IGNORED

A young supporter lost thanks Bristol Sport

pjg11

Thanks Bristol Sport due to your ignorance and lack of understanding my son doesn't want to support you anymore and has given all his city stuff to his cousin.He would have been forth generation city fan after his great grandad grandad and me . Bristol have stopped that for now. I just hope I can get him back.. Now this may seem trivial to adults but my son is ten. My son has had a lot of problems at school and was taken out of mainstream school I was told he may never get back into a normal school. After 18 months of hard work he actually got himself back to normal school. 12 months on he has been voted headboy quite outstanding progress from where he was . As you can imagine I'm very proud of him. One of the things he pledged was to get new goalnets for the school. It is a small school but runs girls and boys teams and are football daft .He had an idea to ask the club if they had any old nets that were still useable that they could donate he didn't want money or anything else . So my son sent Bristol Sport an email . We had a corporate response with a link to a charity application form . I filled it in making sure it was known this was a ten year old asking not a charity. The form has sections on it you have to put a response in stuff that really not helpful to his request. We sent it off . This was early December .i then phoned and explained this is just a young lad not a charity asking . His application has been completely blanked . Nothing back at all an email to say sorry no would've been fine .he really wasn't taking anything for granted a no would have been ok its the fact he's been blanked that's upset him . Surely it takes no time and costs nothing to reply . And to read the email and understand its a kid not an adult who has contacted you .Its not about the nets its about a ten yr old who showed initiative and deserves an answer. After the fiasco of offering him a pint of lager at the Shrewsbury friendly as they had ran out of soft drinks on baking hot day . I wonder where Bristol Sport is going with young fans .

5 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

Thanks Bristol Sport due to your ignorance and lack of understanding my son doesn't want to support you anymore and has given all his city stuff to his cousin.He would have been forth generation city fan after his great grandad grandad and me . Bristol have stopped that for now. I just hope I can get him back.. Now this may seem trivial to adults but my son is ten. My son has had a lot of problems at school and was taken out of mainstream school I was told he may never get back into a normal school. After 18 months of hard work he actually got himself back to normal school. 12 months on he has been voted headboy quite outstanding progress from where he was . As you can imagine I'm very proud of him. One of the things he pledged was to get new goalnets for the school. It is a small school but runs girls and boys teams and are football daft .He had an idea to ask the club if they had any old nets that were still useable that they could donate he didn't want money or anything else . So my son sent Bristol Sport an email . We had a corporate response with a link to a charity application form . I filled it in making sure it was known this was a ten year old asking not a charity. The form has sections on it you have to put a response in stuff that really not helpful to his request. We sent it off . This was early December .i then phoned and explained this is just a young lad not a charity asking . His application has been completely blanked . Nothing back at all an email to say sorry no would've been fine .he really wasn't taking anything for granted a no would have been ok its the fact he's been blanked that's upset him . Surely it takes no time and costs nothing to reply . And to read the email and understand its a kid not an adult who has contacted you .Its not about the nets its about a ten yr old who showed initiative and deserves an answer. After the fiasco of offering him a pint of lager at the Shrewsbury friendly as they had ran out of soft drinks on baking hot day . I wonder where Bristol Sport is going with young fans .

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO perhaps you can put this in front of the correct person who can help?

This could easily be a clerical error or a mistake by somebody. Shame he is packing it in as a supporter so quickly. 

Its not an every day request so sure the club will get back now.  I’ve always found them to be very helpful with young fans and I know others have too.

Hope it gets sorted and your boys faith is restored.

It's a big organisation and sometimes things, particularly unusual requests such as your son's, go astray as there isn't a particular person dealing with them as there would be on standard requests.  We've all forgotten to do things at work.

Giving Matt Parsons, who has more of a general remit, the opportunity to address it would be fairest.

• The topic was locked

Archived