IGNORED

Kasey Palmer : CONFIRMED SIGNING

Dolmanator

Another Huddersfield fans view on Palmer

Personally, I loved him and was really happy when we resigned him but his hamstrings wouldn't allow him to train the way DW wanted so he went back to Chelsea. I don't know what's happened since to stop him being a regular in the sides he's been loaned to cos he looked perfect for a #10, could pass, could finish, got stuck in and he seemed a good lad too.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Played well against us for Blackburn. He is still very young, just turned 22. Good player but not the 9 and a half Johnson was talking about. Maybe there is another signing coming in. Our squad is getting a bit big now so surely we are selling a couple at least.

That game they played 442 for the first time because Dack was missing, playing Armstrong and Graham up top, Palmer on the left. It was Palmer who hit the post when we were 1-0 down when Kelly and Maenpaa got caught waiting for each other to go for the bell. 

Palmer best fits the central AM role with licence to roam and hit the box. Pato likes to play on the periphery.  Dack who is playing so well had restricted Palmer’s opportunities. Palmer can play wide too  he is not a no10, nor is Pato being asked to play like one either, he isn’t given free reign!

For me this is the type of midfielder who fits 4141/4411, whilst providing work rate, but he’ll also get into the box into the end of crosses. 

Whether he delivers or not who knows. But he has the right attributes and style to fit our current system. 

50 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

According to Wilki., Palmer is out of contract at the end of this season and so, if all goes well, and it suits all parties he could be signed on permanently in the summer. Compensation would be due to Chelsea because he is under 24 and, for all we know, a fee may well have already been agreed.

I think he got a new contract to 2021 a year or so ago.

Makes sense about @knighty's mate going up to Blackburn now.

Will give Palmer a chance of course, but would have preferred someone with a point to prove coming in. He s Hardly pulled up any trees in his loans at Derby and Blackburn; and is under a no doubt good contract from Chelsea for the next 2 years.

Hopefully he'll turn into the loan Tomlin; rather than the one after we signed him.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. And no wonder a lot of Blackburn fans don't rate him when he's competed against Dack for that position. I'd be more excited if it's a permanent deal. Let's hope it is. He can improve a lot at his age. Already looks quick, strong and technically very good. 

I would like to think that he’ll produce more than Pato in terms of goals and assists but also better fit to style too. Here’s hoping!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. And no wonder a lot of Blackburn fans don't rate him when he's competed against Dack for that position. I'd be more excited if it's a permanent deal. Let's hope it is. He can improve a lot at his age. Already looks quick, strong and technically very good. 

Almost no way it is imo - until Chelsea get sanctioned for their ridiculous glut of loanees, they'll hold onto as many players as they can.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's not what I said in the slightest, so don't twist what I said.

Sane wasn't booed because of his race at all, as has already been said, it's done to many players who take corners/throw ins in front of the South Stand/Dolman corner.

So the humour was in seeing Man City trying to claim something as a racist gesture when it very clearly wasn't.

So you think unfounded racist gestures are funny? This is getting worse and worse. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Played well against us for Blackburn. He is still very young, just turned 22. Good player but not the 9 and a half Johnson was talking about. Maybe there is another signing coming in. Our squad is getting a bit big now so surely we are selling a couple at least.

I think you will find that , that’s exactly how LJ sees him

Hes good technically and I’d suggest is Lees resolution for that ‘magic dust’

When I’ve seen him he hasn’t influenced games but he’s different to most we’ve got and hopefully may find a purple patch here

Mix of views on the Blackburn forum about him. Some positive, some negative. Don't forget he was competing against Dack for position and fans popularity (in the main I expect) so was always going to find it challenging. 

Fact is he may fit in better with the lads here/style of Football/tactics/training and general social fit and may kick on and do better than he has at Blackburn. I wouldn't write him off just because of some comments from some fans there. 

If this rumour is true, then welcome Palmer and good luck.

Also, it's good that we're getting someone with Championship experience from a number of clubs at the top end of the table during his time. Gives us more options in attack which we've definately been crying out for.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Mix of views on the Blackburn forum about him. Some positive, some negative. Don't forget he was competing against Dack for position and fans popularity (in the main I expect) so was always going to find it challenging. 

Fact is he may fit in better with the lads here/style of Football/tactics/training and general social fit and may kick on and do better than he has at Blackburn. I wouldn't write him off just because of some comments from some fans there. 

If this rumour is true, then welcome Palmer and good luck.

Completly agree with Kalas and Da Silva here he’ll fit in well and style of play fits him perfectly. It was always going to be hard competing with Dack. Blackburn fans love for Dack meant if he was ever dropped for Palmer there would instantly be negativity. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Thought you were talking about Palmer!

I wasn't talking about anyone - you were talking about Webster.

'Lots of examples of fans and managers getting it wrong and players then being better at other clubs

Webster good example.'

I was simply pointing out he's a poor example for you to use to back up your comment above because he was very highly rated at Ipswich by both manager and fans. 

None of them 'got it wrong'  but his career there was blighted by a series of fairly serious injuries.

Hence the relatively small fee, and very substantial add ons.

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wasn't talking about anyone - you were talking about Webster.

'Lots of examples of fans and managers getting it wrong and players then being better at other clubs

Webster good example.'

I was simply pointing out he's a poor example for you to use to back up your comment above because he was very highly rated at Ipswich by both manager and fans. 

None of them 'got it wrong'  but his career there was blighted by a series of fairly serious injuries.

Hence the relatively small fee, and very substantial add ons.

I don’t think he was that highly rated. Whether he was or wasn’t though the point stands that you cannot take fans opinions of players as trustworthy

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Apart from Wright , Hunt, Maenpaa and Taylor , who have we got who winds the opponents up ?

Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us!?

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So Williams I read was a liability and red card waiting to happen, and this one is lazy and watches the games go by.

think I’ll avoid other teams forums from now on ?

I’ve generally found other teams forums to be a decent gauge of a player. If there happy to see the back of a player it’s unlikely that player will pull up trees at another club. I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong in this case though. 

24 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I’ve generally found other teams forums to be a decent gauge of a player. If there happy to see the back of a player it’s unlikely that player will pull up trees at another club. I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong in this case though. 

You only have to look on this forum to see the disparity in opinions on our players to realise that other forums are not an objective guide and there are always those with some sort of axe to grind or don't know their arse from their elbow. Couple that with the possibility that the player in question is being played out of position or in a poor team and it really isn't objective opinion.

It's not a signing I expected but he does seem suited to a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-1 in a central role and we'll soon find out if he's up to it.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I genuinely don't know how I feel about this one, I mean if he does perform and becomes a must for the team sheet then come the end of the season we'll be losing yet another one of the players who starts for us. 

I've never been a fan of loans for this reason, if you find the right player it's great when you have an option to buy but if you don't you're just giving game time to another teams player, game time that could be invested into improving our own players. 

I guess it is what it is but I was hoping we'd been working on deals that will benefit us more than another team. If he nails down that spot Patto has then come the end of the season we could lose Dasilva, Kalas, Palmer and potentially Kelly, that would be half of our back line and a key position in attack. 

That works both ways though. What about all our loans that are out getting experience? We want them to get game time at a lower level and improve them for us, and I doubt any have any pre agreed fees to move (maybe wrong). If nobody else we have are as good as the loan(s) people would moan we have put someone in the side who isn't good enough yet and should be out on loan!

54 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Football forums reflect life in general in my experience; some people are right, some people are wrong and some people are very, very wrong. I think if Palmer is being seen as the final piece of a jigsaw, that's a big risk to take if promotion is an aim this season. However, if he's seen as a talented young player who, if given a fresh start could be a great addition. Think about Danny Rose; I wouldn't have recommended him as a pot wash after he was with us, a couple of years later he's playing for England. If Palmer was 27 and getting mixed reviews I'd think that was probably that. But at 22 and having done well before, I reckon he's a good gamble

Archived