IGNORED

Adam Webster

Sparkz 76

What a player this guy is. When Aden Flint left I was gutted but Webster’s positioning intelligence and calmness on the ball is amazing and is twice the player Aden is. The way he brings the ball out and links the play to midfield is very refreshing as not sure if any city centre back has had these attributes. Great signing for LJ and well done to Adam Webster keep it up don

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

What a player this guy is. When Aden Flint left I was gutted but Webster’s positioning intelligence and calmness on the ball is amazing and is twice the player Aden is. The way he brings the ball out and links the play to midfield is very refreshing as not sure if any city centre back has had these attributes. Great signing for LJ and well done to Adam Webster keep it up don

Looks calm and assured on the ball.

I'm old enough to remember Gary Collier and there is lots of Webster's play that reminds me of GC,  and that is some comparison.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Looks calm and assured on the ball.

I'm old enough to remember Gary Collier and there is lots of Webster's play that reminds me of GC,  and that is some comparison.

Spot on, Gary was the most skilled centre half we have produced in my lifetime imo and Webster is very much like him.

I can pay no higher compliment than that.

Flinty was a warrior and I’d never criticise him. He is a city ledge. Webster however, is pure class. The way he brings the ball out is superb. His partnership with Kalas is developing wonderfully well and he is rapidly becoming our most important player. Great piece of business

Having been in Oz for first couple of games, my first live viewing was Boro at home.  Remember writing that he 1) didn’t like heading and 2) a bit casual with his first touch and vowed to watch him more closely.  Thought he started a bit shaky v QPR, but since then has been pretty darn impressive in every game bar West Brom probably.  Now that Kalas has returned to full fitness and form they are a very good combo.  My player and signing of the season so far.

One of my best mates is an Ipswich fan and attends Portman Road regularly. He's fairly depressed at the moment and that isn't helped by me continually telling him how good Webster is. The thing that narks him is that at Ipswich, Webster was seen as a bit of a sick note  -- I told him about Stoke and basically fighting to get on the pitch. He's come to the conclusion that Mad Mick basically left him out and may have used the injuries as an excuse (if they even existed).

On a side note, he's not confident about league one next season and Lambert is going spare.

As for AW - a phenomenal upgrade on Flint. I won't repeat my thoughts on the latter save for that I called a lot of his limitations - and Webster has none of those. The only thing I'd take AF over AW on is ability in the opposing box - as for everything else, different bloody gravy.

14 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

I'm amazed no other clubs were in for him . I was never a fan of flint defensively . The main reason we are much better at the back imo

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Flinty was a warrior and I’d never criticise him. He is a city ledge. Webster however, is pure class. The way he brings the ball out is superb. His partnership with Kalas is developing wonderfully well and he is rapidly becoming our most important player. Great piece of business

Exactly! All this better than Flint blah blah blah. They have different attributes and one of Flints is goals...a lot of goals....This is a CB that got 16 in a season (if I am not mistaken) including a hat trick...

Webster is a class act, that is obvious, but all these comparisons are a bit pony really!

However, Like for Like, he is reminiscent of Gary Collier without a doubt!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! All this better than Flint blah blah blah. They have different attributes and one of Flints is goals...a lot of goals....This is a CB that got 16 in a season (if I am not mistaken) including a hat trick...

Webster is a class act, that is obvious, but all these comparisons are a bit pony really!

We were very very lucky to have Flint

Webster is class 

The anti Flint comments on here are simply embarrassing

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We were very very lucky to have Flint

Webster is class 

The anti Flint comments on here are simply embarrassing

Agree mate. Although Webster is clearly a far better defender, Flint deserves nothing but respect for his total commitment and and numerous vital goals for us.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He's a much better player than Flint ever was, that's obvious.  

Harsh. Flinty was one of my favourite ever players - he always put a shift in. 

Webster is a different animal entirely. A cracking player for sure. Shame we never saw Webster and Flint play together tbh

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Harsh. Flinty was one of my favourite ever players - he always put a shift in. 

Webster is a different animal entirely. A cracking player for sure. Shame we never saw Webster and Flint play together tbh

Flint lived off of his cult hero status which came off of his goal scoring exploits. As a defender he was lower half championship standard, as is now being shown at Boro. 

Webster is defensively miles ahead of him

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Far better defender than flint . 

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! All this better than Flint blah blah blah. They have different attributes and one of Flints is goals...a lot of goals....This is CB that got 16 (if I am not mistaken) including a hat trick...

Better at defending. Fair for people to say so. Loved Flinty, got goals, but the OP is talking about defending.

Archived