IGNORED

Mark Ashton Q and A with Geoff Twentyman

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In fairness, he's not actually doing too bad tonight.

Agree. Some of the earlier posters have won on the bingo but generally he's been honest and open. In particular around Kelly, Da Silva, Kalas etc. He'll always be restricted in what he can say but I like what he is saying.

If anything can be taken away it sounds to me as though the club has a clear and consistent approach in the recruitment and sale process. Particularly in having certain standard clauses across contracts for players at different levels. that suggests a clear strategy that can serve both the short and long term and is a sign of very sound business acumen.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

We won't be in a good FFP position until 2021. The three-year rolling period will include the £20m+ losses from last season until then.

We are allowed to lose £39m over three years.

As it stands we lost £35m over the past three years. However in the next season, we lose a year where we lost £12m and welcome in a season where we made over £20m in transfer profit.

We're absolutely fine next season for FFP barring a massive spend this January.

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

Great news about Da Silva, looks a very good player.

Helps to explain why he's not been playing every game. In a way we may see him as the replacement for Kelly when he leaves.  So play Kelly this season to maximise the return on him. Tell Da Silva that he'll get 15 appearances but next season he is No.1. Sweet.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Travel up there, then wait for Fulham to come in!!

That, and then Tammy jump ship to Wolves on loan for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Dasilva  joining permanently is amazing news. What a prospect 

He his very good, despite all the 'knockers' and doubters re MA .  Lets be fair, no one on here knew that De Silva is an agreed signing (unless the player changes is mind)   I would have to listen to it back but i am sure that's what he said.

(Different to Diony where a fee was agreed but we could back out)

Archived