IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Bolton (H)

redsapper

In reality, an away trip to, say, one of the 'top 6' Premier League teams, whilst undoubtedly a nice day out, would surely result in us being knocked out in the fourth round.

Far better, in my opinion, to draw and beat an ostensibly 'easy' team at home in the next round, then do the same in the 5th round and, perhaps, even the 1/4 finals with a bit of luck, before drawing a glamour tie in the semi-final at Wembley: wonderful publicity (again) with the added bonus of better financial benefit than the relatively poorly rewarded Carabao cup exploits of last season. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Only 11 places between the teams, and the fact it’s not seen as a shock says more about how poor Huddersfield are rather than us giantkilling.

Should we even be on that list?

Most people would have had us down for the win, don't you reckon?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Should we even be on that list?

Most people would have had us down for the win, don't you reckon?

I think they have just done it on higher team getting knocked out by lower team. Think I read they hadn’t won in 8 before the match whereas we hadn’t lost in 8, so we were the form team going in regardless of league position ( which was only 11 different anyway) as we’ve said. Not sure if there were any draws in that 8 streak either, mainly losses?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Has everyone seen how we play against lower placed teams at home? Our best performances this season are away to higher placed teams.

Arsenal. Away. ?

Exactly my thinking. If we are going out go out in a blaze of interest, not a dodgy goal off a Barnet players backside. 

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

One bonus, if we are drawn at home rovers are away on the 26th so at least we won't have to move to a Sunday 

Bristol rugby are home to Exeter on 26th so if we are drawn at home we won't be playing on the Saturday

I really wish these commentators would stop creaming over Wolves. Let's be honest they are no Huddersfield or Brighton who rightly earned their place in the Prem. Wolves cheated their way I to the Prem and spent huge amounts of money. Their league position isn't a surprise, it would be a surprise if they wasn't in that position.

Archived