IGNORED

City Players do an Admiral Lord Nelson against Bolton

Never to the dark side

When Lord Nelson lined up at the battle of Trafalgar against the

combined Navy's of the French and Spanish.

Nelson decided to go straight through the French and Spanish,

broadside. 

Firing all guns from both sides of his ships.

Let's hope the City players can do a reenactment this afternoon.

Straight through the Bolton defence

A team that are the lowest scorers in the Championship at seventeen(17) goals

Good plan @Never to the dark side but remember what happened to Horatio Nelson. He was shot and in the hour of victory he said the famous words “Kiss me Hardy”. I can’t imagine LJ, if he collapsed through excitement and was lying on the pitch, saying “Kiss me Scotty”

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Second best defence against the worst attack, nailed on 5-4 thriller

Funny but I've had a feeling all week that will score 5 but I'm not sure we have that fall apart mentality now so I'll be kind and give Bolton 1...... 5.1 it is get your money on people.....

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good plan @Never to the dark side but remember what happened to Horatio Nelson. He was shot and in the hour of victory he said the famous words “Kiss me Hardy”. I can’t imagine LJ, if he collapsed through excitement and was lying on the pitch, saying “Kiss me Scotty”

Last words we're "thank God I have done my duty"........ part of 'Lee's post match 'pressie??....

39 minutes ago, Olé said:

The comparisons are there for all to see.

Well it's obvious. Lord Nelson is a pub in Churchill. Churchill was a British Prime Minister, during the war. During the war was the catchphrase of Uncle Albert, whose show was filmed at Ashton Gate 

Also a Prime Minister is Mrs May. May sounds like Kay , and Vernon Kay is from Bolton.

Nelson was shot by a sniper,

not sure if it was a french or Spanish sniper.

Did the Surgeon  dig the ball out from Nelson and see if it said "made in Spain" or "made in France"

Having said that according to the film Waterloo

One of Wellington's upstarts said to Wellington

Thiers Napoleon,

can I take a pot shot at him sir?

Certainly NOT said Wellington

Well Christopher Plummer said it anyway.

If its good enough for the Sound of Music

its good enough for me

The back page headline on this weekend's Bristol Post is (alongside a picture of LJ seemingly talking in to an invisible mobile phone) "No Room For Complacency".   I can't bring any examples to mind, but I seem to remember that, with Bristol City, if there is any talk of avoiding complacency prior to a fixture where there is a general expectation of a win, we invariable see a poor performance and result that has a "we just had to turn up to win" attitude all over it.

Just by talking about not being complacent, is the management team sowing the seeds of complacency, that the players never had in the first place?  It just seems to happen every time.

42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He tripped over that bloody plaque that’s on the deck. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Reminds me of when Ranieri was sacked from Leicester.

Stunned and overcome with emotion he pleaded to his striker, 'Kiss me Vardy.' :crying:

49 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Nelson was shot by a sniper,

not sure if it was a french or Spanish sniper.

Did the Surgeon  dig the ball out from Nelson and see if it said "made in Spain" or "made in France"

It was a French sniper. 

HMS Victory became entangled with the French ship Redoubtable and Nelson was shot through the shoulder and the ball went down through him diagonally, but missing vital organs which is why he was killed instantly.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was a French sniper. 

HMS Victory became entangled with the French ship Redoubtable and Nelson was shot through the shoulder and the ball went down through him diagonally, but missing vital organs which is why he was killed instantly.

Would that have been pronounced "Ray-doo-ta-blay" back in the day by the French blokes??  

Je suis juste un peu curieux, mon ami.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

broadside. 

Bearing in mind how mamby pandy thr rules on tackling are today, won't we get a lot of red cards if we fire guns at them from both sides? And how do we get the guns in to the Lansdown and Dolman , without peeing off the stewards?

All very well for Nelson, but did he have a proper Risk Assessment or was his arm bent?

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It’s a pity he didn’t win the battle of Santa Cruz - the Canary Islands would have now been ours if he had. 

Admiral Blake did, who was Nelson's hero. Also born in Bridgewater.

At the moment it seems like we are firing blanks. Admiral David Beatty's quote at Jutland 'there is something wrong with our strikers today' springs to mind...

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

broadside. 

Let's hope that we don't do a Prince Albert.

Archived