IGNORED

Dirty Leeds ! (Merged)

phantom

6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes. Leeds had a wage cap of £15k until last season, Ayling won’t be on that and we have players at the club currently on higher than that. Don’t believe everything you read.

After  Ayling went to Leeds LJ verbally said in an interview that Ayling had been offered a great deal by Leeds that City wouldn’t/couldn’t match.

That nvolved a significant wage increase plus a generous signing  on fee.

As I posted just now - no doubt Ayling pissed up antics at the races was seen as an embarrassment to the club and the senior guys at AG took a dim view of it.

Aylings time at AG was always gonna be limited after that.

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

LJ should take note of Bielsa’s willingness to play the best young academy players. I know most of ours are out on loan tho. 

Besides those starting

Average age on the bench ......19

Not been put together with big signings have they

LJ claims WE are a young inexperienced side 

:laughcont:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Besides those starting

Average age on the bench ......19

Not been put together with big signings have they

LJ claims WE are a young inexperienced side 

:laughcont:

Big couple of years coming up for the club and LJ (who I presume will still be here). 

In terms of whether or not we give all these promising youngsters a chance.

I'm yet to see evidence that LJ is a man who will do that.

1 hour ago, Tammy JR said:

Don't care about scoreline used to quite like leeds back in the day?? Hate them now what a shit run football club

'Back in the day', bloody hell, how old are you?

I've been following football for 50 years and they've always been dirty, cheating cun*s.

When were they ever an acceptable team to follow (unless you're from Leeds)?

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My dislike of dirty Leeds goes back to the 70s under Don Revie. Jackie Charlton, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Paul Madely Norman Hunter, Allan Clarke, Mick Jones..... all these years later I still remember their names.......

Peter Lorimer and Gary Sprake

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll never forget Sprake throwing the ball into his own net..............:rofl2br:

I hated Leeds with those number things on their socks

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My dislike of dirty Leeds goes back to the 70s under Don Revie. Jackie Charlton, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Paul Madely Norman Hunter, Allan Clarke, Mick Jones..... all these years later I still remember their names.......

Terry Cooper

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Running down his contract

What a load of made up tosh

As LJ explained at the time he had told LA that his game Time here would be limited and ‘understood’ when Lleds madevtheir offer that LA was interested

Still ,.....  others (shock) liked the jackanory

What I like about you BBSB is your the only other poster on here that remembers those things. The amount of re engineered history on here is sometimes hard to ignore. 

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You can't really blame the players.

Not their fault I know but it’s gaining an advantage by cheating whichever way you look at it, and as Lampard said he knew the Derby starting 11 and that their star man Harry Wilson wouldn’t be playing.

5 hours ago, Oops said:

Leeds United ?

Right up there with Wolves and Cardiff.

Horrible place, shit fans, and a massive sense of entitlement.

I hope FFP catches up with you soon ?

They made a profit season before last. Not a chance of failing FFP. 

10 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Nonsense that mate, the authorities clamp down on Leeds very regularly and sometimes perhaps unfairly.

Absolutely spot.

This whole spy thing is a non-event for me. Been happening for years & no big deal but now it is because Leeds are involved. Of course, Frank Lampard is a media darling so major uproar in his defence.

No rules broken of which I am aware but not beyond the EFL or FA to make a special case because its Leeds.

Charlie Nicholas called it right on the Debate programme following the match.

Time to move on.

* spot on!

This whole spying situation is hopefully looked into fully as I doubt very much this would have been the first time Leeds have used this tactic...

Also, nice to hear Chelsea refused a loan request from Derby for Ampadu. Lampard must have assumed that he would only need to ask and Chelsea would give him whatever he wanted!

11 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

One of the daftest decisions of recent times getting rid of him. Top player, top bloke.

Selling Ayling wasn't necessarily a matter of his footballing ability. What is annoying is how little we got for selling him to Leeds. Just hope there is a decent sell-on clause.

Archived