IGNORED

Dale Vince Statement about Bolton. (Merged)

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sounds like Vince has got him well wound up :clapping:

Articulate aint he.............not 

The best bit following his opening gambit was to say "Everything else he has said is totally irrelevant as far as l am concerned and l won’t lower myself to respond to his disrespectful and misleading comments.".......and then proceeds to write the most childish, incoherent and unprofessional rant against Vince.

You would think under the circumstances Anderson would be keeping a low profile......embarressing  

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

This just got a bit more interesting! One of the strangest press releases I've seen ?

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

Holy shit! Did he actually just end on a Winston Churchill quote? Seems to be comparing his struggles over a football transfer to leading Britain through WW2!

Think him calling Dale Vince "strange" is pot calling kettle black of the highest order.

Anderson's lawyer must have just died of a heart attack.

But nice for City to get a little mention at the end isn't it!

"I believe I have said everything I need to on the FGR matter and I won’t be making any more comments. My focus will now be on the Bristol City match at the weekend and to ensure that we retain our Championship status."

My wife's late granddad, Harry was a lifelong Bolton supporter. He was at the match between Bolton and Stoke in 1946 when an estimated 85,000 squeezed into Burnden Park causing a crush which killed 33 people and injured several hundred more. He loved that club and thus, I've always had a soft spot for them.

Through a then work colleague who had connections with the club, I managed to obtain for Harry at Christmas 1997, a copy of a book detailing the final ten years of Bolton's time at Burnden Park which was personally dedicated to him by Nat Lofthouse together with a card signed by all of the players. 

Harry will be turning in his grave with the madness which today besets his club. I hope, only for his sake that they stay in business though not by shafting other clubs in the EFL and Premiership. Good luck Bolton, but not on Saturday nor in the next round of the FA Cup!

Harry Ramsden - Book 1997.JPG

Harry Ramsden - Book inscription 1997.JPG

Harry Ramsden - Christmas Card 1997.JPG

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

My wife's late granddad, Harry was a lifelong Bolton supporter. He was at the match between Bolton and Stoke in 1946 when an estimated 85,000 squeezed into Burnden Park causing a crush which killed 33 people and injured several hundred more. He loved that club and thus, I've always had a soft spot for them.

Through a then work colleague who had connections with the club, I managed to obtain for Harry at Christmas 1997, a copy of a book detailing the final ten years of Bolton's time at Burnden Park which was personally dedicated to him by Nat Lofthouse together with a card signed by all of the players. 

Harry will be turning in his grave with the madness which today besets his club. I hope, only for his sake that they stay in business though not by shafting other clubs in the EFL and Premiership. Good luck Bolton, but not on Saturday nor in the next round of the FA Cup!

Harry Ramsden - Book 1997.JPG

Harry Ramsden - Book inscription 1997.JPG

Harry Ramsden - Christmas Card 1997.JPG

My late father took me to my first ever City match, home to Bolton Wanderers with John Atyeo and the England goalkeeper Eddie Hopkinson in goal for BW.

I remember clearly being passed along/above the shoulders of those men in the Open End to be placed on the dwarf white wall behind the railings.

Unfortunately, my recollection of City winning 1-0 is not borne out by the official records. 

• Admin

Bolton chairman Ken Anderson has accused Dale Vince of talking "total nonsense", describing the Forest Green Rovers owner as "one of the strangest people l have ever come across in football".

The duo have been in dispute since Vince described Anderson's alleged behaviour over a deal for striker Christian Doidge as "shocking".

On Tuesday, Forest Green began selling "No Ken Do" T-shirts that feature a "motif that supports our new friends at Bolton Wanderers", with all profits going to the Championship club's Supporters' Trust.

But Anderson, who said "I won't lower myself to respond to his disrespectful and misleading comments", has now proposed launching his own T-shirt range.

"I have to say that I found the T-shirts FGR are selling quite humorous," he said in a statement on Wednesday. "I'm sure the Supporters' Trust will greatly receive the funds they generate.

"We are thinking about printing our own which will say 'Yes We Ken' and we will donate all proceeds to those employees of Ecotricity (a green energy company owned by Vince) who were made redundant."

Vince is also offering a free pint to Bolton fans who attend Rovers' home League Two game against Bury on 19 January - although Anderson questioned how the concept "fits in with his green philosophy".

"l can only imagine it's his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame and as much free publicity as possible," he added.

"He's probably achieved more air time and press coverage over the last few days than ever before. Good luck with that and well done."

Wanderers are under a registration embargo but majority shareholder Anderson - who has already described Vince's comments as "very disrespectful" - said "we have had directions from the English Football League on how we can sign players".

However, Anderson did not provide detail on the conditions Bolton must meet to have the embargo lifted.

Doidge, 26, originally joined Wanderers on loan in August, with the deal to be made permanent this month, but it collapsed and he subsequently returned to Forest Green on Sunday.

"I have read and heard his [Vince's] recollection of our telephone conversations and have given them the credit they deserve and promptly dispatched them into the bin," said Anderson.

"The truth of the matter is that it's probably sour grapes as he knows he negotiated a poor deal in August 2018.

"He foolishly tried to renegotiate the terms last Friday and bring an additional £250,000 forward to August/January this year and next. As l have previously said this was flatly refused and remains the position now.

"What l can say is that he knows what he agreed in August 2018 and l have made it clear that we are still prepared to make the first payment, as always agreed from the outset, next week when we receive the EFL distribution monies.

"If this is not now acceptable, then so be it, but don't go blaming me for disappointing Christian as we have made it absolutely clear that he is welcome here.

"I understand that the only reason he won't be here is because of Dale and that's a shame as he is unable to play at any other clubs this season apart from FGR or us."

A statement on Bolton's Supporters' Trust website on Sunday said they felt the club's name had been "dragged through the mud" by the return of Doidge to his parent club.

Later on Wednesday it emerged Bolton are facing winding-up petitionsfrom HM Revenue & Customs and sport management agency Stellar Football Limited.

"If and when it is served, the club will vigorously defend the petition by Stellar Football Ltd. The HMRC petition will be dealt with if and when served," a spokesperson said.

Archived