IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January

MelksRed

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's that you brought up who the opposition was, as I don't think it's that relevant.

Of course it is!

The opposition is always a factor in ticket pricing; playing Man C will bring in the crowds, playing Scunthorpe U wouldn't.  Playing a poor Championship side that we played a fortnight before is hardly an attractive game, so it should be heavily discounted.  What that discount should be is open to debate, but who the opposition is, is a fundamental factor in pricing.

5 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

www.gofundme.com/raisingtheextra£2sforthemiserablebarstewardswhowontpaymorethanatenner

Probably the same people who happily pay £3.50 for a frothy moccachocaskinnydecafoatmealmilkflatwhitelattefrapacino !

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Of course it is!

The opposition is always a factor in ticket pricing; playing Man C will bring in the crowds, playing Scunthorpe U wouldn't.  Playing a poor Championship side that we played a fortnight before is hardly an attractive game, so it should be heavily discounted.  What that discount should be is open to debate, but who the opposition is, is a fundamental factor in pricing.

I didn't say it wasn't, and it's why I didn't say the opposition is irrelevant.

I said it's "not that relevant"

Against a Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or Man Utd the game will probably sell out.

Most of the other Premier League sides will be viewed similarly to how Huddersfield were, a bit of a crap draw. A couple would be viewed more favourably, but wouldn't be seen in the same bracket as the ones above.

Any Championship opposition will have been viewed as a crap draw, little difference to the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth...

I also think people- and I am generalising a bit here- often get caught up on the 'name' of a club.

Bolton aren't a glamorous tie, but a Sunderland or maybe Portsmouth would probably have been seen as more so, yet they're a division below.

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I didn't say it wasn't, and it's why I didn't say the opposition is irrelevant.

I said it's "not that relevant"

Against a Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or Man Utd the game will probably sell out.

Most of the other Premier League sides will be viewed similarly to how Huddersfield were, a bit of a crap draw. A couple would be viewed more favourably, but wouldn't be seen in the same bracket as the ones above.

Any Championship opposition will have been viewed as a crap draw, little difference to the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth...

I also think people- and I am generalising a bit here- often get caught up on the 'name' of a club.

Bolton aren't a glamorous tie, but a Sunderland or maybe Portsmouth would probably have been seen as more so, yet they're a division below.

You have just explained why it is very relevant!

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Villa included their FA Cup tickets against Swansea last weekend as part of their season ticket, in return they agreed to give Swansea 2000 tickets free to their away season ticket holders 

Don't think the free ticket option would help Bolton in their current predicament

• Admin
3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Slough vs Bristol Manor Farm in the third qualifying round was £13.

£12 seems more than reasonable to me.

I guess more of an argument BMF should be charging less? 

3 hours ago, Izza said:

I understand people querying why we cant load onto season cards and printing may not be an option but most people do have a smart phone these days and loading onto pass wallet app is simple enough and free

Is "pass wallet" the name of the app, how does it link to Bristol City 

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

They had to agree with sky, it’s not ‘finaries’. You simply can’t say no to sky, it’s a football league contract. Clueless. 

Didn't villa refuse coverage a few weeks back? 

2 hours ago, harrys said:

£18 to sit in my usual seat, I won’t be bothering

Surely the alternative is buy a ticket in the South Stand but look for an empty seat near where you normally sit? 

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I assume those refusing to pay £15 for this will be equally oppposed to paying at least double that if we get Man Utd/Spurs/Arsenal etc in a later round... :whistle:

The argument here is we are playing a poor side at home twice in a matter of weeks 

Personally I'm disappointed the club haven't given the season card holders a discount over everyone else 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I guess more of an argument BMF should be charging less? 

BMF charged £8 for the replay, £13 is the price Slough set.

£8 is standard price at BMF's level and the same as what Yate, Mangotsfield and pretty much every other club in their league charge. But they also offer lots of discounts, however they are league only so don't apply for the FA Cup.

£13 is the same as what Slough were charging for their league games, and I'd guess it's a similar price at WSM or Bath.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It's basically a straight choice between this and the rugby for me and as the rugby will probably be more entertaining I'll go for that. 

Had this been a quid for U19s it may have been different... 

£1 for u19's ...... It's only a £5/£7

• Admin
14 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

im going and keeping my ticket with the last one then if we get through and a good draw,i will go in and kick up a stink if the priorities go like last year in the other cup

Season card holders will always have priority, then hopefully club recognise those from attending earlier rounds 

4 hours ago, kivsy said:

Although it’s bolton again a Friday night game in the fa cup under the lights , with a few ore match beers ? 

although I’m going I told my lad a theory I have if we win the league , the other team win the cup game ! 

I always feared the same since this happened, albeit 4 weeks apart. I've never felt so confident going into a derby as that second match, gutted 

The 2nd match was the FA cup for those not old enough to remember 

Screenshot_20190111-213045.jpg

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Pretty sure we'll see more than 7k

You're getting us confused with that other lot...

I'm not sure. 

We had 12k with these prices against Premier league opposition. 

Friday night, 12-18 quid a ticket against a team who we played 2 weeks earlier. 

Would be very surprised to see over 10k

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm not sure. 

We had 12k with these prices against Premier league opposition. 

Friday night, 12-18 quid a ticket against a team who we played 2 weeks earlier. 

Would be very surprised to see over 10k

Yeah ,then we get a top 6 club.........every *** will want them !

I wish we would say ,only ST holders and those who went to BW game need apply!

Ah well, I can dream .

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

£12 is a cheap night out. People moaning about that need to have a quiet word with themselves....

Everyone will have a price that they are willing to pay to sit in their usual seat, taking everything into account £18 is more than i’m willing to pay on this particular occasion, I really don’t need a quiet word with myself thanks

Archived