IGNORED

Spurs' new ground (Merged)

phantom

• Admin

I don't know why someone just doesn't announce now that they won't go into their new ground until next season now?

It must work against Spurs too that they will be in a ground they are not familiar with for their final games, when surely there should be a level playing field for their opponents too that all games are played at Wembley

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/january/new-stadium-update/

We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) – and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) – will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

In order to reduce the inconvenience to fans, the three Premier League matches will be refunded in one transaction and similarly all three games can be purchased together in one transaction. All three matches will be Category C pricing from the 2017/18 season. The 51,000 capacity cap will apply for these fixtures.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”

33 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Should not be allowed to move mid season anyway

Rules say you cant play your home games at different grounds during a season 

Yep - but someone started a whole new thread on here on Warnock complaining about that....I hope you don’t get the same abuse for suggesting the same thing!

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I don't know why someone just doesn't announce now that they won't go into their new ground until next season now?

It must work against Spurs too that they will be in a ground they are not familiar with for their final games, when surely there should be a level playing field for their opponents too that all games are played at Wembley

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/january/new-stadium-update/

We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) – and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) – will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

In order to reduce the inconvenience to fans, the three Premier League matches will be refunded in one transaction and similarly all three games can be purchased together in one transaction. All three matches will be Category C pricing from the 2017/18 season. The 51,000 capacity cap will apply for these fixtures.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”

I watched a progress report on you tube back in October when they had been saying they hoped to be moving in end November, thought at the time lucky if it's in the next 6 months, looks like I was right, there are so many things that always go wrong on site, everybody gets in each others way and you are forever waiting on other people to finish what they are doing before you can proceed. Very much doubt they will play a game there this season. 

Can’t wait for a R*vers style complaint to the FA from a club who get relegated claiming how it’s unfair that a club who escape the drop by a point, played Spurs at a different venue and effected their results.

Cue W4nker Warnock.

By all accounts, the Spurs stadium has been an open secret in building development circles. The contractors in charge of building the stadium gave a date, the Spurs board told them to do it quicker, and they've had to act shocked when work that takes x amount of time actually takes x amount of time.

The smart thing to do when you've got a ton of cash and a stadium operator that is happy for you to use another stadium is to let things take as long as they need to get it done right, but it just goes to show you that even rich guys like Daniel Levy are just as impatient as the stupid ******* out there that ask you do do some work faster than it can physically be done - the classic "nine women can't make a baby in one month" scenario.

13 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

By all accounts, the Spurs stadium has been an open secret in building development circles. The contractors in charge of building the stadium gave a date, the Spurs board told them to do it quicker, and they've had to act shocked when work that takes x amount of time actually takes x amount of time.

The smart thing to do when you've got a ton of cash and a stadium operator that is happy for you to use another stadium is to let things take as long as they need to get it done right, but it just goes to show you that even rich guys like Daniel Levy are just as impatient as the stupid ******* out there that ask you do do some work faster than it can physically be done - the classic "nine women can't make a baby in one month" scenario.

To be fair to DL, the even more open secret in building development is that construction in this country is painfully slow and painfully inefficient, so not against him playing hardball and putting in onerous penalty clauses.

It's about time the clients fought back I would say. Realism on both sides needed, but it's the constructors who have much more movement to do to. You only have to look at simple roadworks for instance and how much dead time there is. Much better planning and project management is needed. 

2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Ah, so that's what a club shop in a new stadium development is supposed to look like! ?

I have to say that our shop/ coffee shop/ sports bar is an excellent facility, that makes us look very credible. Clearly that Spurs stadium is a fantastic facility costing an ungodly amount of money, which we couldnt aspire to get close to.

unless you are comparing it to the memorial stadium? In which case the gap between them and us is bigger than the gap between us and tottenham.

4 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I have to say that our shop/ coffee shop/ sports bar is an excellent facility, that makes us look very credible. Clearly that Spurs stadium is a fantastic facility costing an ungodly amount of money, which we couldnt aspire to get close to.

unless you are comparing it to the memorial stadium? In which case the gap between them and us is bigger than the gap between us and tottenham.

Whilst I agree on the cafe and bar, do you honestly believe that the shop is an excellent facility? It's too small, too cramped, and nowhere enough stock range for a club of our size (not to mention a Premiership rugby team). 

To be fair the Spurs shop was very shoddy before the redevelopment. Very square, very basic and in much need of a revamp. I remember feeling very underwhelmed. The difference now is amazing. I think we did a quality development, like Spurs, but our shop is far too small and I believe when we do build the arena it will be part of that complex and more fit for purpose. Clubs like Cardiff for example did a whole new build but it looks and feels on the cheap end of the scale, I don’t think we can accuse City or Spurs of penny pinching. Our corporate facilities are very plush.

it all looks a bit excessive to me. I guess they have a lot of people in there but I hope they have got the acoustics right in the stands, that would be the most important thing to me, apart from the view of the pitch, the pitch itself and of course the toilet facilities :protest:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Quite impressed with the shop though! The third photo, the ‘building’ is within the shop and going to be their museum type place, this isn’t open yet.

9A98AE45-F39C-4F78-826D-BA5D116144A4.jpeg

6F510356-3BC0-4E27-9CD6-677A15E80D20.jpeg

9E268D65-DFF6-45D7-93C7-22E1716A14C6.jpeg

We think the AG redevelopment was pretty good, but when you see this they are in a completely different league ( pardon the pun).

Arsenal, Man U, Anfield, the proposed new Chelsea, Etihad and the like make you realise how far apart the really top clubs are from the rest these days.I would imagine the commercial value from these new stadia is massive.

Archived