IGNORED

That corner (!) and other stuff

Chivs

What was that corner (!) all about? I wasn't even looking but my impression was that the goalie kicked it straight out.  Such a shame we didn't score from it....

Fammy had one of his "rebound socks" day when everything bounced off him.  However, has anyone noticed that he's getting nasty?  He's started physically pushing defenders on (and off!) the ball.  A new instruction or just warming to the Championship?

Matty Taylor is a nasty piece of work. I love him. Every time he comes on he immediately gets in the face of the opposition.  I'm sure he kicked their no. 25 off the ball just after coming on. Anyone else see this?

Morrell good; Webster outstanding; Wright looking solid and twice in the right place for two games running.  Good times....

22 minutes ago, Chivs said:

What was that corner (!) all about? I wasn't even looking but my impression was that the goalie kicked it straight out.  Such a shame we didn't score from it....

Fammy had one of his "rebound socks" day when everything bounced off him.  However, has anyone noticed that he's getting nasty?  He's started physically pushing defenders on (and off!) the ball.  A new instruction or just warming to the Championship?

Matty Taylor is a nasty piece of work. I love him. Every time he comes on he immediately gets in the face of the opposition.  I'm sure he kicked their no. 25 off the ball just after coming on. Anyone else see this?

Morrell good; Webster outstanding; Wright looking solid and twice in the right place for two games running.  Good times....

It was bizarre to be sure - I don`t think I`ve ever seen a thing like that before. There have been cases in howling gales I`m sure where the kick has blown back over the keeper`s head but not the way Hamer did it.

What would have happened though if it had gone in? Would it have ben disallowed as you can`t score direct from a goal kick?

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was bizarre to be sure - I don`t think I`ve ever seen a thing like that before. There have been cases in howling gales I`m sure where the kick has blown back over the keeper`s head but not the way Hamer did it.

What would have happened though if it had gone in? Would it have ben disallowed as you can`t score direct from a goal kick?

I missed it as well as @Chivs. According to the fa website, a corner kick would have been awarded had the ball gone in direct from the goal kick - see here.

45 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I’ve had a pop at fams  hold up play in the past but he played well last night and actually bullied the centre half a bit . 

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Diedhiou took some high balls down particularly 2nd half and held onto it, held them up well- first touch often criticised seemed not bad either. Thought he did fine.

Yeah, I didn't express myself very well.  I thought Diedhiou had a great game. He generally kept the ball well.  However,  often he didn't quite have the ball under control after his first touch.  Luckily, Huddersfield just put one man on him who was generally behind him so Diedhiou was able to get a second touch and carry on.

5 hours ago, Chivs said:

Not sure if its new instructions or just actually carrying them out. Warming to the Championship, maybe, but having the confidence definitely.

Taylor is class. The bloke thinks faster than anyone and is a right knarly blighter. 

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure if its new instructions or just actually carrying them out. Warming to the Championship, maybe, but having the confidence definitely.

Taylor is class. The bloke thinks faster than anyone and is a right knarly blighter. 

Unfortunately his feet don’t react at the same speed? 

Archived