IGNORED

Newport

Globe Trotter

30 minutes ago, City_pete1 said:

Is this the same kid that Tinnion said Man U are scouting? No doubt his profile will rise a bit now, after doing well on the BBC.

Certainly is I raised a thread a few weeks back about him and like I said 19 tommorow and everyone is watching him.... He still has 2yrs left on his City contract which needs to be made 5 sharpish... 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s one game.....and live on TV......of course he and all his team will want to impress.

And why wouldn’t they? They’ve got a national audience and of course they would want to impress, no one wants to take a fall on live tv. It doesn’t mean though that they aren’t professional enough to want to win all their matches. Our youngsters are there to get experience and play, something we can’t offer them. They no doubt get to experience the harsh reality of League Two, but when you get days like today they will remember them forever, and you can’t knock them for that.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

And why wouldn’t they? They’ve got a national audience and of course they would want to impress, no one wants to take a fall on live tv. It doesn’t mean though that they aren’t professional enough to want to win all their matches. Our youngsters are there to get experience and play, something we can’t offer them. They no doubt get to experience the harsh reality of League Two, but when you get days like today they will remember them forever, and you can’t knock them for that.

I’m not knocking anyone, least of all Semenyo who had a decent game live on tv today.

I was simply pointing out that his performance was one game and live on national tv should be taken into consideration - and got slagged off for it............:sad26:

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Semenyo has a call back clause for January. No Brainer???

Why?  To sit on our bench at best?  Diedhiou is the main man in our 1 striker set up.  Pato plays as a mix of CM/no10.  I don’t see where he gets the game-time he is getting at Newport.  I was impressed by him though.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Why?  To sit on our bench at best?  Diedhiou is the main man in our 1 striker set up.  Pato plays as a mix of CM/no10.  I don’t see where he gets the game-time he is getting at Newport.  I was impressed by him though.

How about in place of Pato… who except for a few little flashes is still not really producing for us, especially at home where we need more support for Fammy up front on his own... 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Beat me to it. Eisa has a 1 in 2 goal record in the division Newport are in, and he can't get near a start. Looks a real prospect, but bit early yet.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

How about in place of Pato… who except for a few little flashes is still not really producing for us, especially at home where we need more support for Fammy up front on his own... 

We’ve no evidence of him being able to play in that role do we?  We do need more support to Fam, but I think that is happening naturally as we develop the current 4141/4411 system.  It requires Pato to play more like a midfield man when we don’t have the ball and early in the passage of play.  That foundation would be disrupted.  Of course it is the best evolution if this team, but I'm happy with its slow progression / improvement at the mo’.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Exactly where I'd play the lad... I've a bit of this lad and I'm sure he'll have a bright future hopefully with us... 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dave I would like to see him compliment our striker - the current encumbant is woeful, Darting runs in space but no end effect and refuses to get physical. Semenyo has the potential to be everything he is not, at the moment we may as well be playing  only ten as a space is taken up by a mostly ineffective powder puff

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

You can just tell by Semenyo’s touch and technique that he’s too good for League 2 football already. Either get him back, or send him to a league 1 club for 2nd half of the season. 

For the love of god why isn't he back at city no way people can say he's not ready believe me motivate him week in week out he can easily play championship football.

Archived