IGNORED

Kasey Palmer : CONFIRMED SIGNING

Dolmanator

6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Which means he'll play out of (his favoured) position as Pato isnt going to get dropped, I seriously hope we get to see Palmer in for Pato, just cabt see it though unfortunately.

LJ brought in Weimann who supposedly had under-achieved through playing out of his favourite position. He's now back to playing out wide, stopped scoring and performing how Derby fans said he would.

Kasey again is said to have suffered at Blackburn when played wide.

Pato is undroppable so guess where Kasey will be playing (if not on the bench) within a few weeks.....

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Palmer will start on Saturday, but I think he is mainly in competition with Paterson for that attacking midfield role. He will probably rotate it quite a bit game by game. The only one I don't see LJ dropping is Brownhill. He is our most important midfielder imo

Fair point JD, but the reason for recruiting players at this stage of the season is that they should be better than your existing personnel in the same position.

32 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

LJ brought in Weimann who supposedly had under-achieved through playing out of his favourite position. He's now back to playing out wide, stopped scoring and performing how Derby fans said he would.

He's playing out wide because he stopped scoring, not the other way around.

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Palmer will start on Saturday, but I think he is mainly in competition with Paterson for that attacking midfield role. He will probably rotate it quite a bit game by game. The only one I don't see LJ dropping is Brownhill. He is our most important midfielder imo

I think Pato will start Saturday and KP comes on for him when we are comfortable at 3-0 up on 65 minutes.... I hope a message gets through to Paterson he can and will get dropped, as there is someone here for his position.

48 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Which means he'll play out of (his favoured) position as Pato isnt going to get dropped, I seriously hope we get to see Palmer in for Pato, just cabt see it though unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Can't wait for the meltdown on here when Paterson starts on Saturday. 

39 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

As I have said elsewhere in the last day, it's a squad game and this is strengthening our squad in area that needed to be strengthened. It's a role that requires fresh legs and fresh minds, so I expect them to share the duties possibly every game, 65 minutes to 25 minutes on a vice versa basis. I think it would be a bit unfair on Patterson to drop him after a 9 game unbeaten run, which, like it or not he has been a key part of. People have questioned Pato's stamina even when he was playing well, and he is certainly no Reid when it comes to all action displays. It will be good for the Management to be able to say to him, "give us an hour or so and then we will bring on Casey" and vice versa.

Bottom line - with Walsh and Smith out injured cover in midfield is needed in case Brownhill or Pack get injured or suspended.

Only the inexperienced Morrell was available and I doubt LJ would want to expose him to a run of Championship games.

Its simple common sense for LJ to sign a midfielder.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Do we have an option to buy our is this just a 6 month and move on loan? 

Nothing agreed, but it does appear that discussions were had.  Probably one where Chelsea don’t want to commit to agreeing a price just yet (guess).

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Liked by a Bobby Reid I noticed.

Yep, Tammy and Bobby get on well, and Tammy and Kacey obviously mates through Chelsea.

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

He's playing out wide because he stopped scoring, not the other way around.

Agree, if Weimann was scoring relatively regularly, he would be playing / splitting time with Fam.

59 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I think Pato will start Saturday and KP comes on for him when we are comfortable at 3-0 up on 65 minutes.... I hope a message gets through to Paterson he can and will get dropped, as there is someone here for his position.

...and Pato has a hat-trick ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - with Walsh and Smith out injured cover in midfield is needed in case Brownhill or Pack get injured or suspended.

Only the inexperienced Morrell was available and I doubt LJ would want to expose him to a run of Championship games.

Its simple common sense for LJ to sign a midfielder.

He’s not likely to step in for Pack or Brownhill. He wants to play in an attacking position - cover for/replacement for Paterson.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nothing agreed, but it does appear that discussions were had.  Probably one where Chelsea don’t want to commit to agreeing a price just yet (guess).

Yep, Tammy and Bobby get on well, and Tammy and Kacey obviously mates through Chelsea.

Agree, if Weimann was scoring relatively regularly, he would be playing / splitting time with Fam.

...and Pato has a hat-trick ?

I certainly won't complain at that!

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

He’s not likely to step in for Pack or Brownhill. He wants to play in an attacking position - cover for/replacement for Paterson.

I didn’t  the say he was signed to replace either  Brownhill or Pack - cover more like.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not true....Weimann was moved out wide in our 7th game of the season vs Sheffield Utd - he’d notched 5 goals at that point...

You sure?  That was the game we matched their 352, and he partnered Fam....might’ve moved wide when we switched formation later?

Archived