IGNORED

Newport

Globe Trotter

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

My mistake, who was it then because she looks like this?

I thought i was getting this wrong because the one I saw on TV looked better   :laugh:

This is the one I meant. Getting my channels muddled. She's on BT, I think

WELL nice

You were getting a boner about the wrong girl, you tinker.

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. and the BBC could do with plenty more post-match interviewers that look like this, in my book.

Well done, Newport congrats, Cheers BBC

tina-daheley-hair-t.jpg.02d00da783431f8ccddf6851a73a4b50.jpg

She needs to get a bit more sleep I reckon. You'd have to pay a surcharge on easyjet with bags that size.

What is sexist about a bloke saying to another bloke that he fancies a lady? 

I don’t usually watch Saturday night shyte tv, but I happened to watch about 5 minutes of some dancing show on Saturday night. Some dancing bloke removed his top to reveal a set of abs and Cheryl Cole and some other judge were swooning away and there were wolf-whistles from the crowd, ladies pretending to fan themselves etc. If that had been blokes acting like that to a woman, would it have been ok to air on national tv? 

Its a simple fact of life that blokes will talk about women they find attractive and women will swoon over men they find attractive. Let’s not call that sexism. Nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t usually watch Saturday night shyte tv, but I happened to watch about 5 minutes of some dancing show on Saturday night. Some dancing bloke removed his top to reveal a set of abs and Cheryl Cole and some other judge were swooning away and there were wolf-whistles from the crowd, ladies pretending to fan themselves etc. If that had been blokes acting like that to a woman, would it have been ok to air on national tv? 

Its a simple fact of life that blokes will talk about women they find attractive and women will swoon over men they find attractive. Let’s not call that sexism. Nonsense. 

It’s not about the fact people find others attractive it’s the way they’re spoken about.

I agree on the reverse point thouhj, women get away with it all the time.

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

It’s not about the fact people find others attractive it’s the way they’re spoken about.

So you agree it’s not sexist then. Just a choice of words which you don’t particularly like. 

It’s a huge difference. A man taking his top off on TV and a woman doing her job.

It is sexist to objectify someone , sure if you are just saying to your mate in conversation, that’s normal but to be grateful to the BBC for putting a bit of ‘ totty’ on TV and bypassing/ignoring her profession is sexist.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Anyway back to Newport...…………….Anyone dated a welsh bird?

I did 

Charlotte

‘ And.....I’m not going to lie to you.......She was lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvely........Tidy In fact.......’

Three friends married women from different parts of the world. The first married a Greek girl and told her that she was to do the dishes and cleaning. It took a couple of days, but on the third day he came home to see a clean house.

The second man married a Thai girl and gave her the same orders, to do all the cleaning and cooking. The first day he didn’t see any results but by the third his house was clean and dinner was on the table.

The third man married a Welsh girl. He ordered her to keep the house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed and dinner ready for 6pm.

For the first two days he didn’t see anything, but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye.

42 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It’s a huge difference. A man taking his top off on TV and a woman doing her job.

It is sexist to objectify someone , sure if you are just saying to your mate in conversation, that’s normal but to be grateful to the BBC for putting a bit of ‘ totty’ on TV and bypassing/ignoring her profession is sexist.

Her profession hasn’t been bypassed / ignored. 

By the simple fact that she is on tv as a presenter, confirms her role as a presenter. The fact that some men may find her attractive and to say so, is not sexist. 

I don’t find her attractive, but by me saying that, doesn’t objectify her in any way, same as someone else saying they do find her attractive doesn’t objectify her.

It’s nature. Some fella’s get aroused at the way a lady looks and vice versa, and it’s fine to talk about it - that does not qualify as sexist. What would be sexist is if this lady in question wasn’t employed by the BBC Sports dept because she was a woman. 

58 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Seriously? Am I not allowed to objectify Gary Lineker, Pep, Idris Elba, Robert Downey Junior when they are doing their job? This is a forum where people are discussing it amongst themselves, as far as I can see there has been no objectification. 

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Seriously? Am I not allowed to objectify Gary Lineker, Pep, Idris Elba, Robert Downey Junior when they are doing their job? This is a forum where people are discussing it amongst themselves, as far as I can see there has been no objectification. 

:dunno:

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think you need to look a lot closer. Also I never said what anyone is allowed to do, people can say whatever they like be it objectifying on a forum or in person.

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I think you need to look a lot closer. Also I never said what anyone is allowed to do, people can say whatever they like be it objectifying on a forum or in person.

I still don't understand what is sexist about commenting about a person, whether it be male or female. 

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I still don't understand what is sexist about commenting about a person, whether it be male or female. 

I grasped that you don’t understand. I was highlighting that whilst commenting that you find someone attractive is fine, discussing someone’s appearance ahead of the quality of work they do is a shame.

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Her profession hasn’t been bypassed / ignored. 

By the simple fact that she is on tv as a presenter, confirms her role as a presenter. The fact that some men may find her attractive and to say so, is not sexist. 

I don’t find her attractive, but by me saying that, doesn’t objectify her in any way, same as someone else saying they do find her attractive doesn’t objectify her.

It’s nature. Some fella’s get aroused at the way a lady looks and vice versa, and it’s fine to talk about it - that does not qualify as sexist. What would be sexist is if this lady in question wasn’t employed by the BBC Sports dept because she was a woman. 

People have focussed on the way she looks not her level of analysis or presentation skills.

As I said in my reply above, yes, there is nothing wrong with saying she is attractive.

Human nature is the sum total of our species identity, the mental, physical, and spiritual characteristics that make humans uniquely, well, human and if you think that involves objectification , I think you’re wrong. But you are correct, it is not sexist to say you think someone’s attractive but sometimes the way it’s written or said, is.

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

To even up the outrageous sexist slant on here 

This selfie is for the girls

68B25178-9223-44E8-AB03-5BB8213A3C46.jpeg

(Ps  I’m not offended by any sexist remarks )

...and then you had to breath out  and re-hydrate!

bob.jpg.7a0a31978e796e71e7037c09498fbfb6.jpg

:)

Archived