IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January

MelksRed

I’m with @RedM here 100%. I like my side seat and I pay for my daughter and our pre-match drink  - all my choice of course.

I can spend £30 on tickets and a tenner on a couple of pints or save my £40 and will do the latter as will many others who won’t pipe up (albeit some will be replaced by fans who are used to match day prices and see this as a cheap night for them).

The club had a chance to reward S/T holders here and get a good 18k+ attendance but once again did not take it; most commented shortly after the draw that max of a tenner for an adult and I maintain that was correct.

Others want to pay it then good on them but won’t be on my list. 

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Slough vs Bristol Manor Farm in the third qualifying round was £13.

£12 seems more than reasonable to me.

What relevance is the Slough versus Manor Farm price to anybody other than the idiots who would pay that?

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

What relevance is the Slough versus Manor Farm price to anybody other than the idiots who would pay that?

It's another game in the same competition, at a much earlier stage between 2 much lower ranked sides. Thus it is a point of comparison.

That price is also the standard price seen at most 6th tier clubs, so to expect prices between two 2nd tier clubs to be lower than that is incredibly naive and unrealistic.

As for calling people idiots, entirely unnecessary and rude. Once again that is the standard price of football at that level, had it been between two 8th tier sides it would have been about £8, because that's the price level most clubs use at that standard.

You say above most saying about max price of a tenner, yet this is just £2 more and you're having a paddy, that says plenty.

35 minutes ago, RedM said:

Glad it does something for you.

If it me you are digging at I have already said £10 I would accept, £15, nope it’s a 50% increase on the price I am willing to spend to see BOLTON. Principals.

What are you willing to pay to watch BRISTOL CITY?

I tend to go and watch them (when I am able), not the opposition.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's another game in the same competition, at a much earlier stage between 2 much lower ranked sides. Thus it is a point of comparison.

That price is also the standard price seen at most 6th tier clubs, so to expect prices between two 2nd tier clubs to be lower than that is incredibly naive and unrealistic.

As for calling people idiots, entirely unnecessary and rude. Once again that is the standard price of football at that level, had it been between two 8th tier sides it would have been about £8, because that's the price level most clubs use at that standard.

You say above most saying about max price of a tenner, yet this is just £2 more and you're having a paddy, that says plenty.

Having a paddy? I said I’m not prepared to pay it - hardly throwing my toys out the pram.

You make me laugh albeit not in a good way. More a tiresome boring way but it is still good to laugh.

I understand people querying why we cant load onto season cards and printing may not be an option but most people do have a smart phone these days and loading onto pass wallet app is simple enough and free

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wasn't it a case a couple of seasons back that you didn't get to as many games as you wanted, because you were finding things a bit financially challenging? 

But are now calling someone out for setting a limit on what they are prepared to pay....

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Trouble is that both clubs have to agree to a price and it looks like Bolton need the cash. Come on M just another £2, just forego a cup of coffee or whatever..... Even I will be going to this one and I hate paying anything over my season ticket normally.

Apparently both club don’t have to agree, that’s what someone on here said a while back when I made the same point as you. Nope, I’m not budging. I will never back down, it costs me sometimes but I’ve got one hell of a stubborn streak in me. And, as I said, it’s £5, not £2. #Principle

58 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m expecting that too. :laugh:

I would have used the game as a pile it high sell it cheap experiment, £10 adult anywhere, £5 anyone else. Keep it simple and sell tickets. Ashton Gate under the lights and get a good atmosphere going.

Instead it is too pricey for people like me who have principals, but the club don’t care as I have had a ST for years and travel away often too, they know I will be back. They have priced it for the day tripper type fans, who will turn up with their kids as it’s a cheap experience ( well cheaper than a league match). These people may or may not be back

Ha! Doesn't exist anymore.

Bright lighting left on all match above my usual Dolman seat is bad enough but I had a one off visit to the SS for the Huddersfield game.

Got a ticket for the very top row. Strip lighting on a few feet above my head, it could hardly have been brighter up there if it was a sunny Summer's afternoon.

Ashton Gate under the lights = special atmosphere is dead afaic.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasn't it a case a couple of seasons back that you didn't get to as many games as you wanted, because you were finding things a bit financially challenging? 

But are now calling someone out for setting a limit on what they are prepared to pay....

Still is the case to a point, I've not been able to go regularly this season because I've often worked Saturday evenings and can't do both. But not in a position where I can afford to turn down shifts.

That isn't actually what I was calling out Red M on though, it was the fact they were basing what they find acceptable as an amount to pay on the opponent. £12 to see two Championship sides is very reasonable (or £15/18 whatever the more expensive seats are).

It's around half the price of a normal league match, depending on match category and whether it's game with an offer on. A roughly 50% reduction on ticket prices is, to me, a fair discount from the club, and one where I'd be willing to pay that for the ticket whether Bristol City were facing Barrow or Barcelona, because the opponent isn't the part I care about, that's what I was raising the point about in the post you quoted.

If someone can't afford to go then that is very different to someone saying they won't go because the prices are £2 more than what they wanted the price to be.

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The thing is, I’d probably put the money i’d save to another away trip, so please save your breath on lecturing me where my loyalties lie. I’ve akready said several times what I believed would be fair pricing to both clubs and both sets of fans. That it what I would pay. For clarity, £10.

57 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Whilst I agree that it's ridiculous that tickets can't be loaded to season cards, you can print them off yourself and avoid the fee. 

There must be some technical reason because thats what they have done in the past. Is it something to do with the distribution of the profit? 

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ha! Doesn't exist anymore.

Bright lighting left on all match above my usual Dolman seat is bad enough but I had a one off visit to the SS for the Huddersfield game.

Got a ticket for the very top row. Strip lighting on a few feet above my head, it could hardly have been brighter up there if it was a sunny Summer's afternoon.

Ashton Gate under the lights = special atmosphere is dead afaic.

That is very true. Still hate we have to have the lights on, absolute nonsense. Very true that you don’t realise what you got till it’s gone sometimes.

37 minutes ago, Neo said:

I’m with @RedM here 100%. I like my side seat and I pay for my daughter and our pre-match drink  - all my choice of course.

I can spend £30 on tickets and a tenner on a couple of pints or save my £40 and will do the latter as will many others who won’t pipe up (albeit some will be replaced by fans who are used to match day prices and see this as a cheap night for them).

The club had a chance to reward S/T holders here and get a good 18k+ attendance but once again did not take it; most commented shortly after the draw that max of a tenner for an adult and I maintain that was correct.

Others want to pay it then good on them but won’t be on my list. 

Exactly. Thank you for putting it better than I ever could.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

The thing is, I’d probably put the money i’d save to another away trip, so please save your breath on lecturing me where my loyalties lie. I’ve akready said several times what I believed would be fair pricing to both clubs and both sets of fans. That it what I would pay. For clarity, £10.

I'm not lecturing you on where your loyalties lie, and I fully respect that you do the away trips and hope to be able to do the same.

Maybe my issue was more in the way you wrote your issue with the price. My view is £12 is a fair price, you think £10 is. That I can happily say ok, we disagree, though of course £10 would be preferable.

It's that you brought up who the opposition was, as I don't think it's that relevant.

Thats all.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

That is very true. Still hate we have to have the lights on, absolute nonsense. Very true that you don’t realise what you got till it’s gone sometimes.

Hated it, although the view better than expected (never been in the new stand before)

I'm usually in the Lower Dolman so at least the excessive lighting is far above me, but we still have to look over at all the myriad balls of light from the Lansdown exits all game.

I won't be going back in the SS, intolerable.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This cup game isn't exactly jumping out.

It's like going to the cinema twice in a week to see the same very average film.

Almost 2 weeks between the 2 but I get your point.

At least they dim the lighting at the cinema when the performance starts.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Finaries. They agreed to Sky, of course they would, probably without a thought to our fans so it’s nice we have offered the same. But we have to split the monies this time.

They had to agree with sky, it’s not ‘finaries’. You simply can’t say no to sky, it’s a football league contract. Clueless. 

Archived