IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Stoke [Telegraph]

BessexRED

17 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

John Percy saying Johnson’s a serious candidate and has admirers on the Stoke board.

McInnes and Moyes also in the running. How about they take Johnson, we bring Moyes home... everyone’s a winner.

Moyes really?  I’m not an LJ lover but Moyes is way past his best, if he ever had a best, got Preston promoted once, and treaded water at Everton for years

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Moyes really?  I’m not an LJ lover but Moyes is way past his best, if he ever had a best, got Preston promoted once, and treaded water at Everton for years

I mean his Everton performance was very good considering to what they were when he took over,  but since it just seems to be an indication football has moved on from his style of management.

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

“Treaded water” at Everton are you on a wind up? 

I’d love Moyes here, think he’s nailed on for Stoke though.

Just now, BessexRED said:

“Treaded water” at Everton are you on a wind up? 

I’d love Moyes here, think he’s nailed on for Stoke though.

What did he do at Everton really?  He was there 11 years!  He Didn’t win anything, got a few top 4’s, big deal, under achieved IMO.  His last success was Preston promoted nearly 20 years ago

Definitely not a sideways move. Taking over from a hated manager, stock of the team is very low, squad full of quality, only way is up for anyone taking them on.

They can also afford to pay very good wages and have chute payments for 2 more seasons. I think if they come calling with the right deal he will go.

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

What did he do at Everton really?  He was there 11 years!  He Didn’t win anything, got a few top 4’s, big deal, under achieved IMO.  His last success was Preston promoted nearly 20 years ago

“A few top 4s, big deal” jesus wept...

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Everton were lingering just above the relegation spots before he took over, given the amount he spent for the majority of his time there he did a great job having them consistently top half and fighting for european spots.

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Got one top 4, however think he had an impressive body of work there over his 11 years! Lost to a very good Villarreal side however, possibly unlucky to draw them.

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Actually got in Champs League qualifying once and bombed out, he underachieved at such a big club IMO

Taking a club from relegation fights to European contention is underachieving?

Everton have hardly matched their time under him since. Certainly not with any consistency.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Definitely not a sideways move. Taking over from a hated manager, stock of the team is very low, squad full of quality, only way is up for anyone taking them on.

They can also afford to pay very good wages and have chute payments for 2 more seasons. I think if they come calling with the right deal he will go.

I hope you're wrong... but it's a persuasive argument.

On the other hand, he's got a good set-up here, a connection to the club, an accademy that's working well and exciting players coming through. And a degree of security that he wouldn't have at Stoke:

Bristol City - 11th - Manager secure.

Stoke - 14th - Manager sacked.

I'm crossing my fingers we see a statement in the next day or two in which he says he's sticking here.

Everton league positions

15th
17th
14th
13th
16th
15th

--Moyes takes over--

7th
17th
4th
11th
6th
5th
5th
8th
7th
7th 
6th
5th.

Nah he did a terrible job there.... Don't want him here but you can't say he did badly at Everton

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Actually got in Champs League qualifying once and bombed out, he underachieved at such a big club IMO

Who was he up against all those years at Everton, and do you not consider that they were perhaps bigger and with much more resources than Everton ?

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That's very funny. 

He frequently had a tiny budget and took Everton from relegation wilderness to a comfortable top half team. They're still "a big club" because he saved them.

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Absolutely. And to prove your point, ever since he's left Everton have been consistently finishing in the top 6 and challenging for the top 4. Oh, wait. 

How anybody can say that his time at Everton wasn't a success is beyond me. 

I'd certainly welcome a manager of his calibre with open arms the next time we have a vacancy.  

3 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I hope you're wrong... but it's a persuasive argument.

On the other hand, he's got a good set-up here, a connection to the club, an accademy that's working well and exciting players coming through. And a degree of security that he wouldn't have at Stoke:

Bristol City - 11th - Manager with a  young squad and mid championship budget secure.

Stoke - 14th - Manager with a Premiership squad and parachute payments sacked.

I'm crossing my fingers we see a statement in the next day or two in which he says he's sticking here.

Just to be fair

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Got one top 4, however think he had an impressive body of work there over his 11 years! Lost to a very good Villarreal side however, possibly unlucky to draw them.

Same team that got to the Semis the following year? (Might have even been that same year actually)

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just to be fair

Yep - quite possible he'll go. I can see the arguments for that.

All I'm saying is there are real arguments for him to stay. And that I hope he does!

Seems like only yesterday there was a thread saying LJ never gets linked with "better" jobs.... oh wait - it was yesterday!

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Everton league positions

15th
17th
14th
13th
16th
15th

--Moyes takes over--

7th
17th
4th
11th
6th
5th
5th
8th
7th
7th 
6th
5th.

Nah he did a terrible job there.... Don't want him here but you can't say he did badly at Everton

Everton are a huge club, he won nothing in 11 years, not even a league cup, 1 top 4 finish in 11 years, is that success for a club that big?  It might be for us but no way is that good enough for Everton.  They may have been worse before he came in and worse after, but so what, doesn’t mean he was some kind of genius.  The game is gone if we celebrate mediocrity like that.  

13 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Absolutely. And to prove your point, ever since he's left Everton have been consistently finishing in the top 6 and challenging for the top 4. Oh, wait. 

How anybody can say that his time at Everton wasn't a success is beyond me. 

I'd certainly welcome a manager of his calibre with open arms the next time we have a vacancy.  

The calibre of a manager who has won nothing apart from League 1 promotion (so long ago it probably wasn’t called League 1 then) in his whole time as manager?  Crazy talk

16 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Everton are a huge club, he won nothing in 11 years, not even a league cup, 1 top 4 finish in 11 years, is that success for a club that big?  It might be for us but no way is that good enough for Everton.  They may have been worse before he came in and worse after, but so what, doesn’t mean he was some kind of genius.  The game is gone if we celebrate mediocrity like that.  

Sorry mate but you're talking absolute nonsense in this thread.

Big club yes. Poor achievements there by Moyes? Absolutely not.

Archived