IGNORED

Let's do our bit - starting with Saturday.

James

It's no secret that over the first half of this season the atmosphere in our corner, as well as Ashton Gate on the whole has been noticeably flat when compared to that of last season.

Granted, City haven't excelled to the same levels on the pitch either (yet), but that shouldn't be an excuse for the noise in the stands to be any less. LJ and the players have said repeatedly how much the noise generated in AG can push the team on.

Although we didn't ultimately get the result we wanted, the Stoke game earlier this season is a perfect example. The second half was a constant wall of noise, and but for some world class goalkeeping on the day, the result would undoubtedly have swung in our favour. The Norwich and most recently Rotherham games also come to mind.

When we stick with the players, there's no doubt that their performances lift with it.

In English Football we've all witnessed the corporate sanitisation inside grounds, soulless bowls that cater more towards a tourist experience than that of the life and blood of every club - the fans.

Although we all know that over the last 5 years AG has changed drastically from the ground that we all hold fond memories of, there's no need for it to go the same way. Regardless of the change in layout/position (for 90 minutes at least) we, as that life and soul, still have the power to make the experience what we want it to be.

Of course that ideal will vary for everyone and we fully respect that. But for S82 (and we'd hope the majority of those that stand with us in S25 & S26) that is to be vocally and visually supportive for whichever 11 players are out there wearing our beloved Red & White.

We'll continue to provide the platform for that support, but we as a group are only a part of the South Stand. We've never claimed to speak or act on anyone else's behalf and are always open to ideas. Therefore we'd encourage any fans that would like to be more involved with S82 to get in touch - drop us a DM on here or come and see us in the ground.

Regardless of which part of the ground you sit in, let's take the Bolton match this Saturday as an opportunity to remind ourselves what a buzzing Ashton Gate can be like, on and off the pitch!

The players have been doing their bit, now let's do ours - who knows where it'll take us!

COYR

S82

Good positive post @James......looking back, when the ‘real’ East End, Enclosure and Dolman Block B got going in unison - it was very, very noisy inside our home ground - and it undoubtedly lifted the players immensely. I really hope we can get that back, but modern football and its limitations make it difficult....but why not try a bit harder than we do?! Good for you J.....

On 08/01/2019 at 22:34, kivsy said:

Would be good to see a sea of flags and two poles , the things a lot of people contributed towards 

keep up the good work , would be good if other people / stands joined in too.  

Cheers Kivsy,

We'll definitely have plenty out on Saturday, but unfortunately lots of the 2 poles have 'grown legs' over the last couple of seasons so are a little depleted on that front for the moment, we have got an order hopefully to be fired off in the next month though.

We've also got a big display planned for the Swansea game which if all goes to plan should be a good one!

On 08/01/2019 at 01:23, Up The City! said:

How about s82 don't start with the repetitive songs right from kick off? Totally destroys the atmosphere in the other stands.

Tend to agree. Can we pack the “ole ole ole ola” clappy shite in and let’s create a proper atmosphere. Chants like that one are repetitive and sound dull. Looking forward to Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Tend to agree. Can we pack the “ole ole ole ola” clappy shite in and let’s create a proper atmosphere. Chants like that one are repetitive and sound dull. Looking forward to Saturday. 

Go on then, you come up with something better... 

34 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It's pretty simple granted, but I actually prefer being a part of that than most others. If a large number of fans around the ground were to join in with that like they do with some of the standard songs, I think it would be far more impressive than the norm. 

That being said, as long as it's not that 'and that's the way we like it' chant that every club in football seems to have adopted, I don't really care what we're singing (to a degree...) as long as it's loud.

30 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

We should have a phone number for people to call if they don't like specific songs. Maybe a request system or some way of voting out songs we don't like...

Or maybe, if people want to sing and create an atmosphere, other people should join in or just start different songs.

@James  or if people don’t want to start singing on their own and look a tit when no one else joins in ! 

How about tweeting section82 any city song suggestions , I’m getting on a bit and remember dooby dooby doo , and if we had shot that was close the east end would shout bbrriissttoll , surely I can’t be the only one to remember that ? 

On 08/01/2019 at 01:23, Up The City! said:

How about s82 don't start with the repetitive songs right from kick off? Totally destroys the atmosphere in the other stands.

Winner!!!

Wish there was a medal icon I could’ve handed out.

28 minutes ago, kivsy said:

@James  or if people don’t want to start singing on their own and look a tit when no one else joins in ! 

How about tweeting section82 any city song suggestions , I’m getting on a bit and remember dooby dooby doo , and if we had shot that was close the east end would shout bbrriissttoll , surely I can’t be the only one to remember that ? 

I remember it....if the opposition score can we start the old classic "you're gonna get your f@cking 'eads kicked in ! " please, all retro like ???

39 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Dooby dooby doo is singly my favourite ever City chant and unique to us yet I never hear it sung these days (perhaps the words are a little difficult to remember?). I loved to hear it belted out at AG mk 1. 

Viva Tom Thumb! Let’s hear it on Saturday please. (Blimey, this sounds like Junior Choice with Stewpot - look it up kids!)

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Dooby dooby doo is singly my favourite ever City chant and unique to us yet I never hear it sung these days (perhaps the words are a little difficult to remember?). I loved to hear it belted out at AG mk 1. 

Viva Tom Thumb! Let’s hear it on Saturday please. (Blimey, this sounds like Junior Choice with Stewpot - look it up kids!)

For you Rudolf , and us other Tom Thumb desciples

30 secs onwards , albeit not the best rendition

@KeepUpLino that’s not Ben (RIP) at the bottom of that video is it fella ?

(Apologies if not - just going by photo of him)

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On second thoughts, best not to type ‘Junior Choice’ on the internet ...

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For you Rudolf , and us other Tom Thumb desciples

30 secs onwards , albeit not the best rendition

Brilliant Bob. Thank you.

This appears to be the Allegeo version whereas I consider it better when sung andante. Perhaps I should conduct it on Saturday from my seat in the Dolman? I’ll have my baton with me ...

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Brilliant Bob. Thank you.

This appears to be the Allegeo version whereas I consider it better when sung andante. Perhaps I should conduct it on Saturday from my seat in the Dolman? I’ll have my baton with me ...

Ham or cheese?

Archived