IGNORED

Aitor Karanka

Super

If the owner was trying to influence team selection and tactics then no strong manager at this level is going to accept that.

I am sure that Karanka is not worrying about this months bills and feeding his kids so he has the ability to walk as he clearly has done.

Be interesting to see where they go from here, football is a small world, and I am sure word will have got out on how things are there assuming the reports are correct.

It looks like the owner expects auto promotion whilst playing attractive expansive football - don't we all! But that is not the reality in this league.

My guess is another foreign HC on Mendes books will be a front runner.

Job for Jose? ( joking)

16 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

If the owner was trying to influence team selection and tactics then no strong manager at this level is going to accept that.

I am sure that Karanka is not worrying about this months bills and feeding his kids so he has the ability to walk as he clearly has done.

Be interesting to see where they go from here, football is a small world, and I am sure word will have got out on how things are there assuming the reports are correct.

It looks like the owner expects auto promotion whilst playing attractive expansive football - don't we all! But that is not the reality in this league.

My guess is another foreign HC on Mendes books will be a front runner.

Job for Jose? ( joking)

My outside tip for it is Jardim.

Did great work at Monaco until it finally declined this year, think he has a Mendes connection and has managed Olympiakos before. He maybe aiming higher than Forest at this stage though. Their transfer policy caught up with them finally, but he is used to selling his best players and rebuilding- oh and his football is rather good in the main!

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Apparently turned down Stoke so maybe he is looking at a higher level.

Different squads though, I would think a lot of Managers would look at the bloated Stoke squad and wonder how much they can move on before getting their own players in. Forest have a relatively young squad with potential already.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He did 

Ill take LJ over him all day long

You must have had a skinful when you made your new year resolutions this year Bob! :)

2 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

As much as we get frustrated with city and sometime criticize Lee Johnson, thank god we are a sensibly run club with some stability. The city players know that the club will back the manager and they don't wield the power. Forest haven't started and ended the season with the same manager since 2010. That is no way to run a club.

Absolutely spot on. Something I’ve been saying for quite some time. COYR 

4 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

As much as we get frustrated with city and sometime criticize Lee Johnson, thank god we are a sensibly run club with some stability. The city players know that the club will back the manager and they don't wield the power. Forest haven't started and ended the season with the same manager since 2010. That is no way to run a club.

Absolutely right on both counts. I think the players are aware of the relationship between owner and coach at AG and know better than to try it on (unless you're Tomlin, of course, and we saw what happened to him).

As for Forest, 11 managers in a little short of 8 years is madness, as you say. You couldn't run a market stall successfully with that degree of discontinuity, let alone a Championship football  club. I don't know exactly where they were in the league at the start of that orgy of hiring and firing, but my guess is that the overall net progress achieved is zero. An object lesson in how not to do it for people who are quick to call for managerial change in the face of short-term set-backs in results.

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

His name sounds to me like a magic spell .

Aitor Karanka and the door mysteriously slammed in his face .

Karanka casting that spell

Severus.jpg.9cee224091fc5effc97a88c54bd3ff59.jpg

While Severus Snape steps down as Forest manager

Katanka.jpg.d0e028e7d768c73978341f953dbd8d5b.jpg

Separated at birth?

Here's a thread started in 2011 when Forest dispensed with the services of Sean O'Driscoll and it's been continued through each subsequent Manager. http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35114

On page 11; As mentioned above, AK walked. SOD at least had the bollocks to stand strong under a stupid ownership until he got sacked for the good of the fans.

AK is weak and ultimately a loser who has walked because he hasn't the bottle for the fight in hand.

All hail our wise and super professional Greek overlords.

Archived