IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January

MelksRed

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

On another note, if we were to do a double header we should mix the teams up a bit. 

Make it 13 a side with the first match rugby and second match football. 

Having visions of Pato trying to tackle some 6ft 7 lump...

It would be fun at corners, the rugger lot would be lifting each other up to head the ball.

Mind you, is there anything in the rules of football that says you can`t do that now? I guess there must be otherwise someone would have tried it by now.

35 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would be fun at corners, the rugger lot would be lifting each other up to head the ball.

Mind you, is there anything in the rules of football that says you can`t do that now? I guess there must be otherwise someone would have tried it by now.

As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rules that specifically says you cannot do it, but pretty sure it would get classed as "unsporting behavior", which would result in a booking (who knows, a lenient ref might just give a warning because of the audacity/cheek). Question is, who gets booked, liftee, lifter(s) or both?

Answer is based off vague memories of a discussion I read online when checking to see if an outfield player defending the goalline at a corner could use the frame of the goal (i.e use the crossbar to lift themself higher and head the ball off the line) which, IIRC, is actually written as an offense in the rules.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:52, Red Right Hand said:

Is it perhaps to do with the line markings? if it`s too soon afterwards they`re still overly visible?

The pitch is certainly the best in the Rugby Premiership and arguably in the Championship. It's worked fine previously and will do again.   Maybe the Boro game is being moved to the week after, so we don't want to play Sunday and travel to Middlesboro on a Wednesday then move the Swansea game back to a Sunday??

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

John Afoa headed the ball against Leicester.  Back to the scrum half. Led to a try

On 10/01/2019 at 08:17, Selred said:

What about season ticket holders in the same seat??

It would be brilliant for a pre-season game to be football then Rugby (then eventually all over to the new arena for the basketball!).

Be worth it, just to wind up the stewards...

Ere, are you drinking booze within sight of the pitch?

Yeah, but I am only looking at the rugby.

Well, that's alright then, but if I catch you looking at the other ball, then you'll be out. 

Random question, considering the unappealing prospect of playing Bolton again so soon, what would the ticket prices have to be to guarantee a sell-out?

If the club was allowed to do so by the FA and Bolton etc, I'd sell all tickets for a couple of quid, even the spare seats in the Atyeo, try to reach as close to 27k as possible.

Atmosphere would be tremendous.

Hell, even give out the first 5000 tickets for free, why not?  Or, the club could even reward season ticket holders with a free ticket to this game. 

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Random question, considering the unappealing prospect of playing Bolton again so soon, what would the ticket prices have to be to guarantee a sell-out?

If the club was allowed to do so by the FA and Bolton etc, I'd sell all tickets for a couple of quid, even the spare seats in the Atyeo, try to reach as close to 27k as possible.

Hell, even give out the first 5000 tickets for free, why not?  Or, the club could even reward season ticket holders with a free ticket to this game. 

Isn't revenue shared between the two clubs and the FA?

Which would probably put the mockers on the club giving the tickets away. As Bolton might expect their share of tickets issued which would mean the club paying out.

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'd go for something like this 

Season ticket holders (from both clubs) - free

Adult members - £5

Over 65 members - £1

Adults - £10

Over 65s - £5

U19s - £1

U12s - free

Won't happen but those would be very reasonable prices 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which would probably put the mockers on the club giving the tickets away. As Bolton might expect their share of tickets issued which would mean the club paying out.

Villa included their FA Cup tickets against Swansea last weekend as part of their season ticket, in return they agreed to give Swansea 2000 tickets free to their away season ticket holders 

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

3 way split 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Villa included their FA Cup tickets against Swansea last weekend as part of their season ticket, in return they agreed to give Swansea 2000 tickets free to their away season ticket holders 

In view of my above post that seems strange - maybe it’s changed but was always a three way even split

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3 way split 

In view of my above post that seems strange - maybe it’s changed but was always a three way even split

(From FA Website)

Total gate receipts shown for each year are gross figures before matchday expenses and VAT are deducted. Gate receipts received by case study clubs in the particular year Deloitte have focussed on are net amounts, after expenses and VAt are deducted, and according to The FA’s rules regarding the proportion allocated to the home club, away club, and central pool in respect of competition matches.

Deloitte calculations are based on information provided to Deloitte by The FA. In some cases Deloitte have estimated gate receipts for certain matches, using attendance data and assumptions on ticket price and matchday expenses.

The FA Cup with Budweiser is the world’s oldest and greatest domestic cup competition. In the 2011/12 season, 763 clubs across England were accepted to play in the competition.

Guess there’s still some gate receipts and guess must be done in agreement with FA ?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(From FA Website)

Total gate receipts shown for each year are gross figures before matchday expenses and VAT are deducted. Gate receipts received by case study clubs in the particular year Deloitte have focussed on are net amounts, after expenses and VAt are deducted, and according to The FA’s rules regarding the proportion allocated to the home club, away club, and central pool in respect of competition matches.

Deloitte calculations are based on information provided to Deloitte by The FA. In some cases Deloitte have estimated gate receipts for certain matches, using attendance data and assumptions on ticket price and matchday expenses.

The FA Cup with Budweiser is the world’s oldest and greatest domestic cup competition. In the 2011/12 season, 763 clubs across England were accepted to play in the competition.

Guess there’s still some gate receipts and guess must be done in agreement with FA ?

Can't remember which way around it is, but I looked at gate receipts back in the summer to work out what we got from the League Cup run last season.

I think one of the cups was split 40/40/20 and the other 45/45/10.

If I had to guess which way round then the 45/45/10 split is the League Cup, because the prize pots were so small but was partially made from their portion of gate receipts.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can't remember which way around it is, but I looked at gate receipts back in the summer to work out what we got from the League Cup run last season.

I think one of the cups was split 40/40/20 and the other 45/45/10.

If I had to guess which way round then the 45/45/10 split is the League Cup, because the prize pots were so small but was partially made from their portion of gate receipts.

Found it - for those interested

Gate receipts generated over the ten seasons from 2001/02 to 2010/11 are estimated to total in excess of £400m, averaging circa £41m per season, driven by total attendances of 22.7m over the same period. These figures represent the total amounts paid by spectators, including VAT.
• The total of gate receipts for a given season is dependent on the total number of matches and number of home ties played by the larger Premier League clubs.
• For matches from the Third Round Proper up to and including the Sixth Round Proper, net gate receipts from each match are split between the two teams involved, the ‘Pool’ and The FA. Net gate receipts are the total ticket takings for the match less VAT and certain costs, for example travelling and accommodation expenses of the visiting club.
• Payments into the ‘Pool’ are distributed to Premier League and Football
League clubs which participated in the competition; payments to The FA are subsequently distributed to non-league clubs who participated in the First Round Proper of the competition.
Prior to the Third Round Proper of the competition each team in a tie will receive at least 47.5% of the net gate receipts from that match. For any tie up to and including the Sixth Round Proper a non-league club will receive a minimum of 47.5% of net gate receipts.
For clubs in the lower leagues or outside the Football League it is
often more financially attractive to
be drawn away, rather than at home, against a big team because The FA Cup’s mechanism for distributing
gate receipts allows the away team
to benefit from greater attendances. This has led to some non-league sides generating well in excess of £0.5m from a single match when drawn away to a top Premier League club.
• Clubs from the Premier League and Football League receive 45% of net gate receipts for matches played between the Third Round Proper and Sixth Round Proper of The FA Cup (42.5% in respect of replayed matches).
• In the Semi Final and Final clubs receive a lower proportion of gate receipts, however this is countered by higher prize money payments in the final rounds of the competition.

Let’s just petition to have tomorrow’s game a double or nothing result and then not bother with the cup game. 

We can give the split of ticket money directly to Forest Green Rovers instead of Bolton and just be done with it. 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'd go for something like this 

Season ticket holders (from both clubs) - free

Adult members - £5

Over 65 members - £1

Adults - £10

Over 65s - £5

U19s - £1

U12s - free

Won't happen but those would be very reasonable prices 

Absolutely agree with the construct of this- why not. The minute I step inside Ashton Gate then once I've brought  the programme, the pie and an burrito then BCFC are doing making their money elsewhere

I did notice Cardiff city were doing a BOGOF on some of their games- so why not tie it in also to another game - like QPR in early Feb 

The PR of a sold out stadium would be huge for the club 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I strongly predict it will be Friday at 7.45. Bolton made us play up there last season on a Friday, This is our revenge!

I'm really hoping it's Friday.

I'm working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and on Monday evening but can do Friday night- I was asked to work then too, but said only if no one else is around.

Archived