IGNORED

Spurs' new ground (Merged)

phantom

20 hours ago, simon uk said:

Its obviously a huge project, and looks fantastic but that build has been massively mismanaged as far as ive heard.

looking back i dont recall any of those problem withthe ashton gate build

I worked on the new white heart lane for 6 months last year..AWFUL job. Completely mis managed. The man contractors ‘mace’ really are clueless.

Saw a video that a contractor had taken before the summer from the inside (walking across the sky bar thing), and after seeing that I turned to the woman I work with (Spurs supporter) and said

"There's no way you'll be in that ground until next summer (start of 2019/20 season)." 

She was adamant that it would be no later than Christmas.....

It will be to Spurs advantage to stay at Wembley for the rest of the season anyway. It took them long enough to start winning games when they started playing there.....

On 10/01/2019 at 11:19, 29AR said:

To be fair to DL, the even more open secret in building development is that construction in this country is painfully slow and painfully inefficient, so not against him playing hardball and putting in onerous penalty clauses.

It's about time the clients fought back I would say. Realism on both sides needed, but it's the constructors who have much more movement to do to. You only have to look at simple roadworks for instance and how much dead time there is. Much better planning and project management is needed. 

IIRC, London is one of the few places in the country where contractors are charged for time spent building on road works. Since changing to that format, road works were fixed in half the time.

In regards to big builds, I know that some companies take the piss, but I'd rather something take time over something going wrong.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:53, El Hombrecito said:

Whilst I agree on the cafe and bar, do you honestly believe that the shop is an excellent facility? It's too small, too cramped, and nowhere enough stock range for a club of our size (not to mention a Premiership rugby team). 

Wouldn't be surprised to see the club shop move into the new development, when it eventually opens.

• Admin

Tottenham's Premier League match against north London rivals Arsenal on 2 March will take place at Wembley because their new stadium is not ready.

Spurs were originally scheduled to move into the new ground in September but the project has suffered construction and "safety systems" delays.

The club recently said their new stadium would not be ready to host matches until at least March.

"Thank you all for bearing with us," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

"These next few weeks are pivotal."

Tottenham's next scheduled home game after the Arsenal fixture is against Crystal Palace on Sunday, 17 March.

However, that could be changed as it is the weekend of the FA Cup quarter-finals and Palace are still in the competition.

Why not give Spurs due credit? They've issues for sure but have delivered much already.

There's another club, name escapes me for the moment, who've been relocating to a new stadium these past 30 years and have yet to get to contractural agreement let alone break turf.....

Now, what were they called...?

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am amazed they don't just start from next season now

If they can get the test games in before the season closes it will make selling season tickets easier for next season when the whole of the stadium could open as opposed to a part role out such as we had.. 

Was used for the first time in a test event their U18's played, must be one of the best attended U18's games.... Have to say it looks great though, if you go through the hashatg #spursnewstadium then theres quite a few pictures.

18 minutes ago, Unan said:

Looks like a blue Emirates..

emirates-stadium-arsenal-north-east-stangun__1411130298_emiratesstadium_fisheye.

It’s so much more than the Emirates.

steep, over the pitch, close to the goals and that single tiered end is something to behold. The blueprint for fan led input and the antidote to a period of new builds like the emirates.

17 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

It’s so much more than the Emirates.

steep, over the pitch, close to the goals and that single tiered end is something to behold. The blueprint for fan led input and the antidote to a period of new builds like the emirates.

and don't forget the microbrewery. Also no cash accepted either within the stadium or in its surrounding campus

I can now see why Rovers have been claiming they have done as much work and improvements as Spurs to their "Stadium" - seems right on par with the Mem....

Archived