IGNORED

what do we want Leeds v Derby friday night?

Never to the dark side

There are a potential 3 points available to either of the 2 top 6 sides. A draw means that only 2 of those points are allocated, so if we harbour any ambitions of effecting the top 6 places, it’s better for them to only gain 2 of the available 3 points. 

If one team is going to win, then I hope it’s the one that’s furthest out of our reach, so for me I’d like a draw, but if one team has to win, then hope it’s Leeds. 

Leeds in their current situation will almost definitely be in playoffs, looking the strongest they have in years with a good manager, they are already on 51 points already with 20 still to play. 

We are best hoping for a Leeds win, means with a win the playoffs could then be within a another wins worth of points.

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Leeds in their current situation will almost definitely be in playoffs, looking the strongest they have in years with a good manager, they are already on 51 points already with 20 still to play. 

We are best hoping for a Leeds win, means with a win the playoffs could then be within a another wins worth of points.

This. It’s blindingly obvious isn’t it? Leeds are 13pts ahead of us and almost certainly uncatchable. Derby are just 5 points ahead, which (again to state the obvious) reduces to 2 if they lose tonight and we beat Bolton. Why would you want any other outcome?

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

If we didn't let Ayling go then we couldn't have afforded Tammy's loan 

Do we know that to be the case? Is so, then it’s a fair point, but I’m not sure any of us has that detailed an understanding of the club’s financial workings at that precise time. If you do, then I bow to you superior knowledge.

3 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Do we know that to be the case? Is so, then it’s a fair point, but I’m not sure any of us has that detailed an understanding of the club’s financial workings at that precise time. If you do, then I bow to you superior knowledge.

LJ commented on it. No need to be an arse.. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnsons-take-luke-ayling-652122 

Archived