IGNORED

Objective view on LJ

Robbored

17 hours ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Love how Howes teams play but they spent big and got fined for breaking financial rules to get promoted.

22 hours ago, stokes7 said:

Saying Howe has little money to spend is this the same Howe that just spent 19m on a striker :laugh:

Fulham have spent around one hundred million and are bottom, but the article is not including figures for expenditure or a timescale so Bournemouth breaking FFP rules could be outside of the time and spending measured. Its a weak and vague article.

On 10/01/2019 at 11:56, Robbored said:

Because you don’t agree with him? 

Try looking at it from Gregors pov - no local sports journalist would risk pissing off LJ by posting a negative article about City as Richard Latham did with Joe Jordan who then banned him from press conferences.....................:facepalm:

Loving your new weapon of choice, the laughing emoji response. 

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

"Try looking at it from Gregors pov - no local sports journalist would risk pissing off LJ by posting a negative article about City"

He is going to be disappointed Nick.

He's popped that one out on the five metre pole line and your having none of it.

Well, no, correct.

If the journalist sees his job as being a sycophant in order to be rewarded with spin to regurgitate, I don't really see the point of the journalist.

Blatter would still be lording it at FIFA if this guy was head of the Sunday Times investigative team.

On 09/01/2019 at 17:19, Cowshed said:

I dismissed the article because it is not using facts. Nowhere in that article does it use evidence to highlight expenditure and points won. The journalist is using opinion.

It's just a newspaper article, not an academic thesis.  Journalists have to pump out countless articles every week in this social media, click bait age.  Gregor seems to do a decent job and appears genuinely enthused about City and unearths snippets that might be of general interest to fans.  His article makes the broad point that LJ is doing reasonably well given the resources he has been given.   

He gives insights into the sort of things that the likes of Brighton use to assess management qualities and suggests LJ comes out well using the same criteria. If you think is incorrect then perhaps you can do your own in-depth article? I'd genuinely be interested to read it. 

He might be out by a percentage point or two and it might not achieve first class honours status as there is no appendix or academic source citations!  But it's a here today, gone tomorrow newspaper article.  I found it an interesting read and it's a bit odd to start ripping it apart with some kind of theoretical in-depth analysis don't you think?.

1 hour ago, bcfcnick said:

It's just a newspaper article, not an academic thesis.  Journalists have to pump out countless articles every week in this social media, click bait age.  Gregor seems to do a decent job and appears genuinely enthused about City and unearths snippets that might be of general interest to fans.  His article makes the broad point that LJ is doing reasonably well given the resources he has been given.   

He gives insights into the sort of things that the likes of Brighton use to assess management qualities and suggests LJ comes out well using the same criteria. If you think is incorrect then perhaps you can do your own in-depth article? I'd genuinely be interested to read it. 

He might be out by a percentage point or two and it might not achieve first class honours status as there is no appendix or academic source citations!  But it's a here today, gone tomorrow newspaper article.  I found it an interesting read and it's a bit odd to start ripping it apart with some kind of theoretical in-depth analysis don't you think?.

Yes it's just an article. A superficial one. It's the opening poster who felt it was objective.

The journalist has not provided insight into analysis. His work can't be scrutinised as correct, or incorrect as he provides no detail .. Yes that would be interesting to view.

Archived