IGNORED

Mark Ashton Q and A with Geoff Twentyman

Never to the dark side

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

As in tonight?

GT: Hi Mark, how are you?

MA: Holistically, I'm fine, however I think it's important that we take a step back, put a straw man in place, open up the consideration of my wellbeing to some blue sky thinking and look at the synergies between the question and the expected reply........ <30 minutes later....>

GT: Well, than concludes the show for this evening, sorry we had no time to get to the phones or Tweets, but we can end here safe in the knowledge that Mark is probably 'alright'.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

I really hope Geoff gives him a good grilling.

To be fair Geoff I do believe is great at his role, very very good for local radio, and really isn’t scared of the hard questions

Do you prefer Haze or Gold ?

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

£5 on “It’s a difficult window” + “There’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes”

and 50p each way on “That Donkey we brought in last year” 

I bet he would love to be announcing a deal tonight, but that would be his fall back position. But lets face it, we have all seen the figures so its probably true.

33 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

So long as he's not fishing at mine..

Got enough to content with the 'gurt big heron!

Too late - ands he's got LJ with him!

gnome.jpg.b9c4c60c02e8e0b286f4994a69c27717.jpg

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

We really need a Mark Ashton Buzzword Drinking Game.

Reckon it could be goodnight Vienna by the time Points West starts.

Save yourself the bother of listening,  this is what he will say

Q. Any news on recruitment Mark?

Geoff-  Firstly let’s remember we have some very talented players at this football club, and some very talented young players coming through and it’s important not to block the pathway, having said that Geoff we are always looking to improve and the recruitment team are working tirelessly 24/7 to try to find players who fit the Bristol City DNA and will improve the squad. We all know January is a difficult window and I’be been in this industry for a long time and it gets harder each year but we take that as a challenge and our analysts and scouts are watching hundreds of games and working to create a quality list of targets that match the profiles and positions Lee has identified .  Let’s also not forget that any recruitment is only possible with the support of the Lansdown family and we are incredibly fortunate that they are so supportive. Clearly I can’t name names but let me assure you and the supporters - who are the lifeblood of the club by the way -that we are continuously having discussions with players agents and my vast list of contacts built up through a long successful career in this industry and I can assure everyone that we are doing everything possible but of course will only bring players in if they are an exact fit in terms of ambition,ability,personality and character to fit into what is an excellent group at this football club. As soon as any deal is agreed I assure you Geoff that it will be announced but only when everything is agreed. We do not discuss our business in public -let me be very clear on that.

Any players going out Mark? 

We don’t want to sell anybody and we are under no pressure to do so let me make that clear, but I’ve been in this industry a long time and never say never Geoff, we will never stand in the way of a players ambition and development and unless you are a Premier League club then it’s a fact of life that if a player gets a chance to play at a higher level then they will want to take that chance. My job then becomes one of getting the very best deal for this football club and I have been successful in that as in the case of Bobby Reid and I will continue to work tirelessly for this football club. Let me be very clear Geoff - a player will only leave this football club if it’s the right deal for Bristol City.

Etc etc

I reckon ‘synergy’ could be the buzzword of the night.

Worth putting a fiver on that. 

Looking forward to probing questions on last January’s transfer debacle and whether his comments on us and promotion were helpful, or not. Also wonder if him acting on behalf of the EFL in the television negotiations has marginalised us as far as the big Clubs are concerned and prejudiced our involvement with them possibility negotiating rights elsewhere.

One of my favourite parts of last year...

GT: ''So where are the club scouting, where are the club looking for real quality to bring players in that will help push the club to promotion?''

MA: ''I've spoken at length about the pools and oceans that we are fishing in a...''

GT: ''That's all well and good but what about the countries and leagues??''

5 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

It really can’t be any worse then when wally was on there a few weeks ago....

I really hope he gets in "confidentiality agreement" just for the wind up.

54 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Geoff-  Firstly let’s remember we have some very talented players at this football club, and some very talented young players coming through and it’s important not to block the pathway, having said that Geoff we are always looking to improve and the recruitment team are working tirelessly 24/7 to try to find players who fit the Bristol City DNA and will improve the squad. We all know January is a difficult window and I’be been in this industry for a long time and it gets harder each year but we take that as a challenge and our analysts and scouts are watching hundreds of games and working to create a quality list of targets that match the profiles and positions Lee has identified .  Let’s also not forget that any recruitment is only possible with the support of the Lansdown family and we are incredibly fortunate that they are so supportive. Clearly I can’t name names but let me assure you and the supporters - who are the lifeblood of the club by the way -that we are continuously having discussions with players agents and my vast list of contacts built up through a long successful career in this industry and I can assure everyone that we are doing everything possible but of course will only bring players in if they are an exact fit in terms of ambition,ability,personality and character to fit into what is an excellent group at this football club. As soon as any deal is agreed I assure you Geoff that it will be announced but only when everything is agreed. We do not discuss our business in public -let me be very clear on that.

We don’t want to sell anybody and we are under no pressure to do so let me make that clear, but I’ve been in this industry a long time and never say never Geoff, we will never stand in the way of a players ambition and development and unless you are a Premier League club then it’s a fact of life that if a player gets a chance to play at a higher level then they will want to take that chance. My job then becomes one of getting the very best deal for this football club and I have been successful in that as in the case of Bobby Reid and I will continue to work tirelessly for this football club. Let me be very clear Geoff - a player will only leave this football club if it’s the right deal for Bristol City.

Etc etc

Very good but nowhere near enough DNAs and what about "We don't want to disrupt the harmony we have in the squad" sure to be one or two of those.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Etc etc

Well that's it then, no need to listen now!

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m having £5 on ‘fishing in different ponds’

I bet he’s never been to Fishponds though!!!

54 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I really hope he gets in "confidentiality agreement" just for the wind up.

“Commercially sensitive” will be used when asked about any recall for Kalas!!!

Archived