IGNORED

Let's do our bit - starting with Saturday.

James

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:34, kivsy said:

Would be good to see a sea of flags and two poles , the things a lot of people contributed towards 

keep up the good work , would be good if other people / stands joined in too.  

two poles won't make for much of an atmosphere!!

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

There was one sung along time ago, but for the life of me can't remember the frigging words :help:

It's starts ' as I walking down Stapleton Road singing singing City are the Champions'

I saw or met ???? (not a prostitute:laugh:)

Don Megson lying in the road

I said to him what's up my friend

He said the east end's here again

Singing Singing City are the champions.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:19, JamesBCFC said:

I feel like the OPs post contradict the lyrics of their song.

"Oh sit down, oh sit down, sit down next to me..." 

Some more James songs for the Gate this season:

"Born of Frustration"

(Many Saturdays.....)

"Getting Away With It (All Messed up")

(As above....)

"Seven"

(Scored against Bolton on Saturday?)

"Someone's Got It In For Me" - shortly followed by "Protect Me"

(Solo for LJ if that's what Bolton score.....)

"We're Gonna Miss You"

(After the January window closes.....)

"Top of the World"

(When Korey scored that goal...…)

COYR

5 hours ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Some more James songs for the Gate this season:

"Born of Frustration"

(Many Saturdays.....)

"Getting Away With It (All Messed up")

(As above....)

"Seven"

(Scored against Bolton on Saturday?)

"Someone's Got It In For Me" - shortly followed by "Protect Me"

(Solo for LJ if that's what Bolton score.....)

"We're Gonna Miss You"

(After the January window closes.....)

"Top of the World"

(When Korey scored that goal...…)

COYR

Awesome James knowledge . Probably lost on many !

8 hours ago, kivsy said:

@James  or if people don’t want to start singing on their own and look a tit when no one else joins in ! 

How about tweeting section82 any city song suggestions , I’m getting on a bit and remember dooby dooby doo , and if we had shot that was close the east end would shout bbrriissttoll , surely I can’t be the only one to remember that ? 

I remember starting alot of those 'bbrriisstoll' chants....

From a Dolman (b block) point of view the gate has always been a hotch pot when it comes to noise. Since it first went all seater its always been a stadium which had reacted to what's going on, except for rare times we've always followed not led. I also understand that it might not seem the same from different parts of ground. 

11 hours ago, MC26 said:

It's pretty simple granted, but I actually prefer being a part of that than most others. If a large number of fans around the ground were to join in with that like they do with some of the standard songs, I think it would be far more impressive than the norm. 

That being said, as long as it's not that 'and that's the way we like it' chant that every club in football seems to have adopted, I don't really care what we're singing (to a degree...) as long as it's loud.

But the issue is they simply are not joining in, I sit in S18 so able to get a good perspective of fans in the Lansdown and SS.

The only time fans join in with these repetitive ultra songs is if we are on the attack and then people clap along.

The issue I have is these Ultra songs start even before the game kicks off. Very rarely even get a come on you reds these days before kick off as this la la la ohh song drowns it out.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly has its place but it's place isn't before the game kicks off. It's a filler song when things are a bit boring on the pitch and things are a bit flat.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

But the issue is they simply are not joining in, I sit in S18 so able to get a good perspective of fans in the Lansdown and SS.

The only time fans join in with these repetitive ultra songs is if we are on the attack and then people clap along.

The issue I have is these Ultra songs start even before the game kicks off. Very rarely even get a come on you reds these days before kick off as this la la la ohh song drowns it out.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly has its place but it's place isn't before the game kicks off. It's a filler song when things are a bit boring on the pitch and things are a bit flat.

Well tomorrow I will be looking over to s18 to see you start the atmosphere which will spread around the ground. Also your other post about ruining the atmosphere in the other stands . Behave . You can here the kids farting in the upper lansdown 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well tomorrow I will be looking over to s18 to see you start the atmosphere which will spread around the ground. Also your other post about ruining the atmosphere in the other stands . Behave . You can here the kids farting in the upper lansdown 

I used to be on the EE amongst it all, before that H block Atyeo. 

These days, for me, especially now I attend with children I am quite content sitting down and enjoying the game and enjoying the atmosphere from a distance rather than being amongst it all. During a attack I'm the first to stand up and sing.

What I am saying is as the game is about to kick off the SS will attempt to get a come on you reds going but gets drowned out by one of the ultra songs. 

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I used to be on the EE amongst it all, before that H block Atyeo. 

These days, for me, especially now I attend with children I am quite content sitting down and enjoying the game and enjoying the atmosphere from a distance rather than being amongst it all. During a attack I'm the first to stand up and sing.

What I am saying is as the game is about to kick off the SS will attempt to get a come on you reds going but gets drowned out by one of the ultra songs. 

Fair enough. But for what it’s worth. That isn’t intentionally done. As the noise picks up towards kickoff noise builds. I can honestly say I can’t hear that. But during the game when let’s say come on you reds . Everyone joins in even the ultras ;)

I know it's been discussed before, but do you think it could be time for a chant section of the forum to be set up? HEAR ME OUT!

Past attempts have often been met with sceptical comments such as 'The best songs are the spontaneous ones' and likewise you get people putting suggestions simply because they've heard a song and change one word that is vaguely similar to a players name which also does not work ... to which we get several members of the forum criticising them without offering any constructive criticism, ways to change/improve their suggestion or making any suggestions of their own. 

I do however feel that more fans would join in if there were some creative and catchy songs, as seen by the above responses (peoples lack of willing to join in with the repetitive chants).

I know some song suggestions seem cringey when reading them at first, but I'm sure rather than slating peoples suggestions, if we had a forum page which encouraged song creation, people worked together to create songs and was a medium for showing the lyrics to songs for fans around the stadium then it could well kick off - be a tool to create more atmosphere. Furthermore, if people had a page to show what songs were going to be trialled at the next game then more people would be more willing to try and start new songs going.

My reasoning for feeling we need a chants page is that a lot of the famous songs that other clubs fans sing clearly have been choreographed and are not spontaneous song, and having thousands of fans singing a song like the Xabi Alonso song Liverpool used to sing to the tune of oh-bla-di oh-bla-da that everyone knows the tune to and had been cleverly written makes people more inclined to join in, creates a better atmosphere and it might encourage the less hardcore singing fans to join in.

Personally, I'm not a particularly creative song writer so may be hypocritical, but I'm not a massive fan of a lot of our songs. If together we produced a couple of class songs using the creativity of some of this forum then I'd be a lot more inclined to sing, as would a lot of others on this forum I'd imagine.

I lack the creativity to properly figure out, but always thought the Mick Konstantin - "Taking over France/Stand up for the Boys in Green" song was class when Republic of Ireland got to the Euros in France. Reckon would be class if someone could create a version of the chorus to sing for Callum O'Dowda for our own ROI international .. A catchy and tuneful song that would encourage others to join in

15 minutes ago, City18 said:

I know it's been discussed before, but do you think it could be time for a chant section of the forum to be set up? HEAR ME OUT!

Past attempts have often been met with sceptical comments such as 'The best songs are the spontaneous ones' and likewise you get people putting suggestions simply because they've heard a song and change one word that is vaguely similar to a players name which also does not work ... to which we get several members of the forum criticising them without offering any constructive criticism, ways to change/improve their suggestion or making any suggestions of their own. 

I do however feel that more fans would join in if there were some creative and catchy songs, as seen by the above responses (peoples lack of willing to join in with the repetitive chants).

I know some song suggestions seem cringey when reading them at first, but I'm sure rather than slating peoples suggestions, if we had a forum page which encouraged song creation, people worked together to create songs and was a medium for showing the lyrics to songs for fans around the stadium then it could well kick off - be a tool to create more atmosphere. Furthermore, if people had a page to show what songs were going to be trialled at the next game then more people would be more willing to try and start new songs going.

My reasoning for feeling we need a chants page is that a lot of the famous songs that other clubs fans sing clearly have been choreographed and are not spontaneous song, and having thousands of fans singing a song like the Xabi Alonso song Liverpool used to sing to the tune of oh-bla-di oh-bla-da that everyone knows the tune to and had been cleverly written makes people more inclined to join in, creates a better atmosphere and it might encourage the less hardcore singing fans to join in.

Personally, I'm not a particularly creative song writer so may be hypocritical, but I'm not a massive fan of a lot of our songs. If together we produced a couple of class songs using the creativity of some of this forum then I'd be a lot more inclined to sing, as would a lot of others on this forum I'd imagine.

Have you asked the permission of @Robbored ?

2 minutes ago, City18 said:

I lack the creativity to properly figure out, but always thought the Mick Konstantin - "Taking over France/Stand up for the Boys in Green" song was class when Republic of Ireland got to the Euros in France. Reckon would be class if someone could create a version of the chorus to sing for Callum O'Dowda for our own ROI international .. A catchy and tuneful song that would encourage others to join in

as above ,

please don’t make wild suggestions until they’ve been approved ( @Robbored )

Muchas grassyass

M

Was watching old football over Christmas- i.e. 70's, early 80's on BT Sport, and one thing that struck me is that a lot of the chants were simpler than now- yet very easy to join in.

Watching one game and literally chanting of "4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0". Don't get that now. Or chanting "-Insert Manager Name"- what's the score, "Insert Manager Name" "Insert Manager Name"- what's the score".

I do like creative chants but how different some of those were- spontaneous too yet large sections of the crowd joined in with them.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have you asked the permission of @Robbored ?

as above ,

please don’t make wild suggestions until they’ve been approved ( @Robbored )

Muchas grassyass

M

My point has always been that that songs/chants composed on here are  simply never heard at AG........it’s a complete waste of time and yet budding composers still try..............:fastasleep:

Going back decades way before social media there were many songs/chants that began spontaneously and ended up being repeated at every match so to me that remains the most effective of creating something new.

That said - all seater stadiums don’t help and if City ever return to safe standing then we’d certainly hear some originality then.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point has always been that that songs/chants composed on here are  simply never heard at AG........it’s a complete waste of time and yet budding composers still try..............:fastasleep:

Going back decades way before social media there were many songs/chants that began spontaneously and ended up being repeated at every match so to me that remains the most effective of creating something new.

That said - all seater stadiums don’t help and if City ever return to safe standing then we’d certainly hear some originality then.

Part of the problem I think is that it takes a certain person or a significant number of pre game pints to get up and try and start a new song. Do you not think an allocated and pinned chants page that didn't just gradually drop off to page 2 and then inevitably into the lost depth of previous discussions pages could provide a good place to have a couple of the 'budding composers songs for all to read on show'. Then some of the more ballsy/cider filled fans could try one of these suggestions on match day and see how it goes down on a match day.

I recall someone suggesting the ebaneezer good - shamen suggestion for Mo Eisa a long while back on a previous attempt which was well received, but now Eisa hasn't been playing and that discussion is long gone it's unlikely to be heard. A pinned chants page could prevent this and I'm sure if someone read that before a match day and was feeling ballsy at the game that chant could easily be heard down the gate

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

But yeah, I agree seems pointless if none of them are ever going to be heard .. However, I feel previous discussions have been half hearted attempts and dropped off the discussions first page. Would have to be for proper thought out songs and pinned or a separate forum page like the transfers page and hopefully could become established with a page for each player etc etc

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A vocational troll misunderstands the point of social media, whatta  shock! ?

Archived