IGNORED

Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day 27

Septic Peg

2-1 game over.

You can't help but think had the side that finished the game started the match, we would have had the match sown up by HT. Weimann and Pato should be nowhere near a starting place for me. Palmer did more in 10 mins of coming on that Pato had managed in nearly 70 mins and poor Weimann can't hit a barn door at mo.

Awful casual play by Kelly gifted them the goal, Da Silva should be getting a run ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are how long into Johnson reign and he still doesn’t know his best side which is very worrying,he made the subs that all of us could see needed so credit it where it’s due 

Change the ******* record for a minute, we're 2 points of the playoffs, enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are how long into Johnson reign and he still doesn’t know his best side which is very worrying,he made the subs that all of us could see needed so credit it where it’s due 

It's not that worrying. We're 10 games unbeaten. We're strong enough to keep out the really attacking teams, and when we really need it, we've been able to find the goal/s this season. It's possible to have different best teams to play against different types of sides.

Today for me is all about lessons learned.

Paterson needs to be dropped totally along with Wiemann, both have been long term poor, some longer than others.

Kelly needs a rest.

Taylor and Da Silva need a proper run in the side, not just one game and sneak Paterson back in, a long run.

Diedhiou was awful today, he needs competition. Pack is another who needs competition 5 times in the 2nd half 3 times after we went 2-1 up he put us in unnecessary bother with sloppy passes.

Now it's all about whether the lessons will be heeded.

That all said another welcome 3 points but we got away with it today against a piss poor side, better in the 2nd half after the substitutions but still not great.

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

2-1 game over.

You can't help but think had the side that finished the game started the match, we would have had the match sown up by HT. Weimann and Pato should be nowhere near a starting place for me. Palmer did more in 10 mins of coming on that Pato had managed in nearly 70 mins and poor Weimann can't hit a barn door at mo.

Awful casual play by Kelly gifted them the goal, Da Silva should be getting a run ahead of him.

Weimann was excellent, great movement, intelligent running, got a couple of shots off , unlucky not to score .

He has a lot of quality and we are ten unbeaten with him regularly in the side .

Suck it up .

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Weimann was excellent, great movement, intelligent running, got a couple of shots off , unlucky not to score .

He has a lot of quality and we are ten unbeaten with him regularly in the side .

Suck it up .

Weimann's movement is good but his finishing is woeful, he has the 3 best chances in the first half; 1 hit 6 feet over, 1 hit 20 feet over and 1 hit defender and then hit the bar. He just does not look as if he could score in a brothel at the mo I'm afraid.

cant understand the negative posts about certain players. Everyone seemed to put in an energetic and positive display against a team that came to park the bus - we won and all contributed to that. Famara could have had 4 on another day, while Paterson and Weimann both contributed while they were on - subs made a real impact.

Happy days

PS very insightful commentary from Korey today as well.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Suck it up .

Excellent running and intelligent movement is all well and good if he is producing on the end of it.

Admittedly I did not see the game today, but surely it would be better to give Eliasson a run who is just as talented(and didn’t really deserved to be dropped initially) and let Weimann earn back his place? 

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Today for me is all about lessons learned.

Paterson needs to be dropped totally along with Wiemann, both have been long term poor, some longer than others.

Kelly needs a rest.

Taylor and Da Silva need a proper run in the side, not just one game and sneak Paterson back in, a long run.

Diedhiou was awful today, he needs competition. Pack is another who needs competition 5 times in the 2nd half 3 times after we went 2-1 up he put us in unnecessary bother with sloppy passes.

Now it's all about whether the lessons will be heeded.

That all said another welcome 3 points but we got away with it today against a piss poor side, better in the 2nd half after the substitutions but still not great.

@Alessandro what are you confused about?, I am always happy to discuss my thoughts on this discussion forum.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Are we now serious contenders for the top 6?

Great results all round today. Plus two Forest players were shown red today, which is ideal for next week.

Well played LJ, can’t fault the management today.

Only if our players don't think that makes it a formality.

Can't afford to start like we did today. Gotta be up for it from the start and scrap for every precious point.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Are we now serious contenders for the top 6?

Great results all round today. Plus two Forest players were shown red today, which is ideal for next week.

Well played LJ, can’t fault the management today.

No one wants us right now!...Nine point off auto's...Their is a long way to go yet!

Archived