IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January

MelksRed

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The club have asked Bolton to play the game on the Friday night as we're desperate not to play after the rugby given the pitch will be in a worse condition. 

Not directly aimed at you @Kid in the Riot but we have played after the rugby in the past and it hasn't seemed a problem, seems odd that "we" have an issue with this all of a sudden

Caller into Jim White on radio just now.....

Jim White             

Morning Stu , welcome to the show , you’re a Bolton Wanderers fan, what is happening at your great club at the moment ....’

‘Stu’...    

(silence).....then in a broad Lancastrian accent ..........’We are going down the toilet’

Jim White 

‘......oh.......well .......let’s hope not Stu.....you have a long history at that Club , great fans......what can be done to turn around the situation at your great club......’

’Stu’

’.........’Nothing

Jim White

..........(silence).........’Oh’.......( further silence )

:laughcont:

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jim White             

Morning Stu , welcome to the show , you’re a Bolton Wanderers fan, what is happening at your great club at the moment ....’

‘Stu’...    

(silence).....then in a broad Lancastrian accent ..........’We are going down the toilet’

Jim White 

‘......oh.......well .......let’s hope not Stu.....you have a long history at that Club , great fans......what can be done to turn around the situation at your great club......’

’Stu’

’.........’Nothing

Jim White

Switched onto Talksport not after reading this post and heard none other than a randomer on there- George Galloway of all people- talking football...

What next- Jim White on politics? ?

51 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jim White             

‘Stu’...    

Jim White 

’Stu’

’.........’Nothing

Jim White

Deplorable jock **** Jim White is.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Switched onto Talksport not after reading this post and heard none other than a randomer on there- George Galloway of all people- talking football...

What next- Jim White on politics? ?

I do like listening to Simon Jordan. However Colin Murray was far better than White.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Nah, go ahead, both games at the same time.

Will be confusing when the rugby ref blows for half time and ours carry on though.

Then during footballs half time the rugby lot come out and we don't have the full 15 minutes of Downsy's 'entertainment'.

We’re also gonna need VAR to get installed pronto so they can keep an eye on any decisions that need to be made during either game. ;) 

50 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Any news on tickets ? 

On the official site they are saying because of FA Cup regulations we have to use ticket distribution from 1989

Therefore all tickets will be sold , cash only , from the two ticket booths at the Atyeo entrance, cash only , two per person

tickets on sale at 8 am Sunday and if you have a heavy Saturday night and don’t get there till 10 the queue will be up into North Street :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On the official site they are saying because of FA Cup regulations we have to use ticket distribution from 1989

Therefore all tickets will be sold , cash only , from the two ticket booths at the Atyeo entrance, cash only , two per person

tickets on sale at 8 am Sunday and if you have a heavy Saturday night and don’t get there till 10 the queue will be up into North Street :thumbsup:

I remember years ago you had to que up in a car park to get tickets , but city being city opened the selling process early.   Bloody chaos !!!

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The club have asked Bolton to play the game on the Friday night as we're desperate not to play after the rugby given the pitch will be in a worse condition. 

No it won’t. I’ve been to rugby on a Friday and football less than 24 hours later and except for a few paint markings you would never know it had been played on. Our surface is immaculate. We have had hardly any hard frosts this year and I bet the grass is even growing slightly. The pitch isn’t a problem/excuse, or shouldn’t be.

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

No it won’t. I’ve been to rugby on a Friday and football less than 24 hours later and except for a few paint markings you would never know it had been played on. Our surface is immaculate. We have had hardly any hard frosts this year and I bet the grass is even growing slightly. The pitch isn’t a problem/excuse, or shouldn’t be.

I agree. But the club are trying to move the game to Friday as they want the pitch in the best possible condition, which will be before the rugby play, not after it. As great a surface as it is, it isn't difficult to appreciate that logic. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I agree. But the club are trying to move the game to Friday as they want the pitch in the best possible condition, which will be before the rugby play, not after it. As great a surface as it is, it isn't difficult to appreciate that logic. 

Also gives us more prep/rest time for the next league fixture, which with Swansea probably playing on the Saturday would make sense. I would expect we see the league as the more important fixture.

9 hours ago, Chivs said:

And during a break in play, the clock keeps running for the footie but stops for the rugby.  This could get messy...

Mäenpää done for forward passes.

Brownhill getting 3 pts for the Bears everytime he shoots wildly over the bar.

Football fans shouting schoolboy things like “stop bunching” everytime there’s a scrum

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

We’re also gonna need VAR to get installed pronto so they can keep an eye on any decisions that need to be made during either game. ;) 

Not every tie has to have VAR.  in round 3 only 9 games were selected.

7 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Don't think it'll be the Saturday as rugby's on then, can't see it being changed as tickets already sold for the rugby plus probably on TV too 

Good thought. Darn - I was hoping for a normal Saturday 3pm kick off.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Yes, I can confirm the grass is growing over the winter. I was watching it do so v Brentford. And Rotherham.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Football fans shouting schoolboy things like “stop bunching” everytime there’s a scrum

All becomes clear! That corner, and the Huddersfield goalie.  What foresight!

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only the Premiership clubs wasn’t it? We have VAR anyway because of Premiership rugby, I assume it’s pretty much the same for football so won’t be a problem for our Double Double header :laughcont:

Archived