IGNORED

Southend United

phantom

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weird how Southend’s registered address seems to be in Hertfordshire according to that document...

Didn't realise their pier was that long!

Football support and hatred is often tinged with irrationalities, and silly little reasons that dictate a person's opinion of an entire club.

My old school bully supported Southend. Funnily enough, he wasn't really that good at that whole bullying thing, but still, he was a knob-end. Probably still is, just the people that he would try to target have now moved onto better things and places, and if a bully insults and nobody is there to hear it, does he really exist?

The point of this little ramble? Well, despite the fact I should be rooting for 'Sarf-ehnd' in the interests of Taylor Moore, I hope they go under in a really undignified fashion,  and that their ground somehow falls into the sea and ends up partially washed up on some Norwegian beach.

12 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Football support and hatred is often tinged with irrationalities, and silly little reasons that dictate a person's opinion of an entire club.

My old school bully supported Southend. Funnily enough, he wasn't really that good at that whole bullying thing, but still, he was a knob-end. Probably still is, just the people that he would try to target have now moved onto better things and places, and if a bully insults and nobody is there to hear it, does he really exist?

The point of this little ramble? Well, despite the fact I should be rooting for 'Sarf-ehnd' in the interests of Taylor Moore, I hope they go under in a really undignified fashion,  and that their ground somehow falls into the sea and ends up partially washed up on some Norwegian beach.

Isn't life strange?

I read, enjoyed and was amused by your post, but just could not prevent my feelings of empathy disappearing when I noticed the wording on your avatar. 

I acknowledge that you are referring to the Rovers fan's attack on the minibus and, indeed, most probably (hopefully) do not mean any offence, but has it ever occurred to you that some who read and post on here may suffer from cerebral palsy? 

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Isn't life strange?

I read, enjoyed and was amused by your post, but just could not prevent my feelings of empathy disappearing when I noticed the wording on your avatar. 

I acknowledge that you are referring to the Rovers fan's attack on the minibus and, indeed, most probably (hopefully) do not mean any offence, but has it ever occurred to you that some who read and post on here may suffer from cerebral palsy? 

I have considered that in the past, but its only purpose is a direct quote from the video to provide further context, and for people to remember the bemused Northern accent that greeted the attempt at a human battering ram. It certainly is not a reflection of any opinions I have, and if anything further reflects how pathetic and juvenile the situation I am referring to is- both for the Rovers fan for headbutting the window and the Oldham fan for using an inappropriate term. Watching the original video, I realised that both parties were in the wrong in some way, and that is what my avatar reflects; two idiots 'colliding'; perhaps literally if it wasn't for the placement of that van window.

Yes, it is borderline, but that is where much risque or 'darker' humour lies; in that line. Therefore, I decided to keep it since it is not an attack on those who suffer from cerebral palsy, but rather two idiots.

Thank you for choosing to emphasise with me, but honestly I don't need it. As I said, he was a rather incompetent bully and there are many others out there which are subjected to far worse.

54 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I have considered that in the past, but its only purpose is a direct quote from the video to provide further context, and for people to remember the bemused Northern accent that greeted the attempt at a human battering ram. It certainly is not a reflection of any opinions I have, and if anything further reflects how pathetic and juvenile the situation I am referring to is- both for the Rovers fan for headbutting the window and the Oldham fan for using an inappropriate term. Watching the original video, I realised that both parties were in the wrong in some way, and that is what my avatar reflects; two idiots 'colliding'; perhaps literally if it wasn't for the placement of that van window.

Yes, it is borderline, but that is where much risque or 'darker' humour lies; in that line. Therefore, I decided to keep it since it is not an attack on those who suffer from cerebral palsy, but rather two idiots.

Thank you for choosing to emphasise with me, but honestly I don't need it. As I said, he was a rather incompetent bully and there are many others out there which are subjected to far worse.

Thank You for a most worthy and, I am sure, a genuine response.

For the record, I believe I have read enough of your posts on this forum to know that your avatar was not intended to be cruel or malicious; I just thought it a little bit clumsy, although your response clarifies both your views and my misinterpretation thereof - for which I apologise.  

Finally, and for what it is worth, whilst I share your thoughts about football support and hatred being tinged with irrationalities, my empathy referred as much to your childhood bullying as to your uncharitable, yet amusing, comments about Southend.   

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

For the record, I believe I have read enough of your posts on this forum to know that your avatar was not intended to be cruel or malicious; I just thought it a little bit clumsy, although your response clarifies both your views and my misinterpretation thereof - for which I apologise.  

Finally, and for what it is worth, whilst I share your thoughts about football support and hatred being tinged with irrationalities, my empathy referred as much to your childhood bullying as to your uncharitable, yet amusing, comments about Southend.   

I like to think that I am one of the posters on here that takes care in how I write a post unless I am in a hurry, but I think that these two posts are perhaps among the most erudite and well written ones I have ever seen. For some reason I am picturing the two of you in an upmarket gentlemans club sitting in wingback chairs whilst reaching for a nice glass of port. :) 

Paul-Whitehouse.jpg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My business is registered in Lytham St Annes (where my Accountant is based).

Yes but that’s probably because you haven’t got an office or premises from which you work? Sole traders, limited companies or partnerships who don’t own or rent business space always use the address of their accountants as their registered address, but if you have a place of business, as a football club has, that would be your address normally....

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I like to think that I am one of the posters on here that takes care in how I write a post unless I am in a hurry, but I think that these two posts are perhaps among the most erudite and well written ones I have ever seen. For some reason I am picturing the two of you in an upmarket gentlemans club sitting in wingback chairs whilst reaching for a nice glass of port. :) 

Paul-Whitehouse.jpg

Aaahh, Rowley Birkin.  Still makes me chuckle!

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thank you very much! Glad we could discuss it properly and resolve it. 

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Paul-Whitehouse.jpg

If only more of the internet were like it eh?  

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes but that’s probably because you haven’t got an office or premises from which you work? Sole traders, limited companies or partnerships who don’t own or rent business space always use the address of their accountants as their registered address, but if you have a place of business, as a football club has, that would be your address normally....

My trading address is my home.  That’s where my office is.  But I don’t want my hone address plastered over companies house website! ?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My trading address is my home.  That’s where my office is.  But I don’t want my hone address plastered over companies house website! ?

Exactly what I meant....people who don’t have separate business addresses to their homes use trading addresses which are typically their accountant’s address....that’s common practice - but Roots Hall is a business site....oh well....

Watching the goals  on Sky Sports round up, Sarfend had a 17 year old debutant today. He scored from inside his own half.

Their PR dept just need to big the lad up now and then the club sell him for so many millions and debt crisis averted...............for a while.

Archived