IGNORED

Dirty Leeds ! (Merged)

phantom

Leeds looked comfortably better and I expect them to go up. Good result for us too if we are to sneak into the playoffs. 

All teams do a lot of homework on each other before game so not sure to what extent this spying involved but essentially teams will pretty much know the team and tactics of the other team before game anyway. 

11 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

'Back in the day', bloody hell, how old are you?

I've been following football for 50 years and they've always been dirty, cheating cun*s.

When were they ever an acceptable team to follow (unless you're from Leeds)?

To be fair, aside from Lee Bowyer, I quite liked the Leeds team that was in the Champions League under David O'Leary.

1 hour ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Absolutely spot.

This whole spy thing is a non-event for me. Been happening for years & no big deal but now it is because Leeds are involved. Of course, Frank Lampard is a media darling so major uproar in his defence.

No rules broken of which I am aware but not beyond the EFL or FA to make a special case because its Leeds.

Charlie Nicholas called it right on the Debate programme following the match.

Time to move on.

* spot on!

Yet I suspect if it come out 2moro that they spied on us in training then your tune would suddenly change.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What I would do the next time we play Leeds, give security the day off, make it as easy as possible for the Leeds spies to watch us train and then set up in a completely different way to how we will set up in the match. Play them at their own game.

We do anyway.  Team and tactics chosen by tombola on the morning of the game doncha know!

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

After  Ayling went to Leeds LJ verbally said in an interview that Ayling had been offered a great deal by Leeds that City wouldn’t/couldn’t match.

That nvolved a significant wage increase plus a generous signing  on fee.

As I posted just now - no doubt Ayling pissed up antics at the races was seen as an embarrassment to the club and the senior guys at AG took a dim view of it.

Aylings time at AG was always gonna be limited after that.

Do you always believe everything you hear or read that comes from the mouths of football managers? We talked about this on another thread....you seem to think that because LJ has said something then it is the gospel truth and he is incapable of embellishing any of the real situation...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you always believe everything you hear or read that comes from the mouths of football managers? We talked about this on another thread....you seem to think that because LJ has said something then it is the gospel truth and he is incapable of embellishing any of the real situation...

And I replied by saying that why would LJ lie on an topic that’s easily researched?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And I replied by saying that why would LJ lie on an topic that’s easily researched?

The wages is a smokescreen in an attempt to minimise the poor decision 

Also claims he had to to fund Mathews and Tammy loan

What he said shortly after LA left was he had told LA that his game time may be limited and when Leeds came in LA was understandably interested 

Any wages from Leeds that were subsequently offered only became relevant when LA revealed to the player he wasn’t in his plans . (see Pembertons comments on LA leaving) and they accepted Leeds offer 

....... but you probably don’t get that 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The wages is a smokescreen in an attempt to minimise the poor decision 

Any wages from Leeds that were subsequently offered only became relevant when LA revealed to the player he wasn’t in his plans . (see Pembertons comments on LA leaving) and they accepted Leeds offer 

....... but you probably don’t get that 

So.......Aylings pissed up antics at Cheltenham had no bearing whatsoever on why he was  told that he’s not in LJs plans? 

is that what you don’t get? :dunno:

By behaving as he did Ayling  seriously let the club down and caused embarrassment and no doubt the likes of MA and LJ couldn’t wait to see him transfered out.

That episode led to why he was allowed to go.

Of course LJ isn’t going to reveal that was real reason.........no manager would.

This from the BBC website this morning.

Head coach Marcelo Bielsa will be "reminded of the integrity and honesty" of Leeds United after he admitted sending a staff member to 'spy' on a Derby County training session.

Those of us that remember Leeds in the 60s and 70s, might find being "reminded of the integrity and honesty of Leeds United",  grates a little!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

So.......Aylings pissed up antics at Cheltenham had no bearing whatsoever on why he was  told that he’s not in LJs plans? 

is that what you don’t get? :dunno:

By behaving as he did Ayling  seriously let the club down and caused embarrassment and no doubt the likes of MA and LJ couldn’t wait to see him transfered out.

That episode led to why he was allowed to go.

Of course LJ isn’t going to reveal that was real reason.........no manager would.

But you have said that LJ never has a reason to lie - now you’re saying ‘of course he wouldn’t reveal the real reason’ - so you accept the reason he gave wasn’t true then?!

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If you know where to look...

Go on then, tell us how much LA earned at City and how much he earns at Leeds and prove it’s a credible source..

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you have said that LJ never has a reason to lie - now you’re saying ‘of course he wouldn’t reveal the real reason’ - so you accept the reason he gave wasn’t true then?!

Go on then, tell us how much LA earned at City and how much he earns at Leeds and prove it’s a credible source..

It’s confidential BS4.

If I revealed my source I’d be denied access.

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Running down his contract

What a load of made up tosh

As LJ explained at the time he had told LA that his game Time here would be limited and ‘understood’ when Lleds madevtheir offer that LA was interested

Still ,.....  others (shock) liked the jackanory

You believe what you want to believe Bob.

Bristol City first team coach John Pemberton has revealed that the club’s change in formation prompted the Robins to sell Luke Ayling to Leeds United in the summer. 

The 25-year-old, whose side will travel to Ashton Gate for a Championship fixture on Tuesday night, will return to his former hunting ground for the first time since he joined the Whites on a three-year deal in August.

Ayling was a vital player for Bristol City when they deployed him as one of three centre-backs, but his role in the team was reduced once manager Lee Johnson decided to alter the Robins’ formation.

However, Pemberton insisted that Ayling, who plays as a right-back for the Yorkshire giants, is a good player, which can be seen by him moving to a club of Leeds’ stature. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bristol City first team coach John Pemberton has revealed that the club’s change in formation prompted the Robins to sell Luke Ayling to Leeds United in the summer. 

The 25-year-old, whose side will travel to Ashton Gate for a Championship fixture on Tuesday night, will return to his former hunting ground for the first time since he joined the Whites on a three-year deal in August.

Ayling was a vital player for Bristol City when they deployed him as one of three centre-backs, but his role in the team was reduced once manager Lee Johnson decided to alter the Robins’ formation.

However, Pemberton insisted that Ayling, who plays as a right-back for the Yorkshire giants, is a good player, which can be seen by him moving to a club of Leeds’ stature. 

No surprise that the real reason Ayling was allowed to move isn’t mentioned.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you said it was ‘easily researched’ so that means it’s in the public domain....now you say it’s confidential ?! You really are confusing....

The site I sometimes use is one source that agents use, nuff said..

On 11/01/2019 at 21:41, TomF said:

Derby were a proper nasty side. Reminded me of a Warnock type side 

What I would say about that is that they were rattled- too pumped up almost- which was part of the reason why IMO.

Very, very angry about Spygate- doubtless Lampard's team talk was such. Possibly they were knocked out of kilter psychologically and mentally. 

Doesn't detract from Leeds being a better side and the better side, but definitely at the same time Derby didn't do themselves justice in a footballing and disciplinary sense- they've been better than that this season and overall under Lampard, they're better than that.

Overall though? It's bad and shouldn't be encouraged, but when was football especially in the 2000's moralistic?

Put it this way, sure it's happened before, probably happens now and will likely happen in the future.

I'm sure Leeds would take it to the CAS if docked points for example- and given the PL fined Palace £25,000 for something similar in 2014, there is a legal precedent right there. Fine and touchline ban.

On 12/01/2019 at 19:15, Robbored said:

The site I sometimes use is one source that agents use, nuff said..

Must be secret agents then, so this one?

611649284_manfromuncle.jpg.b0738f7ab7f9b9d8a3e1cbbfe9056d8e.jpg

nuff said. :)

Archived