Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

slartibartfast

attendance today?

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Can't see it anywhere......anyone know?  Whatever it is will be a true figure as no s/t . 

I would have said 12/13 .

They didn`t announce it for some reason...…………………………….!

My guess was about 11 -12k judging by the space round us in the SS - mind you, I was surprised at how many Huddersfield there were, about three times as many as I thought they`d bring.

My guess is it will be 5000 more than were in the ground and there will be endless threads on how the club exaggerates the attendances compared to every other club on the planet??? 7375 then!!!😀

On the official site stats for the match it says ATT:  

So either no-one turned up;they forgot to count; computer broke or they are too embarrassed to tell us.

Edited by robin_unreliant

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

On the official site stats for the match it says ATT:  

So either no-one turned up;they forgot to count; computer broke or they are too embarrassed to tell us.

**** off.....we're not the sags !

• Unicorn 1

Actually the attendance was much better than usual for our first game in the FA Cup, though I don’t know what the official numbers are, plenty of Terriers in the Lansdown as well!

Good game and a great showcase, premiership clubs will not want to come to the gate in the next round

• Like 1

14-15k is my guess.

24 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

My guess is it will be 5000 more than were in the ground and there will be endless threads on how the club exaggerates the attendances compared to every other club on the planet??? 7375 then!!!😀

Nonsense.

The club publish tickets sold for all games, so while there could be a discrepancy of a few thousand when season ticket holders don't turn up, that will not be the case for Cup games.

The announced attendance will be the true figure, other than maybe 1-200 who bought a ticket but couldn't make it for whatever reason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Unicorn 1

36 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

My guess was about 11 -12k judging by the space round us in the SS - mind you, I was surprised at how many Huddersfield there were, about three times as many as I thought they`d bring.

It’s not always announced after Championship matches. I always listen out for as I head out of AG. Some they do and some they don’t.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s not always announced after Championship matches. I always listen out for as I head out of AG. Some they do and some they don’t.

Hang on...

So you’re saying you can hear the tannoy sometimes...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

My guess would be 14,100, Dolman seemed pretty heavily populated.

From my seat in upper lansdown dolman looked empty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

My guess would be 14,100, Dolman seemed pretty heavily populated.

My daughter was there and reckoned similar. If so very decent considering the kick off time. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

The part of S22 where I was seemed fairly busy, though less busy than it normally is, there was less than 100 seats in that block when I bought mine however.

I'd have said at a guess Lansdown lower and Dolman were both about 60% full at the minimum.

Those alone have it at around 8k ish.

Assuming similar for SS and that's already somewhere aound 11.

Plus Huddersfield fans.

Pretty sure my Dolman estimate is very conservative too- seemed like the outer block on either side were quite empty but most of the others pretty full.

21 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Try Specsavers !

The central Dolman was quite well populated but the outer areas pretty empty - say 50% full overall?

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wish Downsy would pick his moments more carefully, I've known him to do it when we have an attacking corner in injury time.

39 minutes ago, Leveller said:

The central Dolman was quite well populated but the outer areas pretty empty - say 50% full overall?

OK.............."50% full overall"                              :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hang on...

You reckon he was bullshitting us all along? 

Reckon about 12,500. Sat in lower Dolman main Dolman and South Stand looked 75% full. What about 400 away fans?

Thought it was a bigger crowd than the Plymouth game. What was the attendance for that?

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

14-15k is my guess.

Nonsense.

The club publish tickets sold for all games, so while there could be a discrepancy of a few thousand when season ticket holders don't turn up, that will not be the case for Cup games.

The announced attendance will be the true figure, other than maybe 1-200 who bought a ticket but couldn't make it for whatever reason. 

Sarcasm James...

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hang on...

Outside AG......

8 hours ago, eardun said:

12,178 (according to the Sunday Times)

Not a bad crowd tbh.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Outside AG......

So, if you want to hear the announcements at every game, there's your answer 😇

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not on tv it wasn’t , the dolman was half full at best . 10-11,000 in total imo 

Agreed. I had a one off foray into the SS and from my lofty perch the Dolman was very sparse apart from the central blocks. Even then the back few rows were patchy.

I wouldn't have put it at even half full.

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not on tv it wasn’t , the dolman was half full at best . 10-11,000 in total imo 

It may have been only half full or so, but it still took an age to get out! 

Sadly, I missed my first home game for two years due to being on another continent.

Obviously now I'll have to arrange to be out the country for the 4th Round!

Of the 20 or so "regulars" who I recognise at each game, I'd say only about 4 were sat in their usual seats!  The other seats were occupied by people I didn't recognise.  It's possible they were STs from other stands just trying out a different perspective but they could also be "walk-ups".  If the latter then City might have judged this right as a way of getting new attendees.

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Can't see it anywhere......anyone know?  Whatever it is will be a true figure as no s/t . 

I would have said 12/13 .

The Telegraph have it as a capacity sell out! 😂

8356CE9F-42AE-4257-9F57-B879158A519B.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Super said:

Not a bad crowd tbh.

generally I think crowds for a lot of the games yesterday were pretty decent, Everton had almost 38,000 and Chelsea had over 40,000, both playing lower league opposition. Not far off the crowds they would have had for a premier league game. 

12,178 against a prem side (admittedly not for long) is pretty bad imo. Must be some reflection on the poor level of entertainment at AG recently. We are on a good run of results but it is hard to argue that it has been entertaining to watch at home.

Edited by robin_unreliant
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

there were still people queuing to buy tickets 20 minutes after kick off at the ticket office.

why do people always leave it till last minute on a cup game, it happens at most them.  

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

12,178 against a prem side (admittedly not for long) is pretty bad imo. Must be some reflection on the poor level of entertainment at AG recently. We are on a good run of results but it is hard to argue that it has been entertaining to watch at home.

Huddersfield ‘reserves’ not a particular attractive proposition. Plus cash tight for people after Christmas. I also think the change to ko time didn’t help (that certainly put me off as usually travel by train from Parson street and would have had to leave early to make the 7.35pm)

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I disagree, we have never had great attendance for early cup rounds against non glamour sides. 

I think everyone can agree we played some decent football in the first half of last season but we still only got 13,826 v Stoke.

Just after Christmas we would have had a similar attendance if it had been Brighten, Burnley, Watford or Fulham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sadly, I missed my first home game for two years due to being on another continent.

Obviously now I'll have to arrange to be out the country for the 4th Round!

Swansea away would be your preferred draw then?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, eardun said:

Huddersfield ‘reserves’ not a particular attractive proposition. Plus cash tight for people after Christmas. I also think the change to ko time didn’t help (that certainly put me off as usually travel by train from Parson street and would have had to leave early to make the 7.35pm)

Yep, but I wouldn’t say that Lincoln City at home was a very attractive fixture for Everton yesterday, yet 38,000 turned up...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but I wouldn’t say that Lincoln City at home was a very attractive fixture for Everton yesterday, yet 38,000 turned up...

Great prices, nevertheless 38k is 38k!

Adults (25-64) - £15
65+ - £10

Under-25s - £10
Under 18s - £5

5.5k Lincoln helped that

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So? I didn’t reference ‘home’ fans at all....I said 38,000 turned up...

Calm down precious I’m only pointing it out. You said it wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Evertonyet 38k turned up.

I could equally say Sunderland at home wasn’t a very attractive fixture for Blackpool’s fans the other day, yet 11k turned up. Sunderland however had 8k of that attendance... see how that works?

• Haha 1

Perhaps not, although in fact think I would prefer to watch Lincoln, top of league 2 with an up and coming young manager, and a big away following creating an atmosphere, at 3pm on a Saturday than Huddersfield - who we played fairly recently - reserves at 5.30pm!

22 hours ago, eardun said:

12,178 (according to the Sunday Times)

27,000 according to The Sunday Telegraph Sport section. I kid you not.

• Haha 1