IGNORED

Kasey Palmer : CONFIRMED SIGNING

Dolmanator

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

I don’t think he was that highly rated. Whether he was or wasn’t though the point stands that you cannot take fans opinions of players as trustworthy

• Bigdoggsteel
  • Members
  •  
  • 8,917 posts

If Palmer is as good as some make out, why is he only going to Bristol city on loan? 

Er............................................because we're better than you ?

7 hours ago, Spike said:

I didn't know that about Dasilva but I suppose that's a little comfort, however with Kelly if a club like Liverpool come knocking it's not a case of we don't need to sell him, it's more a case of how would we keep him happy having said no? If the Liverpool rumours of interest are true then I think it'll just be a case of finding a fee that we can agree on because who could begrudge the lad a move to a top 4 club in the Premiership. 

If Palmer has a pre-agreement and he can fit into our wages then there is no harm in this, but knowing Chelsea I can imagine that signing Dasilva or Palmer is not going to be a small chip in our wage bill. 

Agree with that.

I think the challenge the club would face with Lloyd if an offer came in from a top 6 PL side is that he may want to go.

I get all the arguments about he needs more time at this level, he is young etc etc........

But, the chance may not come again and I would not blame him if he wished to move on.

7 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Booked at the garden centre for pruning.

30 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Agree with that.

I think the challenge the club would face with Lloyd if an offer came in from a top 6 PL side is that he may want to go.

I'd say...................tough, we don't always get what we want, you're under contract.

(at the risk of sounding like H E's "Self-righteous Brothers ":laugh:)

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This Tweet doesn't augur well and would be especially ironic given what MA said about character etc.

It's just one opinion on Twitter so not especially concerned- let's hope he had an offday or something.

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very simple minded view here but if he isnt good enough for Blackburn then why are we after him?

Blackburn fans say he is lightweight and goes missing 4 games in every 5. Sounds like Pato.

These opinions were exactly mine (in summary) of when Danny Rose was here.

And.

We all know what happened when he went back to Spurs (and England)....

Lots of different factors at play for each player at any given moment in time.

He looks talented and more importantly, unpredictable, which must have attracted LJ.

(& we all know what a soft spot LJ has for this type of player, Tomlin for example).

Personally, I'd take a chance, who knows he may be the next Jacki...........

12 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

I just hope he is not Lazy if he is coming 

Apparently very good on the ball 

Loves the step over, but can not cross and can not shoot?

I thought we were only going to get players who were better than ours

Derby fans were right about Weimann (Works hard, but does not score)

Bicester *** has spoken...... Why do the backroom staff spend all their time watching and studying a player when they have this amount of knowledge at their fingertips?  Which games this season did he least impress you in? It can't have been the one at Ashton Gate because you don't go there anymore at your own admission, so when was it?

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A reasonable indication, but Johnson has followed other players and we’ve not signed them. I do like the look of this deal.

Looking forward to this signing as well. Very good for Huddersfield and seems to be playing out of position for Blackburn. Let's hope he can give us that sparkle LJ was talking about

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A reasonable indication, but Johnson has followed other players and we’ve not signed them. I do like the look of this deal.

It was meant with a bit of tongue and cheek. Just thought it was interesting that he followed him. Can’t see a reason as to why? I do, if he’s played in the right role and is prepared to put a shift in and can contribute with a few goals then I’m happy with it.

11 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

These opinions were exactly mine (in summary) of when Danny Rose was here.

And.

We all know what happened when he went back to Spurs (and England)....

Lots of different factors at play for each player at any given moment in time.

He looks talented and more importantly, unpredictable, which must have attracted LJ.

(& we all know what a soft spot LJ has for this type of player, Tomlin for example).

One decent game in 5 sounds very muck like Jacki. While a little harsh perhaps why do so many City supporters view Jacki through rose tinted glasses? As skilful as he could be his best years were at Celtic and he had as many poor games as good ones in a City shirt. 

Hopefully, if he arrives, he will not be the next Jacki, but the first Kasey Palmer. 

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Bicester *** has spoken...... Why do the backroom staff spend all their time watching and studying a player when they have this amount of knowledge at their fingertips?  Which games this season did he least impress you in? It can't have been the one at Ashton Gate because you don't go there anymore at your own admission, so when was it?

Just saying, what has been said

I hope the Blackburn fans are wrong and he just did not want to play for them (Even though that would be wrong. Paid a wage)

Watch this space?

I hope the Blackburn fans are wrong

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

why do so many City supporters view Jacki through rose tinted glasses?

Interesting discussion point, and maybe not for here and now.

But.

For me. (My first game was Glos Cup 5-0 victory over the gas when I was 12 years old).

I've seen a lot of good players and team performances, also a lot of dissapointments, too many tbh....

If you ask me about the highlights:

Obviously my first game, promotion, Gerry Gow, Wembley victories, the old East End atmosphere and a 0-1 win at Carlisle,

however a few magic moments from Jacki in the mud on a February night, just stand out and will probably be mentioned at my funeral.

Maybe it was the times, politics or just where I was with my life .....

Football was different in those days, less about statistics and more about emotion.

7 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I think he got a new contract to 2021 a year or so ago.

Makes sense about @knighty's mate going up to Blackburn now.

Will give Palmer a chance of course, but would have preferred someone with a point to prove coming in. He s Hardly pulled up any trees in his loans at Derby and Blackburn; and is under a no doubt good contract from Chelsea for the next 2 years.

Hopefully he'll turn into the loan Tomlin; rather than the one after we signed him.

Derby fans seemed to rate him 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29707-kasey-palmer-signed-for-blackburn-on-loan/

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Just saying, what has been said

I hope the Blackburn fans are wrong and he just did not want to play for them (Even though that would be wrong. Paid a wage)

Watch this space?

I hope the Blackburn fans are wrong

At Ashton Gate, Blackburn fans sang "Bristol's a shithole, I wanna go home", thus I question their opinion.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

One decent game in 5 sounds very muck like Jacki. While a little harsh perhaps why do so many City supporters view Jacki through rose tinted glasses? As skilful as he could be his best years were at Celtic and he had as many poor games as good ones in a City shirt. 

Hopefully, if he arrives, he will not be the next Jacki, but the first Kasey Palmer. 

Totally agree with you about jacki.very inconsistent for us

3 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Or the next Diony or that eminently forgettable puff wheat from Liverpool.

2 hours ago, smokey live said:

Johnson has had an interest in this player for a long time. I think he will be a good signing.

History and law of averages suggests otherwise but we live in hope, always 

22 minutes ago, Evocare said:

We've been crying out for this type of player since Bobby left.

if Johnson & Chelsea think we can get some goals out of him and improve his game  as we did Reid it could be a special signing. 

Could he be the new Bobby and play upfront? Seems to have the strength for it

Archived