IGNORED

Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day 27

Septic Peg

An eventful week.

A cold January monday began with the FA Cup draw. Many wanted a PL team again, many wanted Accrington or Barnet. We got....... Bolton.

Yep, the same game we play today will be mirrored on a Friday in a few weeks time. But this week hasn't been without scandal for our opposition today...

Most tree huggers normally throw their organic wigs at the possibility of a forest being felled. Anyone remember Spider and Emily from Corrie? Clambering up a bloody gert tree whilst overweight builders stood below beside their JCBs and munched bacon sarnies and called the rozzers.

But not Dale Vince.

Mr Eco threw a right paddy earlier when it conspired that Bolton didn't pay FGR's on loan player for the last four months. Threatening court action, Mr Vince is taking a leaf out of ex Rovers chair Mr Higgs and will now probably meet Bolton chair Ken Anderson over a board table with a bunch of lawyers and a judge.

Bolton truly look like they are in the shit. But I have to applaud Dale Vince once more. Upping the level of shithousing, FGR started selling these...

T-shirt
The fundraising T-shirts refer to Ken Anderson, whose consortium took control of Bolton in 2016

Raising money for the Bolton supporters trust, Bolton fans also intend to make the 300 mile round journey and accept the free pint offered by Vince to Bolton fans at FGR's home game v Bury next week. 

Expect some sad faces today in the Atyeo. They want it over and done with. They've had enough of the BS and corporate bollocks. I can't blame them.

Sorry about this unimaginative thread today. I'm unwell. What I thought was a bad hangover from New Years has actually been diagnosed as severe tonsillitis and mononucleosis aka glandular fever. So I'm off to cough my guts up and take a boat load of antibiotics.

City to win 2-0.

COYRs!

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Maybe not as confident as some people, Bolton could be a bit of a wounded animal - would be happy with 1-0 or 2-0 if it’s comfortable enough.

Early goal for us key.

I've often felt this... and then the disappointment... !

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I feel a hammering is on the horizon.

City 5-0 Bolton

If that happens would it be appropriate to do a “Ken Anderson, Nat Lofthouse, Vernon Kay, Paddy McGuinness, Zack Clough’s Dad, Michael Bolton, Sarah Cox, your boys took one helluva beating” ?

Early goal crucial.

The longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more edgy it will become.

As we all know football pays no attention to the normal rules of life - Bolton have had a dreadful week and the bad news would appear to not be over yet, that does not mean that their players won't put in a shift.

Worth remembering that there is a strong possibility their players will be looking at this as a 'shop window' for themselves, probably a few scouts there today looking for potential bargains in the January sales.

As a sideshow it could be interesting if Mr Anderson does turn up today.

Any win to keep the run going.

Suspect Bolton will be tougher than many are expecting and could frustrate leading to an attritional game. If the crowd gets a bit frustrated could make for a tense afternoon.

Early goal needed.

For once shall we forgive LJ if he needs to change everything in the 60th minute?

If Bolton Park the bus we won’t want to leave it too late for the express service!

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Any won to keep the run going.

Suspect Bolton will be tougher than many are expecting and could frustrate leading to an attritional game. If the crowd gets a bit frustrated could make for a tense afternoon.

Early goal needed.

All about Bolton for me today ! If they puff their chests out and play for their own personal pride it could be a frustrating afternoon as we know that we struggle against sides who dig in and scrap ! Alternatively if they have “ the Glums” after all the crap they’ve had flung at the club , it’ll be a serious spanking again ! We’ll know which within the first 20 mins I think . 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

An eventful week.

A cold January monday began with the FA Cup draw. Many wanted a PL team again, many wanted Accrington or Barnet. We got....... Bolton.

Yep, the same game we play today will be mirrored on a Friday in a few weeks time. But this week hasn't been without scandal for our opposition today...

Most tree huggers normally throw their organic wigs at the possibility of a forest being felled. Anyone remember Spider and Emily from Corrie? Clambering up a bloody gert tree whilst overweight builders stood below beside their JCBs and munched bacon sarnies and called the rozzers.

But not Dale Vince.

Mr Eco threw a right paddy earlier when it conspired that Bolton didn't pay FGR's on loan player for the last four months. Threatening court action, Mr Vince is taking a leaf out of ex Rovers chair Mr Higgs and will now probably meet Bolton chair Ken Anderson over a board table with a bunch of lawyers and a judge.

Bolton truly look like they are in the shit. But I have to applaud Dale Vince once more. Upping the level of shithousing, FGR started selling these...

T-shirt
The fundraising T-shirts refer to Ken Anderson, whose consortium took control of Bolton in 2016

Raising money for the Bolton supporters trust, Bolton fans also intend to make the 300 mile round journey and accept the free pint offered by Vince to Bolton fans at FGR's home game v Bury next week. 

Expect some sad faces today in the Atyeo. They want it over and done with. They've had enough of the BS and corporate bollocks. I can't blame them.

Sorry about this unimaginative thread today. I'm unwell. What I thought was a bad hangover from New Years has actually been diagnosed as severe tonsillitis and mononucleosis aka glandular fever. So I'm off to cough my guts up and take a boat load of antibiotics.

City to win 2-0.

COYRs!

Condensed Version 

Bolton

Pegs sick

City 3-0

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

An eventful week.

But not Dale Vince.

T-shirt

Raising money for the Bolton supporters trust, Bolton fans also intend to make the 300 mile round journey and accept the free pint offered by Vince to Bolton fans at FGR's home game v Bury next week

City to win 2-0.

COYRs!

I can see Nicky Maynard scoring the winner against FGR ?

Archived