IGNORED

Huddersfield fan in Lansdown

Bob Taylor is GOD

26 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

A Huddersfield fan wearing his scarf walked into the Lower Lansdown and took his seat - bold as brass.

In my younger days, I would have ejected him!    I must have mellowed over the years ?

Was this him? on Huddrsfield forum.

13 hours ago runner76 and k1htafc like this
Post Options

Post by wigster on 13 hours ago

runner76 Avatar
Sat with Bristol fans today and what many on here haven’t picked up on is that they were bloody decent!! Some cracking players and well organised.

Saying that , we looked like a set of players today, not a team. Very poor.

All about opinion, as ever, runner. I watched the 90 minutes and I thought they were poor - their passing was particularly bad. That said, they deserved their win. I think the TV will be struggling to come up with many highlights, but then unfortunately that applies to Town most weeks nowadays. The lack of excitement is almost palpable.

49 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

A Huddersfield fan wearing his scarf walked into the Lower Lansdown and took his seat - bold as brass.

In my younger days, I would have ejected him!    I must have mellowed over the years ?

Should have used your purple "potato masher" on him Bob.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Different Bob, but only 1 purple potato masher!

Whoops!

Just realised my mistake, so Bob Taylor is God is wondering what the heck I'm prattling on about - not that OTIB doesn't think that most of the time- and it's probably a good thing I didn't post a photo, as BTiG would not have known how to take it, so to speak!

As you say, there is only 1 purple potato masher, although  Anne Summers are planning to introduce it as a new product line next week ( but it might be Lakeland!) :)

34 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Each to their own, but seems a strange thing to do with their own seats available.

Fair play to him...just wish you could do it more often without trouble.

I'd travel to more away games if I could watch from the side. I hate watching football from an end.

Unless you go hospitality, or do as our Huddersfield friend did, then you have few options but to sit in an away end.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Whoops!

Just realised my mistake, so Bob Taylor is God is wondering what the heck I'm prattling on about - not that OTIB doesn't think that most of the time!

As you say, there is only 1 purple potato masher, although I think that Anne Summers are planning to introduce it as a new product line next week ( but I might be mixing them up with Lakeland!) :)

At moments like this just stick a picture of Ola up. :thumbsup:.:yes:

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd travel to more away games if I could watch from the side. I hate watching football from an end.

Unless you go hospitality, or do as our Huddersfield friend did, then you have few options but to sit in an away end.

Exactly this. I always sit down the side if going away but would never wear a scarf etc.. Only downside is that you've got to keep it down when we score. Don't know of another sport that segregates supporters like football does although I guess we have more meatheads than most. 

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

At moments like this just stick a picture of Ola up. :thumbsup:.:yes:

Not on a Sunday!

I had to read your post again, just to make sure I got the words in the right order. :)

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Exactly this. I always sit down the side if going away but would never wear a scarf etc.. Only downside is that you've got to keep it down when we score. Don't know of another sport that segregates supporters like football does although I guess we have more meatheads than most. 

Same here if I can. It gets more difficult though with memberships to clubs etc.

A lot of Clubs abroad have 'neutral' sections, where tourists often sit. I'd like to see that introduced in grounds if possible...especially if they rarely sell out.

When I have sat with away fans on the side, it irks that I've often had to stand up and clap when they score, just to keep alive so to speak :laugh:

1 hour ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

If he behaved himself what’s the problem. When travelling away I like pubs where they accept both sets of supporters for friendly chat and banter, such as the Stratford Haven when we visit Forest, and the ground should be no different. As one of the 99% who behaves themselves at football matches I hate the ‘need’ for segregation, especially on seated sides of the stadiums. 

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

Absolutely this. I loathe watching from behind the goal instead of the side. It makes me feel very disorientated watching players coming towards me. I often think about buying a ticket in the home stands at away games, for that very reason.

I read on their forum that one of them arrived without a ticket expecting POTD. Maybe that was him - and someone smuggled him in?

I’ve watched games in with the opposition before - Swindon’s County Ground many times but also Preston on one occasion at Deepdale. It’s ok as long as you keep quiet, behave and don’t wear colours. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Same here if I can. It gets more difficult though with memberships to clubs etc.

A lot of Clubs abroad have 'neutral' sections, where tourists often sit. I'd like to see that introduced in grounds if possible...especially if they rarely sell out.

When I have sat with away fans on the side, it irks that I've often had to stand up and clap when they score, just to keep alive so to speak :laugh:

Years ago I took my then 6 year old son to Luton. We sat in the main stand down the side amongst the Luton supporters. I had explained to him the need to keep it quiet, even if we scored. In the event, we won 3-0. Boy showed admirable self-restraint for most of the game. There was a moment though in the first half as the ball was played out to Mickey Bell. Mickey was taking his time over the cross and was about to get tackled by a Luton player tracking back. The Kenilworth Road silence was shattered by my son shouting 'man on Mickey' at the top of his voice. Am happy to say that hilarity broke out in our bit of the stand and we had a great afternoon chatting to some very good people. What football should be about, imo.

17 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Years ago I took my then 6 year old son to Luton. We sat in the main stand down the side amongst the Luton supporters. I had explained to him the need to keep it quiet, even if we scored. In the event, we won 3-0. Boy showed admirable self-restraint for most of the game. There was a moment though in the first half as the ball was played out to Mickey Bell. Mickey was taking his time over the cross and was about to get tackled by a Luton player tracking back. The Kenilworth Road silence was shattered by my son shouting 'man on Mickey' at the top of his voice. Am happy to say that hilarity broke out in our bit of the stand and we had a great afternoon chatting to some very good people. What football should be about, imo.

Lovely story...and how it should be.

Archived