IGNORED

Mark Ashton Q and A with Geoff Twentyman

Never to the dark side

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Contradiction on Diony....we were told we were scouting him for 2 years, he’s now just said that we signed him because we were bullied out of others because we were fighting with the big boys?

Both points could be correct 

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Save yourself the bother of listening,  this is what he will say

Q. Any news on recruitment Mark?

Geoff-  Firstly let’s remember we have some very talented players at this football club, and some very talented young players coming through and it’s important not to block the pathway, having said that Geoff we are always looking to improve and the recruitment team are working tirelessly 24/7 to try to find players who fit the Bristol City DNA and will improve the squad. We all know January is a difficult window and I’be been in this industry for a long time and it gets harder each year but we take that as a challenge and our analysts and scouts are watching hundreds of games and working to create a quality list of targets that match the profiles and positions Lee has identified .  Let’s also not forget that any recruitment is only possible with the support of the Lansdown family and we are incredibly fortunate that they are so supportive. Clearly I can’t name names but let me assure you and the supporters - who are the lifeblood of the club by the way -that we are continuously having discussions with players agents and my vast list of contacts built up through a long successful career in this industry and I can assure everyone that we are doing everything possible but of course will only bring players in if they are an exact fit in terms of ambition,ability,personality and character to fit into what is an excellent group at this football club. As soon as any deal is agreed I assure you Geoff that it will be announced but only when everything is agreed. We do not discuss our business in public -let me be very clear on that.

Any players going out Mark? 

We don’t want to sell anybody and we are under no pressure to do so let me make that clear, but I’ve been in this industry a long time and never say never Geoff, we will never stand in the way of a players ambition and development and unless you are a Premier League club then it’s a fact of life that if a player gets a chance to play at a higher level then they will want to take that chance. My job then becomes one of getting the very best deal for this football club and I have been successful in that as in the case of Bobby Reid and I will continue to work tirelessly for this football club. Let me be very clear Geoff - a player will only leave this football club if it’s the right deal for Bristol City.

Etc etc

Not bad so far 

:thumbsup::yes:

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Contradiction on Diony....we were told we were scouting him for 2 years, he’s now just said that we signed him because we were bullied out of others because we were fighting with the big boys?

McCormack wasn't it at the time? Or am I imagining that?

Great news regarding Dasilva, helps with Kelly instantly.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Other than that is he telling us anything new? The Dasilva news is a decent surprise. 

Could have a mental agreed fee though.

Then again you'd presume Chelsea wouldn't be too demanding considering the loan rule change that means they need to get rid of loads of players.

17 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Kalas and DaSilva cannot be recalled 

Was that my question?

17 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Pre agreed fee with Da Silva 

Will add to the spreadsheet

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Mind you, we agreed a fee for Diony too!?

And Woodrow!

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not bad so far 

:thumbsup::yes:

@CodeRed you are MA aren’t you....code red is the red leather book of rules / codes.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Could have a mental agreed fee though.

Then again you'd presume Chelsea wouldn't be too demanding considering the loan rule change that means they need to get rid of loads of players.

I can’t see Chelsea thinking he has first team potential. Think his size will be looked at as holding him back from being in that champions league bracket of player. I may be wrong though. Have seen on social media that Chelsea fans do not feel Sarri is great for youth and with Hudson Odoi wanting more opportunities and the likes of Ampadu not finding minutes and players like Mount and Tammy needing endless loans you can see why players are leaving Chelsea plus as you said their loan rules. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was that my question?

Will add to the spreadsheet

And Woodrow!

@CodeRed you are MA aren’t you....code red is the red leather book of rules / codes.

Yes you were named as well

8 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

We will be stronger in the next year for FFP as a particularly poor year of losses drops off the rolling period.

We won't be in a good FFP position until 2021. The three-year rolling period will include the £20m+ losses from last season until then.

Archived