IGNORED

Ryder Cup 2020

phantom

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yeah but he is just a meat head. Gets it right a few times but other than that hits it wildly. Bit of a knob IMHO

Did make me laugh that he gave it the big build-up on the first tee, whipping the crowd up, before promptly stuffing his tee shot wildly left into the rough and it hitting a spectator on the leg in the process.

2 minutes ago, Paul G said:

If anyone else is interested maybe we could get an OTIB golf society going?

Would love too but simply don’t have the time. Hopefully Next year I can start playing properly again. If one gets started I might be able to join then.

Playing in a casual pro am tournament next week and on my team is a pro who has played in the British Open. I’ve played one round in 18 months…it’s going to be embarrassing!! 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Would love too but simply don’t have the time. Hopefully Next year I can start playing properly again. If one gets started I might be able to join then.

Playing in a casual pro am tournament next week and on my team is a pro who has played in the British Open. I’ve played one round in 18 months…it’s going to be embarrassing!! 

Societies are not about how good you are, it's the social side hence the name which makes it fun.

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The last few Ryder Cups have been totally underwhelming, easily won by the home team.

Americans hold it on long courses for their big hitters and Europe on tighter more skilful courses. 

It's gonna rapidly lose its relevance unless an away team wins soon

Europe won in America not that long ago. 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

The last few Ryder Cups have been totally underwhelming, easily won by the home team.

Americans hold it on long courses for their big hitters and Europe on tighter more skilful courses. 

It's gonna rapidly lose its relevance unless an away team wins soon

Sounds a bit like Test Cricket