IGNORED

Bristol Airport parking

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

Was just seeing if there were any alternative anyone uses,only flying to Glasgow.have booked the lunchtime flight so I can get the bus into Bristol.which bus is best to get to airport from either temple meads or bus station.

There's an airport flyer bus that you can get from either the bus station or Temple Meads.  It cost around £10 last time I used it, but that was a few years ago so it might have increased in price by now.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

There's an airport flyer bus that you can get from either the bus station or Temple Meads.  It cost around £10 last time I used it, but that was a few years ago so it might have increased in price by now.

Doesn’t the metrobus run to the airport?

15 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

anyone know any reliable alternative parking at Bristol airport . just been quoted £40 for 4 days for silver zone no chance I’m paying that. 

This post is rather prudent as I was just about to post a question myself!

To address your point first, I've just paid £32 to park for 3 days in Silver zone. I actually don't think it's that bad, plus your car is secure and on CCTV 24/7 with staff present at all times.

This isn't the same with nearby car par-parks; just have a look at recent horror stories where local hotels/firms (including the infamous Airport Tavern) move peoples cars to remote country lanes, no security, no CCTV, people returning from holidays and no idea where their cars are, no staff to contacts etc etc

On the tangent then, my question was:

When booking the Silver Parking, I was asked how many people would be in my car. I just put myself, but may want to pick up a few people en-route. Will I be penalized if I rock up to park the car with 4 passengers?

12 hours ago, Undy English said:

This post is rather prudent as I was just about to post a question myself!

To address your point first, I've just paid £32 to park for 3 days in Silver zone. I actually don't think it's that bad, plus your car is secure and on CCTV 24/7 with staff present at all times.

This isn't the same with nearby car par-parks; just have a look at recent horror stories where local hotels/firms (including the infamous Airport Tavern) move peoples cars to remote country lanes, no security, no CCTV, people returning from holidays and no idea where their cars are, no staff to contacts etc etc

On the tangent then, my question was:

When booking the Silver Parking, I was asked how many people would be in my car. I just put myself, but may want to pick up a few people en-route. Will I be penalized if I rock up to park the car with 4 passengers?

No doubt it all you gotta do is hand your reference confirmation over and your key at the check in desk.

19 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Will my car still be there when I get back? mind you it’s only a old Peugeot  207 prob worth more nicked with amount of probs I had with it.

If I had a Peugeot 207 I'd go with cheap alternative airport parking in the hope that I couldn't find it upon my return ?

Archived