Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

KeepUpLino

Minutes applause 41st minute on Saturday

Good evening All, I would like to kindly invite you all to join in for a minutes applause on Saturday for a life long City fan and great friend of my self and many (Benjamin Parker) who sadly passed away at the young age of 41 on the 30th Dec at home after a night out with his friends..

Scotty Murray has kindly sorted out tickets for friends and family and a small tribute in the programe 👍🏻

Benjamin is the lad far right in the dark blue polo, I’m sure many of you will recognize him..

God bless you mate xxx

0F839E17-79F8-4580-BE62-7EFA2C6C8D97.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Truly gutted to hear about this. What a top lad he was. The two Newcastle/Sunderland nights out with Ben will live long in my memory. Will be sorely missed 

• Like 2

So sad . Can the club do anything to put up on the screens to let people know   ? Not sure what’s been done before or whether this is seen as not the ‘ done thing ‘ 

1 hour ago, Waffleflap said:

Truly gutted to hear about this. What a top lad he was. The two Newcastle/Sunderland nights out with Ben will live long in my memory. Will be sorely missed 

Thanks John, funerals on the 16th mate, hope to see you there 👍🏻X

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

So sad . Can the club do anything to put up on the screens to let people know   ? Not sure what’s been done before or whether this is seen as not the ‘ done thing ‘ 

That would be a nice touch... Not sure the club like doing it though as it would set a precedent..

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

That would be a nice touch... Not sure the club like doing it though as it would set a precedent..

I think it has been done before but not often, don’t know if people haven’t asked or the club won’t do it or people just don’t want it.

I thought Stoke did a nice tribute. Applause at the start of the game and photos of all their fans and people connected with the club who are no longer with us in the past year on the screens. It was a nice gesture I thought.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

When I asked Matt Parsons about this a few months back , he said they wouldn’t use the big screen but could put something in program 

RIP Ben

• Like 1

So sad to hear of another City fan leaving us far before his time. A rousing 41st minute I hope to remember someone I never knew  but younger than my two daughters. RIP Ben and condolences to your family and friends

• Like 2

As others have said, a very sad story.

I hope the applause of all us fellow fans can bring a crumb of comfort  to Benjamin's family and friends.

• Like 1

Will be joining in the tribute on the 41st minute we lost our son died in his sleep 25  he use to work in dolman 1 bar  just coming up to his 3rd anniversary our thoughts are with all his family and friends 

• Sad 3

Bringing together a lot of old friends today who haven’t been attending of late... Funny how it always takes something tragic!!

lets raise the roof for Ben in the 41st please

E7DAD544-168C-462B-908E-13969E030DE9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Bringing together a lot of old friends today who haven’t been attending of late... Funny how it always takes something tragic!!

lets raise the roof for Ben in the 41st please

E7DAD544-168C-462B-908E-13969E030DE9.jpeg

That’s a sad thought. One less City fan in their seat.

I hope he has a lovely tribute today.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

What an incredible response from you incredible reds... Thank you ❤️

Superb from all including Bolton fans.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Super said:

Superb from all including Bolton fans.

It`s what proper fans do. When it all boils down to it we`re all part of the same wonderful game and every fan is `one of our own`.

RIP Ben, no doubt you enjoyed the win from up there in the best seats.

• Like 1

Very well received in the Lansdown.....especially the "City till I die " straight after the applause. Well done everyone.👍

• Like 1

Benny Boy will be greatly missed. Red sky with ben Ben in it ....fly high and  Fly the Red flag Ben. Always a pleasure to see your smiling chops. RIp buddy. Condolances to all of the Williams ""Massive"" You know who you are. Such a sad loss. See you all Weds. xx

• Like 2