IGNORED

Andy Murray

Super

On 11/01/2019 at 21:07, joe jordans teeth said:

Nothing at all,but not every man does and he was just stating his opinion 

He is entitled to his opinion but quite frankly, just because he didn’t cry doesn’t mean others can’t. He was just uncomfortable with it and it seems like the majority agree that his opinion is outdated.  (Much like a lot of the stuff he says - the world has moved on). Was good to hear many others, like McCoist etc, on the station say he had the problem not Murray. 

For someone who is Scottish I was surprised he didn’t stick up for arguably his country’s greatest ever sportsman. 

On 11/01/2019 at 06:09, Super said:

Plans to retire after Wimbledon but says it could be after the Aussie Open. That interview was a tough watch.

I feel for him and wonder how the poor pet will manage to continue through life. I doubt the £80m odd in the bank will be enough.

56 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I feel for him and wonder how the poor pet will manage to continue through life. I doubt the £80m odd in the bank will be enough.

Yes he shouldn't feel upset that his career has been cut short. Jeez.

23 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes he shouldn't feel upset that his career has been cut short. Jeez.

I'm sure his career can continue as a coach or similar a lot like many other sportspersons. Life hasn't come to a dramatic and violent end. I'm sure Tesco are hiring somewhere if needs be. Jeez.

BTW who is this Jeez chap ? Wasn't he associated with Wooster ?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I'm sure his career can continue as a coach or similar a lot like many other sportspersons. Life hasn't come to a dramatic and violent end. I'm sure Tesco are hiring somewhere if needs be. Jeez.

BTW who is this Jeez chap ? Wasn't he associated with Wooster ?

He has trouble putting his socks on, that's the damage to his hip.  At 31 that's quite a sacrifice wouldn't you say? 

25 minutes ago, TomF said:

He has trouble putting his socks on, that's the damage to his hip.  At 31 that's quite a sacrifice wouldn't you say? 

No I wouldn't.  I am waiting to have 2 new knees and putting socks on has been a problem for the last 20 years (as is walking up and down stairs) despite 5 cartilage operations.  Regrettably I don't have quite so many millions in the bank to have the replacement op done privately. FFS where is this "Andy Murray has been hard done by sentiment" coming from. He is 31 years old, rich beyond our comprehension for playing a game. We've all had proper jobs. Life needs to move on and he needs to grow the **** up.

46 minutes ago, Midred said:

Always wonder why Jamie, his brother, who has won far more prizes, (in the doubles ), than Andy, (in the singles), never gets the same acknowledgement?

Might want to check your facts.

17 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Murray (Andy) has won 3 slams (2 Wimbledon’s and the US Open) in a era with 3 greats (Federer , Nadal, Djokovic) he has also won the Davis Cup alongside two Olympic Singles golds and a Mixed Doubles Silver.

Jamie has won 6 slams (in doubles and mixed doubles) so he has double the chance of Andy as he competes in both. 

Andy has won far more tournaments than Jamie (not just slams)

12 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Murray (Andy) has won 3 slams (2 Wimbledon’s and the US Open) in a era with 3 greats (Federer , Nadal, Djokovic) he has also won the Davis Cup alongside two Olympic Singles golds and a Mixed Doubles Silver.

Jamie has won 6 slams (in doubles and mixed doubles) so he has double the chance of Andy as he competes in both. 

Thanks. I think Andy used to play in mixed doubles as well.

I worded my post badly. It's more that the grand slams appear to be the currency that apparently make Andy the better player?

(Sorry, I know what I mean!)

Archived