IGNORED

Kasey Palmer : CONFIRMED SIGNING

Dolmanator

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very simple minded view here but if he isnt good enough for Blackburn then why are we after him?

Blackburn fans say he is lightweight and goes missing 4 games in every 5. Sounds like Pato.

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to that.  Lots of examples of fans and managers getting it wrong and players then being better at other clubs

Webster good example.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to that.  Lots of examples of fans and managers getting it wrong and players then being better at other clubs

Webster good example.

I agree with this, but then there's always a team that thinks they can change a player back to his best. Think about Diony ?

There are examples on both sides I guess 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Webster good example.

Yep and was being used out wide for them as they have Dack. Dack linked with Tottenham for 15-20m. Also Palmer is a few years younger. Sometimes players fit better in different schemes. He may flop here but imo a position we need to push or displace Paterson. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Webster good example.

I think a lot of Ipswich fans rated Webster, however he was constantly injured there.

Im hoping Palmer falls into the bracket of Bolasie / Robinson who most of us didn’t highly rate but have excelled at their respected clubs since. 

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very simple minded view here but if he isnt good enough for Blackburn then why are we after him?

Blackburn fans say he is lightweight and goes missing 4 games in every 5. Sounds like Pato.

Maybe Blackburn don’t have the quality to get the best out of him. We’ve seen plenty of good players here who haven’t quite cut it.. doesn’t mean they aren’t good players.

29 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Why weren't we after him in the summer? SUrely could've beaten blackburn to him then

Possibly because we were already taking Kalas and DaSilva, now it looks we are buying DaSilva? Apparently we were looking at him as long ago as when we got Tammy

I genuinely don't know how I feel about this one, I mean if he does perform and becomes a must for the team sheet then come the end of the season we'll be losing yet another one of the players who starts for us. 

I've never been a fan of loans for this reason, if you find the right player it's great when you have an option to buy but if you don't you're just giving game time to another teams player, game time that could be invested into improving our own players. 

I guess it is what it is but I was hoping we'd been working on deals that will benefit us more than another team. If he nails down that spot Patto has then come the end of the season we could lose Dasilva, Kalas, Palmer and potentially Kelly, that would be half of our back line and a key position in attack. 

He’s had trouble getting infront of Dack this season, think most would do. But he was very successful with Huddersfield so it could work out, we’re not really spoilt for options in that area so he’ll have plenty of game time to settle in.

Think it’s a good little signing.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I guess it is what it is but I was hoping we'd been working on deals that will benefit us more than another team. If he nails down that spot Patto has then come the end of the season we could lose Dasilva, Kalas, Palmer and potentially Kelly, that would be half of our back line and a key position in attack. 

Just to allay some of those fears. Last night Ashton confirmed that:

• Da Silva - we have an option to buy him at the end of the season. There is a pre agreed  fee already settled with Chelsea but we would have to negotiate his personal terms;
  • Kelly - we put him on a four year contract in the summer and have "no pressure to sell him" and have received "no firm bids".

He was more evasive regarding Kalas which suggest there isn't any pre agreed option there. Who knows what we have in place for Palmer but I would expect there is an option to buy on pre-agreed terms.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I genuinely don't know how I feel about this one, I mean if he does perform and becomes a must for the team sheet then come the end of the season we'll be losing yet another one of the players who starts for us. 

I've never been a fan of loans for this reason, if you find the right player it's great when you have an option to buy but if you don't you're just giving game time to another teams player, game time that could be invested into improving our own players. 

Or, if he develops well here and same could go for Kalas but perhaps less likely in his case, we could get him back next season- Chelsea do have form for re-loaning players if it has been a decent stint and we clearly have a good relationship with them.

@Notbarrymanc More than happy to give him a fair chance and it's one fan only, so perhaps best disregarded. He did well at Huddersfield especially!

Think this would be a ‘make or break’ type loan switch for him after struggling to impress recently. Either he excels and may get a permanent deal here or he flops leaving his next move in the balance. Hope it works well for both parties if true, he definitely showed something at Huddersfield 

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

We have a deal to sign Da Silva.

55 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What injuries has he had?

Ankle ligaments, more than once, and an Achilles injury that happened soon after this article in Nov.17.

Adam Webster has admitted he feared for his future as injury threatened to disrupt his second season at Ipswich, but now believes he’s finally hitting his stride at Portman Road.

Having missed much of the second half of last season after damaging ankle ligaments, Webster feared the worst when he was forced out of the Blues’ Carabao Cup clash with Luton in August with a similar problem.

The defender also missed significant time while at Portsmouth due to ankle trouble, with his latest knock sparking fears he may be labelled as injury-prone.

Archived