IGNORED

Dale Vince Statement about Bolton. (Merged)

They should be banned from transfer dealings for a long time. The consequences for not punishing them heavily would be other clubs potentially starting to pull out of done deals. It's also unacceptable how they've seemingly benefitted from a player's services on the pitch for months on the back of a dodgy deal and without paying his wages. It's not fair on clubs doing things properly, especially clubs on tight budgets.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

They should be banned from transfer dealings for a long time. The consequences for not punishing them heavily would be other clubs potentially starting to pull out of done deals. It's also unacceptable how they've seemingly benefitted from a players services on the pitch for months on the back of a dodgy deal and without paying his wages. It's not fair on club's doing things properly, especially clubs on tight budgets.

The deal should be quashed so that the player can be open to offers in January. Equally, Bolton should be fined & deducted points.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

The deal should be quashed so that the player can be open to offers in January. Equally, Bolton should be fined & deducted points.

Bolton have been getting away with this sort of stuff for far too long. I recall Scunthorpe's chairman saying they shouldn't have been allowed to go back up to the Championship. Maybe he was bitter about missing out, but seems they still had some huge earners on the books whilst they went up.

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Problem there, is that FGR have probably budgeted for the million quid they were expecting this month, as well as not being on the hook for his wages.

Not to mention the player who has clearly shown his commitment to the cause by relocating to Bolton.

Would like to think that the EFL make an example here and compensate FGR for the difference between what the player achieves pricewise elsewhere, as well as reimburses the wages they have paid for a player who hasn't been available to them. And that the player gets his relocation costs returned to him.

It really is a shambles, FGR could well be in a stronger league position if they had their best player turning out for them rather than Bolton.

Once everything is all square, the EFL should then try and get the money out of Bolton, assume it was the EFL who allowed this transfer to take place.

14 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Is anyone able to quickly summarise what has happened to Bolton? Tried to do a few Googles but lots of conflicting info. 

Seems like they owe lots of people money:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16101222._quot_If_we_had_to_pay_them_all_right_now__this_moment__we_could_quot____Ken_talks_hard_debt_at_Wanderers/

I suspect it's probably like the Coventry situation with owners who are looking to cash in rather invest in the club.

They might as well go into administration as relegation looks highly likely anyway.

7 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16101222._quot_If_we_had_to_pay_them_all_right_now__this_moment__we_could_quot____Ken_talks_hard_debt_at_Wanderers/

I suspect it's probably like the Coventry situation with owners who are looking to cash in rather invest in the club.

They might as well go into administration as relegation looks highly likely anyway.

the article is from March 2018

15 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Wasn't the rules changed a few years back regarding when you receive a points deduction? So if Bolton got minus 10 points but would have still been relegated either way then it will be applied the following season?

51 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

They should be banned from transfer dealings for a long time. The consequences for not punishing them heavily would be other clubs potentially starting to pull out of done deals. It's also unacceptable how they've seemingly benefitted from a player's services on the pitch for months on the back of a dodgy deal and without paying his wages. It's not fair on clubs doing things properly, especially clubs on tight budgets.

Axe grinding? ?

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The only points affected would be Boltons, even then it depends when they go into Admin. As long as they finish the season any points won from them should be ok.If they can't finish the season , completely disappear then points may be forfeit . I would be amazed if the League didn't step in to help them complete the season now it's started. 

Not sure of the cut off, but if the Admin is done early any points deducted from Bolton would be this year. If they leave it late, they can be deducted from next year, supposing they can start that season. 

Think NTTDS May have meant go bust completely, in which case all their results, and the points other teams have gained, are wiped out??

6 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Not sure the people employed by the club would be happier, obviously assuming they will carry on being paid.

Exactly, the club is becoming unsalvageable. Most non playing staff have seen this before and must be used to the idea their jobs are on the line again!

I like FGR but not Dale Vince as I don't like those that force their ideas on others. We all have a right to make our own choice. In saying that Vince is 100% correct in calling out the Bolton owner in this fiasco. When any business goes broke it has a domino effect for others who are owed money. Bolton going under could be the death knell for many small businesses and other football clubs who they owe money to. The EFL need to act and act fast in situations like this. You have employees on tenterhooks about whether they will be paid and players who have made commitments to move to the area on empty promises who still need to pay their own bills. I doubt the Bolton owner has too many worries about how he will pay his mortgage as I doubt he has one. The cancer that is in football these days is going to kill it off for all of us. I don't want to be a fan of one of maybe 6 clubs that can afford to be in some sort of European Super League. I want to support "my club" Bristol City in a sustainable competition and I thank god we have the owner we have in SL. The money washing around in football is obscene and clubs like Bolton try to compete but just can't sustain survival. Many others will follow, mark my words. FFS let the game return to some sort of sustainable normality.

29 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So where's my choice of a vegan pasty, an organic cola or a plastic free water at Ashton Gate? ?

Why ask me, I'm not your Mum ?  Take it up with the club. You have a voice and an opinion so express it to those concerned.

Just read that Ken Anderson is coming to Ashton Gate Saturday.

I honestly hope the club makes a stand and doesn’t let him into corporate. Let him stand with the real hardcore fans of the club so he can truly understand how he’s destroying them.

Just seen on twitter that Dale Vince has invited Bolton fans down to watch FGR v Bury and if they wear their Bolton shirt they get a free pint. They also setting up a limited edition shirt to raise money for the Bolton Supporters Trust.

As the first reply puts it: "The chairman of a club screwed over by Bolton is now doing more to help Bolton than their own chairman"

57 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just read that Ken Anderson is coming to Ashton Gate Saturday.

I honestly hope the club makes a stand and doesn’t let him into corporate. Let him stand with the real hardcore fans of the club so he can truly understand how he’s destroying them.

That'll be twice then.

Archived