IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Stoke [Telegraph]

BessexRED

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

If Johnson goes to stoke it would be a massive slap in the face to SL after all the loyalty lansdown has shown him. 

Also, how stupid would he have to be to go to a club that he knows would sack him if he is losing games and underachieving after 8 months or so?

Not to mention those lovable fans who like a little sing-song from time to time "Your football is (not very good) your football is  " etc etc

Johnson to Stoke is non-starter from any angle you care to look at it.

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

John Percy saying Johnson’s a serious candidate and has admirers on the Stoke board.

McInnes and Moyes also in the running. How about they take Johnson, we bring Moyes home... everyone’s a winner.

:pray:

6 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Definitely not a sideways move. Taking over from a hated manager, stock of the team is very low, squad full of quality, only way is up for anyone taking them on.

They can also afford to pay very good wages and have chute payments for 2 more seasons. I think if they come calling with the right deal he will go.

There is more chance of you and I being the new management team at Stoke than LJ.

Firstly I would not think for a second he would be interested - they may offer him more £ but I doubt that would influence him and even if they did  SL would match it.

The job will go to someone like Moyes who will stabilise them and hopefully - in their eyes - make them challengers next season , if they don't he will be gone too.

LJ has the perfect job here, at least for the moment - an owner who is a personal friend and no 'real' pressure unless we are flirting with relegation.

That could change if the owner is looking for year on year progress, if he is, then he is going to have to 'go' for it at some point and then the pressure could build.

Also, lets be factual here, LJ has been in charge of slightly over 300 games, so not inexperienced, but has achieved zero, unless you count avoiding relegation.

That is not a CV that is going to attract a club desperate to get back to the PL - they tried that with Rowett and he has departed, they wont try the same approach again.

40 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Lj never going to risk his career at Stoke. He is far from prepared for a job of that complexity, and knows he would be daft to jump ship from his safe job at City. One day maybe, when he has achieved something, but never now. He is still learning his job. (much as I would be happy for him to leave, but as I say, he is not that stupid) 

Plus he couldnt handle the big star names at Stoke

38 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Lj never going to risk his career at Stoke. He is far from prepared for a job of that complexity, and knows he would be daft to jump ship from his safe job at City. One day maybe, when he has achieved something, but never now. He is still learning his job. (much as I would be happy for him to leave, but as I say, he is not that stupid) 

Funny how from time to time he gets associated with moves, as others see his quality and potential.

And our fans think he can't handle big names...based on what? Inside info...fly on a changing room wall? Or talk from a fans forum?

Think we do him a disservice on this forum sometimes.

He's following the Clubs remit...which compared to other Clubs is different in many ways.

Give him free hand and more money....who knows.

People talk of other managers that could do better...but how many of them have worked under SL's remit?

Well as we illegally tapped up Lousy Pint before he first went there perhaps it's Stoke payback for us fronting his scumbag claims that showed them in very poor light when the dirty washing was aired? (And before any of you query that fact, it's a matter of High Court record....)

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What did he do at Everton really?  He was there 11 years!  He Didn’t win anything, got a few top 4’s, big deal, under achieved IMO.  His last success was Preston promoted nearly 20 years ago

You don’t think finishing in the top 4 of the premier league more than once is a decent achievement when he wasn’t at one of the so-called big six clubs? 

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Would people really want Moyes if he weren't former City? Really seems like a manager on the way down and the game now passing him by so surprising to keep reading people would want him here. 

13 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

What? With Dopey Darrel out of work? I wouldn't be so sure....

Well lets hope it doesn't happen, I dont want Lee to leave 

Looks like Nathan  Jones has got the Stoke gig,  this is good as hes been gone too long.

11 hours ago, BessexRED said:

John Percy saying Johnson’s a serious candidate and has admirers on the Stoke board.

McInnes and Moyes also in the running. How about they take Johnson, we bring Moyes home... everyone’s a winner.

Gave you a chicken like to help complete your set, not because I think you're a feathered farmyard animal. ?

11 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Has Johnson put himself up as a candidate or are Stoke press etc saying that Johnson is a serious candidate on the basis of not applying and not being approached? They are a deluded bunch!!

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Definitely not a sideways move. Taking over from a hated manager, stock of the team is very low, squad full of quality, only way is up for anyone taking them on.

They can also afford to pay very good wages and have chute payments for 2 more seasons. I think if they come calling with the right deal he will go.

Really cannot see him leaving, not unless the Prem comes calling.........and that is extremely unlikely.  Great relationship with SL and he is happy.  Not gonna happen IMHO.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t think finishing in the top 4 of the premier league more than once is a decent achievement when he wasn’t at one of the so-called big six clubs? 

He got champions league once in 11 years, won absolutely nothing in 11 years, so no I don’t really.  If he’d kept a smaller club like us in that position then yes, great achievement, but at that time there weren’t the so called big six clubs, it was Man Utd and Arsenal, also Everton are a big club, 9 league wins, 5 FA Cups, European Cup win in the 80’s which was a double by the way with League, and when Moyes took over they had actually won the league more recently than Man Utd had when Fergie took over and more recently than Liverpool had when Klopp took over, just to give some context.  Anyway if others think he’s done well that’s up to you

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

He got champions league once in 11 years, won absolutely nothing in 11 years, so no I don’t really.  If he’d kept a smaller club like us in that position then yes, great achievement, but at that time there weren’t the so called big six clubs, it was Man Utd and Arsenal, also Everton are a big club, 9 league wins, 5 FA Cups, European Cup win in the 80’s which was a double by the way with League, and when Moyes took over they had actually won the league more recently than Man Utd had when Fergie took over and more recently than Liverpool had when Klopp took over, just to give some context.  Anyway if others think he’s done well that’s up to you

Well you posted he “got a few top 4” finishes with Everton - now you say one top four finish - do you know which is correct?

And Everton have never won the European Cup as you say above...perhaps you misread their Wiki page.

Not sure how comparing Everton, when Moyes took over, with Man Utd and Liverpool, when they recruited Fergie and Klopp, is relevant? And, as you say, “just to give some context” - Moyes won as much at Everton as Klopp has so far won at Liverpool...wonder which club had the greater resources and budgets?

David Moyes did a great job as Everton boss...

Archived