IGNORED

attendance today?

slartibartfast

Of the 20 or so "regulars" who I recognise at each game, I'd say only about 4 were sat in their usual seats!  The other seats were occupied by people I didn't recognise.  It's possible they were STs from other stands just trying out a different perspective but they could also be "walk-ups".  If the latter then City might have judged this right as a way of getting new attendees.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Not a bad crowd tbh.

generally I think crowds for a lot of the games yesterday were pretty decent, Everton had almost 38,000 and Chelsea had over 40,000, both playing lower league opposition. Not far off the crowds they would have had for a premier league game. 

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

12,178 against a prem side (admittedly not for long) is pretty bad imo. Must be some reflection on the poor level of entertainment at AG recently. We are on a good run of results but it is hard to argue that it has been entertaining to watch at home.

Huddersfield ‘reserves’ not a particular attractive proposition. Plus cash tight for people after Christmas. I also think the change to ko time didn’t help (that certainly put me off as usually travel by train from Parson street and would have had to leave early to make the 7.35pm)

18 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

12,178 against a prem side (admittedly not for long) is pretty bad imo. Must be some reflection on the poor level of entertainment at AG recently. We are on a good run of results but it is hard to argue that it has been entertaining to watch at home.

I disagree, we have never had great attendance for early cup rounds against non glamour sides. 

I think everyone can agree we played some decent football in the first half of last season but we still only got 13,826 v Stoke.

Just after Christmas we would have had a similar attendance if it had been Brighten, Burnley, Watford or Fulham.

7 hours ago, eardun said:

Huddersfield ‘reserves’ not a particular attractive proposition. Plus cash tight for people after Christmas. I also think the change to ko time didn’t help (that certainly put me off as usually travel by train from Parson street and would have had to leave early to make the 7.35pm)

Yep, but I wouldn’t say that Lincoln City at home was a very attractive fixture for Everton yesterday, yet 38,000 turned up...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but I wouldn’t say that Lincoln City at home was a very attractive fixture for Everton yesterday, yet 38,000 turned up...

Great prices, nevertheless 38k is 38k!

Adults (25-64) - £15
65+ - £10

Under-25s - £10
Under 18s - £5

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So? I didn’t reference ‘home’ fans at all....I said 38,000 turned up...

Calm down precious I’m only pointing it out. You said it wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Evertonyet 38k turned up.

I could equally say Sunderland at home wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Blackpool’s fans the other day, yet 11k turned up. Sunderland however had 8k of that attendance... see how that works?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Perhaps not, although in fact think I would prefer to watch Lincoln, top of league 2 with an up and coming young manager, and a big away following creating an atmosphere, at 3pm on a Saturday than Huddersfield - who we played fairly recently - reserves at 5.30pm!

8 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Calm down precious I’m only pointing it out. You said it wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Evertonyet 38k turned up.

I could equally say Sunderland at home wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Blackpool’s fans the other day, yet 11k turned up. Sunderland however had 8k of that attendance... see how that works?

Yep of course I see how that works precious....but Blackpool is a special case at the moment as you well know....or did you think Lincoln had more fans than Everton in the 38k crowd at Goodison? Do you see how that works?

8 hours ago, eardun said:

Perhaps not, although in fact think I would prefer to watch Lincoln, top of league 2 with an up and coming young manager, and a big away following creating an atmosphere, at 3pm on a Saturday than Huddersfield - who we played fairly recently - reserves at 5.30pm!

‘Fairly recently’ ?! Straight hint at sarcasm there.....I still think that Everton’s 38k crowd was impressive against a basement club..

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep of course I see how that works precious....but Blackpool is a special case at the moment as you well know....or did you think Lincoln had more fans than Everton in the 38k crowd at Goodison? Do you see how that works?

I certainly didn’t hence why my initial post said there were 5.5k Lincoln. Is that too hard to understand?

City used to publish the official figures (including the number of away fans) for all fixtures under ‘Away Days’ on the website, but the lazy side have stopped that this season. It irks me because the size of the City contingent is a true reflection of our support, as the away numbers are affected by day, distance, time, tickets allocated etc. 

11 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Love how we still have people guessing, when it's already been confirmed on various sources (including the OS if you're reading Robbored) as 12,178. 

For the record, I reckon there was a smidge under 12,200 in attendance. Just a guess though. 

Not reading Robbored, and like many folks don't trawl through entire threads.

23 hours ago, Chivs said:

Of the 20 or so "regulars" who I recognise at each game, I'd say only about 4 were sat in their usual seats!  The other seats were occupied by people I didn't recognise.  It's possible they were STs from other stands just trying out a different perspective but they could also be "walk-ups".  If the latter then City might have judged this right as a way of getting new attendees.

Or also the fact it was only £12 in SS as opposed to £18 for my normal seat so gave me £6 to spend on food or drink

Archived