IGNORED

Striking Coach

hoxton casual

i was watching Sky, and they were talking about the effect James Beattie has had as Striking Coach on Che Adams at Birmingham. I think he is the top scorer in our league. Does anyone know if we have one at City and if not why not? I would have thougth pretty essential for an ambitious club?

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

i was watching Sky, and they were talking about the effect James Beattie has had as Striking Coach on Che Adams at Birmingham. I think he is the top scorer in our league. Does anyone know if we have one at City and if not why not? I would have thougth pretty essential for an ambitious club?

If it's Baz Savage we're bu99ered!

7 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

we have and he is outside the ground with a placard and the strikers won't pass. 

One thing that gets my goat is that many professional footballers are STILL only one-footed. 

Even in the lowly ranks of the Wiltshire league, learning to use my left foot probably doubled my effectiveness. Ok I mainly played midfield but the principle is the same. 

The other thing I learnt was not to look at the goal - just learn where it is, because it doesn’t move. 

Basic stuff but effective. I do t know if ‘striker coaches’ would teach this but they should!!!

17 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

One thing that gets my goat is that many professional footballers are STILL only one-footed. 

Even in the lowly ranks of the Wiltshire league, learning to use my left foot probably doubled my effectiveness. Ok I mainly played midfield but the principle is the same. 

The other thing I learnt was not to look at the goal - just learn where it is, because it doesn’t move. 

Basic stuff but effective. I do t know if ‘striker coaches’ would teach this but they should!!!

Really good article in Holoway’s Autobiography around Penrice coaching Jason Roberts about relaxing.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Adams is having an excellent season but not top scorer. 8 players have currently scored more.

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

No need to waste money on another coach, Lee just needs to adopt a shoot on sight policy, tell his forwards to stop fannying about in the box and tell his players to get in and challenge where it hurts.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-allison-puffs-hope-into-rovers-1563589.html  

Painful reminder from '92 … was Allison right though? 

(...good question for someone to ask Twentyman when calling into his show. If Allison was right and had the secret of kicking balls (& not talking them) did he pass that knowledge onto GT and what was the secret?? )  

Do our lot know how?    ...& how come The Gas have forgotten it since?  ;) 

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

No need to waste money on another coach, Lee just needs to adopt a shoot on sight policy, tell his forwards to stop fannying about in the box and tell his players to get in and challenge where it hurts.

I do wonder why Brownhill does not shoot more oftern. He has a vicious piledriver of a shot that keepers find difficult to judge it seems.

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-allison-puffs-hope-into-rovers-1563589.html  

Painful reminder from '92 … was Allison right though? 

(...good question for someone to ask Twentyman when calling into his show. If Allison was right and had the secret of kicking balls (& not talking them) did he pass that knowledge onto GT and what was the secret?? )  

Do our lot know how?    ...& how come The Gas have forgotten it since?  ;) 

Thanks WH. Blocked that out of my memory. 4-0 against a City a side with Cole and Dziekanowski in it.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well doing yoga whilst listening to whale music is very important...

People may laugh, but Ryan Giggs credited yoga as the reason he was able to continue playing in the top flight for so long. 

I also used it to come back from a nasty RecFem injury - i no longer do yoga, but it’s the reason I can still play a bit now at 52!!!!!

3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

People may laugh, but Ryan Giggs credited yoga as the reason he was able to continue playing in the top flight for so long. 

I also used it to come back from a nasty RecFem injury - i no longer do yoga, but it’s the reason I can still play a bit now at 52!!!!!

Wasn’t knocking it mate - that sort of thing really helped me too after a knee op...keep playing mate!

Archived