IGNORED

Kasey Palmer : CONFIRMED SIGNING

Dolmanator

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I remember when Marvin Brown became an absolute legend for us a 00-01 Championship management game. And what was the other young striker in the 90s or early 2000s? Scored goals for fun in the youth team and reserves, seemed nailed on to be a first team starter and then never made it and ended up playing local non-league football. I feel his first name may have started with a D perhaps...

Dominic barclay

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Ahh artus, the one fans used to hound johnson about not giving youth a chance, the one who was better then Marv and Johnson in midfield,

the one who turned out to be no where near football league status,

sometimes you just have to trust the club

It was a failure of the club though - not Artus himself but the fact that we went so long without bringing a youth player through to being a first team regular. It's one the club have more than rectified now but am I right in thinking there was no youth player who played a significant number of games between Lita in around 2003 and Bryan in around 2012 or 2013?

Wilson played a bit and Ribeiro was unlucky with injuries but it was shockingly poor. I'm so glad we've turned it around. 

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

From what I have seen he has had mixed reviews from Blackburn fans where he was played out of position and good reviews from Huddersfield where he played in the role we need him for.

Of course, surprise, surprise, you decided to focus on the negative reviews.

You won't have to watch him anyway though, and of course if he is really bad you may get your wish of a run of losses and a Manager sacking.

Having watched 2 or 3 videos of him, it is obvious that he is technically gifted and has excellent passing ability.  Then it all comes down to attitude  and confidence.  Given the right role and a little extra coaching.........I believe he could be a real gem.  Hope I'm right?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Behind Frank Lampard's Derby? :whistle2:

Maybe we could get him on another season long loan if things continue to go well here and with them- they have loaned him to Middlesbrough for successive seasons and the same with Fulham. One more year of loan here for Kalas, sign Da Silva permanent then Chelsea can sell Kalas to whoever.

The £10m thing I've heard too and I doubt his value has plummeted here.

Think Kalas more likely to be playing for Frank Lampard's Derby County next season, whichever division they're in.

Love to be wrong - would be a fantastic permanent signing for us.

As for Palmer, agree with the poster's wondering about his desire. Wasn't impressed by the effort he showed for Blackburn at the Gate - OK he might have been playing out of position on the left hand side but that's no excuse. We don't want another Diony - a decent player whose head isn't in the right place.  

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Wtf 

Quite.

3 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Could be a good fit for us, I remember him being fantastic for Huddersfield during their promotion season playing centrally. It doesn’t sound like he’s been great for Blackburn but I think he’s mostly been playing out wide for them whereas for us I’d imagine he’d be battling it out with Patterson for the attacking midfield role. If we get him back to his Huddersfield form he’s 100% an improvement on what we’ve got but even if not hopefully the competition will make Patterson up his game.

I was thinking that it's a role that requires great stamina, what were the figures for Bobby last season, something 13km a game or something ridiculous? I don't think there are many players that could match that for 90 minutes, game in game out, but 70 minutes of Palmer, 20 minutes of Pato and vice versa, you might get the same effect. Maybe I have watched that Moneyball film too many times though? :) 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

What makes you think it's half that? Wasn't Kalas valued 10m alone by Chelsea in the summer? 

It does seem like us and Chelsea are best pals at the moment tho... 

Are they looking for a left back/left sided defender? :whistle:

41 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It was a failure of the club though - not Artus himself but the fact that we went so long without bringing a youth player through to being a first team regular. It's one the club have more than rectified now but am I right in thinking there was no youth player who played a significant number of games between Lita in around 2003 and Bryan in around 2012 or 2013?

Wilson played a bit and Ribeiro was unlucky with injuries but it was shockingly poor. I'm so glad we've turned it around. 

How is it a failure of the club, should we play players who aren’t good enough simply to appease fans? 

If you’re  good enough you’re old enough

and during your stipulated time period non of the players coming through were even close to being good enough,

it took the much ridiculed 5 pilers millions of investment and something people lacked patience for us to see players coming through 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

How is it a failure of the club, should we play players who aren’t good enough simply to appease fans? 

If you’re  good enough you’re old enough

and during your stipulated time period non of the players coming through were even close to being good enough,

it took the much ridiculed 5 pilers millions of investment and something people lacked patience for us to see players coming through 

It was a failure of the club that we went that long without producing good enough players. No club should go through a decade without producing a single youth player of quality and that is clearly a failure. As you say, the club recognised this and brought in the five pillars. Which was ridiculed at the time but, if you check back on them now, every single one of them has been successfully met, which is much to the club's credit. But it does not change the fact that, from 2000 to 2011, we badly neglected the structure behind the scenes and had to do a lot of work playing catch-up. 

“Kasey is a very good player who can play through the middle and out wide" - the dreaded words from LJ

This looks a brilliant signing. Well done to MA but please let's not see a talented footballer either warming the bench for months or being played out wide, we've got enough out wide people. The stats prove that a relatively small percentage of goals come from crosses out wide.

Can Bristol City please play him in a creative role in the middle

Archived