IGNORED

A Year ago Today

Stortz

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

What a night it was, despite the final score...

Incredible support throughout and a fantastic performance.

Getting old , grumpy and disillusioned with modern football.....

The one thing guaranteed to send a shiver down the spine still,  is a massive bank of City fans , Away , and in song

:clap:

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Getting old , grumpy and disillusioned with modern football.....

The one thing guaranteed to send a shiver down the spine still,  is a massive bank of City fans , Away , and in song

I look at that video though and think person taking it missed the penalty being taken, all that way to miss a key incident......

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I look at that video though and think person taking it missed the penalty being taken, all that way to miss a key incident......

Not taken by a City fan I don't think.

My abiding memory of that night is Flint's astounding clearance from under the bar. Watching live, I was sure we were in trouble because he had punched the ball over - it seemed the only way he could have cleared the ball from his position

It is one of the finest bits of defending I've ever seen - and not just from a City player.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Forgot that Adam Thurston did a great VLog of this trip

Not seen that before, still sounds awesome.

there I am , just to the right of the yellow jacket. ?

B8DD35E8-0961-4DDC-936C-2A51B25C60EE.png

An incredible evening and performance. Alan Green and Ally McCoist's 5 Live commentary on the game is worth a listen too. They both rated Flint's clearance from under the bar as one of the best they'd ever seen.

Going 1-0 up through Reid has to be the moment where I've felt the club has been at it's highest point in the time I've been a supporter. It genuinely felt like, at that point, we could beat any team in the land - including one in Manchester City that will go down as one of the best for many a year. We gave them a better game than probably 90% of teams in the Prem were at the time. Arguably, set the blueprint of how to beat them as well. Go and have a go instead of sitting back.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not seen that before, still sounds awesome.

And the best bit......we concede in injury time......and after some stunned dissapointment .....one of the loudest 

‘Ole......Ole.....s’ of the night

LJ  & Co , The players , and the fans were magnificent that night

If it was only feasible to take those 8000 away every game (And I speak as a rare away traveller now) you have to think we’d be in any promotion mix 

Was such a good performance- played when we got the chance, dug in when we had to, showed bravery in our whole approach- was down the pub with mates watching it, wish had been able to have been there. Undoubtedly all of those who were, rest assured the atmosphere came through brilliantly! All should be proud.

That Flint clearance-take a bow. Was about 70 mins in I started to fear defeat because we had so little bench strength due to all the injuries- the fresh legs of a fit O'Dowda off the bench for example may have given Man City something else to think about, to be a bit wary of.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And the best bit......we concede in injury time......and after some stunned dissapointment .....one of the loudest 

‘Ole......Ole.....s’ of the night

LJ  & Co , The players , and the fans were magnificent that night

If it was only feasible to take those 8000 away every game (And I speak as a rare away traveller now) you have to think we’d be in any promotion mix 

Same here, I rarely get to away games now( don’t tell anyone I’ll be looked down on ?). Had to take 2 days holiday to get to this one, worth it. 

I remember sitting, after they’d scored their 2nd, still had a huge grin on my face looking up at the support singing their heads off. Just brilliant.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

An incredible evening and performance. Alan Green and Ally McCoist's 5 Live commentary on the game is worth a listen too. They both rated Flint's clearance from under the bar as one of the best they'd ever seen.

Is that ............Aden Flint.......

Aden Flint.....the donkey ?

....that Aden Flint...........crap defender .......?

......that Aden Flint ......?

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I remember sitting, after they’d scored their 2nd, still had a huge grin on my face looking up at the support singing their heads off. Just brilliant.

Good comment that

My proudest City moments is looking at the FANS at Coventry , at Chester, at Anfield , at Bradford....Forest....Man City.....

The fans , in numbers , our Club......the fans 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Going 1-0 up through Reid has to be the moment where I've felt the club has been at it's highest point in the time I've been a supporter. It genuinely felt like, at that point, we could beat any team in the land - including one in Manchester City that will go down as one of the best for many a year. We gave them a better game than probably 90% of teams in the Prem were at the time. Arguably, set the blueprint of how to beat them as well. Go and have a go instead of sitting back.

For the first 20 minutes I sat there in complete disbelief that we were trying to adopt Guardiola's tactics against the man himself. Pressing high up the pitch and throwing numbers forward to counter attack quickly. I said to my mate that it was a complete suicide mission but what do I know about football. It was an amazing performance and I feel it provided other teams with a blueprint of how to play against City. 

I don't want to put a downer on the current season but it's so hard to have the same affinity with this year's squad as I did with the one from the prior season. I've been a fan since the early 2000s and I can only really think of the league one promotion side that I have such affection for. 

What a great day. The journey up, the build up walking around the stadium, being in the packed out away end, the penalty celebrations, the goal celebrations, Flint's clearance, Fielding's saves, Walsh coming on and looking like the greatest signing we've ever made. Mint scenes after the game too. 

I was stood in the very back row, it felt like every chant I started would spread through the crowd in an instant. 

A game where it felt like if I wasn't singing or making noise for the whole game I would've let my team down.

An absolutely amazing night and one I won't forget.

A year ago I was starting to try and get myself going again having previously been in a very bad place. Was able to go to the game only because of the generosity of @BobBobSuperBob and @BigAlToby&Liam, for which I am very grateful.

Fast forward a year and I have literally in the last 5 minutes got home from accepting a part time job to run alongside a bar job I took up roughly a month after the second leg.

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is that ............Aden Flint.......

Aden Flint.....the donkey ?

....that Aden Flint...........crap defender .......?

......that Aden Flint ......?

You're being a a bit disingenuous Bob.

On the Webster thread you posted that people were being critical of Flint, but at that point, as I read it, all the comment was in praise of Webster's performance, not criticism of Flint's. I think one poster said that Webster was a better defender than Flint,  and I suspect there will be many feeling that is the case, but there certainly was no mention of Flint being a donkey or crap defender.

We all have our own, and differing, opinions about players, but I strongly suspect that the vast majority of fans regarded Flint as one of our key players and , I'm sure many, like me, worried how he would be replaced when he left. That he has, and so successfully, is a reflection on Webster's ability, class and performances not Flint's lack of any of those attributes.

They are different players and at the moment Webster seems to be suiting us just fine.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

An absolutely amazing night and one I won't forget.

Fast forward a year and I have literally in the last 5 minutes got home from accepting a part time job to run alongside a bar job I took up roughly a month after the second leg.

Good on you James

A helping hand when times are tough what it’s all about but

the highlighted above is the best thing 

Good On you

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

You're being a a bit disingenuous Bob.

On the Webster thread you posted that people were being critical of Flint, but at that point, as I read it, all the comment was in praise of Webster's performance, not criticism of Flint's. I think one poster said that Webster was a better defender than Flint,  and I suspect there will be many feeling that is the case, but there certainly was no mention of Flint being a donkey or crap defender.

We all have our own, and differing, opinions about players, but I strongly suspect that the vast majority of fans regarded Flint as one of our key players and , I'm sure many, like me, worried how he would be replaced when he left. That he has, and so successfully, is a reflection on Webster's ability, class and performances not Flint's lack of any of those attributes.

They are different players and at the moment Webster seems to be suiting us just fine.

There have been a number of ‘donkey’ labels I promise you

Archived