Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bolton (FA Cup) Tickets - 7:45 Kick-Off, Friday 25th January


Recommended Posts

Amazing -- just read through pages of stuff about prices, many not going because of it being a little over their 'max price' and other reasons often wanting to have a go at the club. Very little about the prospects after a good possibility of a win.

This is not a one off - it is part of a potentially exciting cup run. Rovers fans would be paying well over the odds in the same position - season tickets or not.

Win this, in 5th round, publicity, excitement and anticipation raised - get behind the club - we need to win it. If we get a top club in the next round all complainants will be the first in the queue demanding their right to a ticket... Or if £2 over maybe they will again miss out!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I'm not sure. 

We had 12k with these prices against Premier league opposition. 

Friday night, 12-18 quid a ticket against a team who we played 2 weeks earlier. 

Would be very surprised to see over 10k

The Huddersfield game was a stupid Saturday kick off time that nobody really likes though, Bolton is a bit more `normal`, albeit on a Friday night. The crowd will be about the same I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said before I think the crowd will be good, but it could have been great. Many people will be those attending as a one off as compared to league prices it’s a great opportunity to see a match. They may or not be back, depending on if they feel the football is good or if they find another cheap offer. It’s the fans who have come in week in week out, who pay for ST’s months before the season kicks off that are being asked to pay too much in comparison to these ‘one off’ fans.

Whether you have never stepped foot into Ashton Gate before or you hold a ST you pay the same, that to me is wrong and shows what the club thinks of loyalty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RedM said:

As I said before I think the crowd will be good, but it could have been great. Many people will be those attending as a one off as compared to league prices it’s a great opportunity to see a match. They may or not be back, depending on if they feel the football is good or if they find another cheap offer. It’s the fans who have come in week in week out, who pay for ST’s months before the season kicks off that are being asked to pay too much in comparison to these ‘one off’ fans.

Whether you have never stepped foot into Ashton Gate before or you hold a ST you pay the same, that to me is wrong and shows what the club thinks of loyalty.

ST fans who have more expensive seats normally can still pay just £12 and sit somewhere else though, it seems like some are being martyrs or having a go at the club, even though prices are low and they can still take advantage of these low prices if they wanted too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, extonsred said:

If we get a top club in the next round all complainants will be the first in the queue demanding their right to a ticket

I take it this is aimed at me as one of these people and yes I will be one of the first in line for a bigger game.

I pay over £900 per year for my daughter and I to watch 23 home league games and over £100 more on the city foundation thing so I think I have the right to a period of time where I can guarantee a ticket if I choose to.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally speaking mine and my kids' seats in the South Stand are reasonably priced so we'll be going, but I can understand the frustration of supporters who have to pay more. It's a shame that the club couldn't/wouldn't charge a standard rate for adults (£12?) for all areas of the ground or do more to encourage season ticket holders to attend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I always feared the same since this happened, albeit 4 weeks apart. I've never felt so confident going into a derby as that second match, gutted 

The 2nd match was the FA cup for those not old enough to remember 

Screenshot_20190111-213045.jpg

This is amazing. A time when, not only City played Rovers, but actually lost to them. It’s something you don’t see any more like milkmen, mobile shops, children doing what they’re told, Blockbuster videos and white dog poo 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Neo said:

I take it this is aimed at me as one of these people and yes I will be one of the first in line for a bigger game.

I pay over £900 per year for my daughter and I to watch 23 home league games and over £100 more on the city foundation thing so I think I have the right to a period of time where I can guarantee a ticket if I choose to.

You aren’t alone, it’s aimed at me too. Apparently I/we are martyrs too. 👼🏽 I’m just hoping the club can count on these causal fans to plug the gaps if they continue to piss off ST holders and they walk away, not over this in particular but in general. Has all the fuss about how they treated people over seat prices at the beginning of the season been forgotten. People were allowed to say what they thought then, just as I am doing now. I’m just saying a bit of common sense and goodwill wouldn’t have gone amiss. Sell cheaper and sell more, unless the residents parking scheme is the issue here?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Offside said:

Personally speaking mine and my kids' seats in the South Stand are reasonably priced so we'll be going, but I can understand the frustration of supporters who have to pay more. It's a shame that the club couldn't/wouldn't charge a standard rate for adults (£12?) for all areas of the ground or do more to encourage season ticket holders to attend.

Agreed. There is no sense of appreciation towards ST holders, other than first dibs on tickets. Most of us will be there today to see us play Bolton. For the next home game to be against the same opponents would be bad enough, but a game against Bolton hardly inspires people to drop everything to attend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My ticket would be £18 , not too bad but where I am now and due to it being a night game I'm in 2 minds. 
No one can really criticise anyone else for their choice to go or not, everyone is in different situations. And as has been said many times , Bolton not a great draw and twice in a short space of time, hardly an exciting prospect ,.But we don't know what went on with talks between the 2 clubs. I understand they have to agree between them.
What I will say, the club has got corporate tickets for £45 , and odd as it is , this is more tempting than getting my usual seat for £18. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RedM said:

You aren’t alone, it’s aimed at me too. Apparently I/we are martyrs too. 👼🏽 I’m just hoping the club can count on these causal fans to plug the gaps if they continue to piss off ST holders and they walk away, not over this in particular but in general. Has all the fuss about how they treated people over seat prices at the beginning of the season been forgotten. People were allowed to say what they thought then, just as I am doing now. I’m just saying a bit of common sense and goodwill wouldn’t have gone amiss. Sell cheaper and sell more, unless the residents parking scheme is the issue here?

Worth bearing in mind there’s £180k extra prize money to be had for reaching 5th round and a bigger crowd would surely help , however encouraged to come

  • Extra Preliminary £2,250 (Winning side); £750 (Losing side)
  • Preliminary £2,890 (Winning side); £960 (Losing side)
  • First Round Qual £6,000
  • Second Round Qual £9,000
  • Third Round Qual £15,000
  • Fourth Round Qual £25,000
  • First Round Proper £36,000
  • Second Round Proper £54,000
  • Third Round Proper £135,000
  • Fourth Round Proper £180,000
  • Fifth Round Proper £360,000
  • Quarter Final £720,000
  • Semi Final (Winner) £1,800,000
  • Semi Final (Loser) £900,000
  • Final (Runners-Up) £1,800,000
  • Final (Winner) £3,600,000
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that 3pm Saturday was not an option, I am really pleased this is a Friday night game. Usually a good atmosphere and those that can't make Saturday afternoon can attend (a lot of fans play on Saturday). 

Just need to decide whether to pay £15 for my Dolman ST seat or wait for general release and pay £12 for South Stand. Opted for Dolman against Huddersfield as prefer the side view. Pay your money, take your choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Given that 3pm Saturday was not an option, I am really pleased this is a Friday night game. Usually a good atmosphere and those that can't make Saturday afternoon can attend (a lot of fans play on Saturday). 

 

Agreed. I like Friday evening games too. I'm quite looking forward to the game without the pressure of league points at stake. Hopefully we'll get a win and a decent draw in the next round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neo said:

I take it this is aimed at me as one of these people and yes I will be one of the first in line for a bigger game.

I pay over £900 per year for my daughter and I to watch 23 home league games and over £100 more on the city foundation thing so I think I have the right to a period of time where I can guarantee a ticket if I choose to.

Think I did not refer to any particular poster and would always respect anyone's decision not to go to a match...particularly for financial reasons and taking a family. Really sad you're not able to manage it. What I was clearly focussed on was how close getting through the next round would take us to a new level in the competition. I would so like a scheme to give preferential support the true fans who do spend a packet on season tickets but of course it is almost impossible to manage .... Even though they have all the data they need on this.

Maybe families on season tickets could be exempt in the future for extra matches up to a certain stage.. After all you end up spending extra match days as well. Worth a suggestion to the club and good for the club image.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, harrys said:

Everyone will have a price that they are willing to pay to sit in their usual seat, taking everything into account £18 is more than i’m willing to pay on this particular occasion, I really don’t need a quiet word with myself thanks

£18 is cheap. So what your basically saying is your using this as an excuse not to support your team. 

If £18 is to much what would you be willing to pay?

Seems a fair price structure for a 4th round facup game to me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

£18 is cheap. So what your basically saying is your using this as an excuse not to support your team. 

If £18 is to much what would you be willing to pay?

Seems a fair price structure for a 4th round facup game to me?

What might be cheap to you may not be cheap to others, no doubt you have a price which you consider too much? And please don’t be so condescending, I have supported my team all over the country for 45 years and will support my team till my dying breath

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

£18 is cheap. So what your basically saying is your using this as an excuse not to support your team. 

If £18 is to much what would you be willing to pay?

Seems a fair price structure for a 4th round facup game to me?

You don’t have to be there in person to support your team. Of course I would wish them to progress, I’ve never wanted them to lose any game. Maybe you mean financially support, which I do as I said by committing to a ST months before I get to use it. I also contribute by purchases in the stadium and shop etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RedM said:

You don’t have to be there in person to support your team. Of course I would wish them to progress, I’ve never wanted them to lose any game. Maybe you mean financially support, which I do as I said by committing to a ST months before I get to use it. I also contribute by purchases in the stadium and shop etc.

I don’t understand this £18 stuff, cheapest tickets are £12 arnt they, which is very cheap, yeh might not be your usual seat, but that’s life

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neo said:

I like my side seat and I pay for my daughter and our pre-match drink  - all my choice of course.

I can spend £30 on tickets and a tenner on a couple of pints or save my £40 and will do the latter. 

The club had a chance to reward S/T holders here and get a good 18k+ attendance but once again did not take it; most commented shortly after the draw that max of a tenner for an adult and I maintain that was correct.

 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

It’s the fans who have come in week in week out, who pay for ST’s months before the season kicks off that are being asked to pay too much in comparison to these ‘one off’ fans.

Whether you have never stepped foot into Ashton Gate before or you hold a ST you pay the same, that to me is wrong and shows what the club thinks of loyalty.

I’m just saying a bit of common sense and goodwill wouldn’t have gone amiss. Sell cheaper and sell more.

 

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

But we don't know what went on with talks between the 2 clubs. I understand they have to agree between them. Actually, this is no longer the case and, had they so desired, City could have charged £10 per ticket - but see my post below.
 

For obvious logistical reasons, I have only been a sporadic supporter at best for several years now; hence, I generally try to refrain from commenting on this sort of issue as, being an infrequent attendee, my opinion is, by extension, of limited value.

Nevertheless, it does occur to me that City have not only missed a trick here, but, at the same time, apparently alienated some of their most loyal supporters, i.e. season ticket holders; I have tagged a few in this post, though I am sure there are many others to whom my comments apply.

Firstly, and as several on this thread have mentioned, a reduced ticket price would surely have resulted in an increased attendance on the night and, quite possibly, an even larger income to City as, in addition to increased ticket sales, there would, by extension, most likely have been more purchases of food and drinks, not to mention the possible sale of City merchandise to new, casual fans.

Secondly, and despite several views to the contrary, City were under no obligation to seek Bolton's agreement as to the ticket price they charged, and, whilst it may have incurred the wrath of Bolton's Chairman, the charming Mr Ken Anderson, I believe they would have been perfectly entitled had they wished to charge £10 per ticket to all season ticket holders, City and Bolton supporters alike.

Bear with me, for this is the 'missed trick' to which I referred earlier.

Rather than alienate their loyal season ticket holders, who, of course, have already shown their support for City both physically and financially, why could City not have shown their appreciation and rewarded them, i.e. why could City not have charged the prices they have, but given season holders of both City and Bolton a discount?

Surely, it would not have been too difficult to have limited the higher price stated to casual fans only and given existing season ticket holders, both City and Bolton, say, one week to purchase their existing seat for £10 before releasing all remaining seats for the prices they are now charging?

Everybody would benefit; City with a larger crowd and income, season ticket holders by a small, but welcome, saving and everybody present with a better atmosphere. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

 

 

For obvious logistical reasons, I have only been a sporadic supporter at best for several years now; hence, I generally try to refrain from commenting on this sort of issue as, being an infrequent attendee, my opinion is, by extension, of limited value.

Nevertheless, it does occur to me that City have not only missed a trick here, but, at the same time, apparently alienated some of their most loyal supporters, i.e. season ticket holders; I have tagged a few in this post, though I am sure there are many others to whom my comments apply.

Firstly, and as several on this thread have mentioned, a reduced ticket price would surely have resulted in an increased attendance on the night and, quite possibly, an even larger income to City as, in addition to increased ticket sales, there would, by extension, most likely have been more purchases of food and drinks, not to mention the possible sale of City merchandise to new, casual fans.

Secondly, and despite several views to the contrary, City were under no obligation to seek Bolton's agreement as to the ticket price they charged, and, whilst it may have incurred the wrath of Bolton's Chairman, the charming Mr Ken Anderson, I believe they would have been perfectly entitled had they wished to charge £10 per ticket to all season ticket holders, City and Bolton supporters alike.

Bear with me, for this is the 'missed trick' to which I referred earlier.

Rather than alienate their loyal season ticket holders, who, of course, have already shown their support for City both physically and financially, why could City not have shown their appreciation and rewarded them, i.e. why could City not have charged the prices they have, but given season holders of both City and Bolton a discount?

Surely, it would not have been too difficult to have limited the higher price stated to casual fans only and given existing season ticket holders, both City and Bolton, say, one week to purchase their existing seat for £10 before releasing all remaining seats for the prices they are now charging?

Everybody would benefit; City with a larger crowd and income, season ticket holders by a small, but welcome, saving and everybody present with a better atmosphere. 

 

 

 

100% agree.  Just a bit of goodwill goes a long way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

 

 

For obvious logistical reasons, I have only been a sporadic supporter at best for several years now; hence, I generally try to refrain from commenting on this sort of issue as, being an infrequent attendee, my opinion is, by extension, of limited value.

Nevertheless, it does occur to me that City have not only missed a trick here, but, at the same time, apparently alienated some of their most loyal supporters, i.e. season ticket holders; I have tagged a few in this post, though I am sure there are many others to whom my comments apply.

Firstly, and as several on this thread have mentioned, a reduced ticket price would surely have resulted in an increased attendance on the night and, quite possibly, an even larger income to City as, in addition to increased ticket sales, there would, by extension, most likely have been more purchases of food and drinks, not to mention the possible sale of City merchandise to new, casual fans.

Secondly, and despite several views to the contrary, City were under no obligation to seek Bolton's agreement as to the ticket price they charged, and, whilst it may have incurred the wrath of Bolton's Chairman, the charming Mr Ken Anderson, I believe they would have been perfectly entitled had they wished to charge £10 per ticket to all season ticket holders, City and Bolton supporters alike.

Bear with me, for this is the 'missed trick' to which I referred earlier.

Rather than alienate their loyal season ticket holders, who, of course, have already shown their support for City both physically and financially, why could City not have shown their appreciation and rewarded them, i.e. why could City not have charged the prices they have, but given season holders of both City and Bolton a discount?

Surely, it would not have been too difficult to have limited the higher price stated to casual fans only and given existing season ticket holders, both City and Bolton, say, one week to purchase their existing seat for £10 before releasing all remaining seats for the prices they are now charging?

Everybody would benefit; City with a larger crowd and income, season ticket holders by a small, but welcome, saving and everybody present with a better atmosphere. 

 

 

 

I get the 'reward season ticket holders' bit of this. As a STH I'd love a free ticket. On the other hand, do I want my club, who already struggle to compete financially at this level, to give up a potential source of some decent income?

But the 'charge less and you'd get a better gate/more  income, not so sure. If you charged £10 then someone will argue you could get more by charging £8. And if you charge £8 someone will argue the same for £5. For this game we'd probably struggle to fill the ground if we were giving away tickets! My feeling is that the club will clearly be aware of the sweet spot they need to find, and they are the experts at doing that. 

Edited by italian dave
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...