IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January

MelksRed

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Only the Premiership clubs wasn’t it?

Not sure tbh.

We have VAR anyway because of Premiership rugby, I assume it’s pretty much the same for football so won’t be a problem for our Double Double header :laughcont:

Dunno, don’t forget the rugby try line is the 6 yard box line!!

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don’t dislike rugby but why can’t the egg chasers play on Sunday? It’s a darn sight easier for the Devon Dumplings to travel to and from Brizzle on a Sunday than it is for Bolton supporters to travel to and from Brizzle on a Friday night. 

Apparently a lot of the egg chasers have tickets for a concert on the Friday night so can’t change

Wasn’t it Pep that was confused by the rugby markings @Davefevs? He genuinely thought it was more of LJ’s tactical intelligence a la grass measuring, we could use this to our advantage, Bolton don’t have rugby and Exeter Chiefs don’t have football at their grounds :laugh:

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don’t dislike rugby but why can’t the egg chasers play on Sunday? It’s a darn sight easier for the Devon Dumplings to travel to and from Brizzle on a Sunday than it is for Bolton supporters to travel to and from Brizzle on a Friday night. 

It’s a longstanding Cup game scheduled for tv, no it can’t/won’t be moved. The Saturday slot is also favoured for the US audience which the US based sponsors are trying to court.

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Friday means taking a day/afternoon off for any visiting Bolton fans but they may have more transport options than a Sunday

Personally would prefer Friday as I can go then

They will bring about 50 max, probably double on a Sat/Sun can’t blame them mind you, doubt I’d travel to Bolton if it were the other way round.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It’s a longstanding Cup game scheduled for tv, no it can’t/won’t be moved. The Saturday slot is also favoured for the US audience which the US based sponsors are trying to court.

Similar to the FA Cup this season and all the changes in the previous round then, to suit the Botswana, Mozambique and Myanmar supporters club branches of BCFC all desperate to watch us v Huddersfield.

10 hours ago, RedM said:

So it’s another pointless cup game in a sport that has more cups than a tea shop. Sod the yanks! Who’s watching rugby on a Saturday morning in the US. 

The FA Cup is THE premier cup competition in the world and should take precedence. The Bears seem to have precedence over Saturday afternoon fixtures and that needs to be reversed. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

So it’s another pointless cup game in a sport that has more cups than a tea shop. Sod the yanks! Who’s watching rugby on a Saturday morning in the US. 

The FA Cup is THE premier cup competition in the world and should take precedence. The Bears seem to have precedence over Saturday afternoon fixtures and that needs to be reversed. 

I think your misunderstanding being shared Tenants of a sports ground, the football club has as much say as the rugby club. 

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Play it straight after the egg chasing, double ticket for both games, 17:30 KO for the footie, a nice sporting day out, with opportunity for a few refreshments and recruits to each other’s sport.   

What about season ticket holders in the same seat??

It would be brilliant for a pre-season game to be football then Rugby (then eventually all over to the new arena for the basketball!).

22 hours ago, phantom said:

You say it like any club gives a shit about their support

In a slightly less reactionary way, just looking at the finances, the club got £135k in prize money for beating Huddersfield and could get another £180k for beating Bolton. Add to that any overseas tv rights and I doubt they even need a crowd. I guess we will see that from the ticket prices.

18 minutes ago, Selred said:

What about season ticket holders in the same seat??

It would be brilliant for a pre-season game to be football then Rugby (then eventually all over to the new arena for the basketball!).

Don’t even think that’s the biggest problem, even if both pitches were marked out there is no way the rugby posts could be taken down with fans sat in the ground, health and safety would go mental. Also have you seen the mess left behind especially after a rugby match, people would be wading though and sat on empty pint glasses etc, yuck!

36 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Play it straight after the egg chasing, double ticket for both games, 17:30 KO for the footie, a nice sporting day out, with opportunity for a few refreshments and recruits to each other’s sport.   

Wondered if this could be a viable option. They've had double headers for football followed by Women's football, rugby followed by Women's rugby and I think concert or something has followed both football and rugby in the past.

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wondered if this could be a viable option. They've had double headers for football followed by Women's football, rugby followed by Women's rugby and I think concert or something has followed both football and rugby in the past.

A bit different when the two crowds are very different sizes, probably a lot harder when approximately 12k are moving in both directions?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don’t think you quite get it. 

The rugby game was scheduled a couple of months ago, is being shown live on BT Sport and thousands of people have already brought tickets. 

The city game is yet to be scheduled, it won’t be on telly, and due to it not being scheduled nobody has brought a ticket.

Its nothing to do with priority, it just makes slightly more sense for the football to be played on a Friday or Sunday than for Bristol Sport to have to deal with thousands of unhappy rugby customers as well as BT.

Bristol don’t have precedence over us, that’s complete rubbish

• Admin
59 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t even think that’s the biggest problem, even if both pitches were marked out there is no way the rugby posts could be taken down with fans sat in the ground, health and safety would go mental. Also have you seen the mess left behind especially after a rugby match, people would be wading though and sat on empty pint glasses etc, yuck!

It was suggested with tongue firmly in cheek....  But there may be a way of doing friendlies as a trial.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I believe so, saw BBC have bagged one (can't even remember which ).

I think they have announced they are showing the Southampton Derby replay, Slarti.

6 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Do they wait for replays to happen before the TV games come out? Maybe that won't leave enough time to sell tickets.

I think this could be the case, especially with some of the games to ratified.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

How long does it take to fix a date ffs ? They always knew there would be a chance of a clash....................what's the problem, sort it out !

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Have the TV games been sorted yet?  That might be the delay?

Correct full list of TV fixtures have priority, then all the others can chose their slots

We'll be 2pm on the Sunday 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

On another note, if we were to do a double header we should mix the teams up a bit. 

Make it 13 a side with the first match rugby and second match football. 

Having visions of Pato trying to tackle some 6ft 7 lump...

He doesn’t eleven have a go at a 4ft 7 lightweight:laughcont:. He could stay low and run through their legs though!

Archived