Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day 27

0-0 HT, same old failings really against a side sitting in. Pato done nothing at all, best 3 chances fallen to Weimann, but he really does not look like he could hit a barn door at mo. Kelly's forward passes have been very loose.

Palmer should be coming on for Pato at HT, but we all know LJ doesn't tend to use subs until 60 mins up. Other changes would be Eliasson or Taylor for Weimann and Da Silva for Kelly. 

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Bolton are terrible. why do we struggle against the poor teams. Looks like we could rip them apart but have created nothing again. At least we don't look like conceding . 

Why do we struggle?

Poor coaching, team selection etc

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We should be 1 up with chances we've had. I'm disappointed we haven't created a few more chances and been poor final 10 mins or so. Don't get why Eliasson is not in for Weimann. Very strange.

I think we’ve played really well. Bolton are shite but we’ve had 8 shots, 75% possesion and hit the bar.

Sit tight fellow reds, the win is on its way🍻 

Edited by 054123
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

That says a lot... Let’s hope KP can carve something out for us if he comes on...

I dont think it does say a lot. 

Teams like Bolton are notoriously difficult to break down. We have had our chances, we have been camped in their house, just need to get that one goal and the flood gates will open.

• Confused 1

Just now, Up The City! said:

Teams like Bolton are notoriously difficult to break down. We have had our chances, we have been camped in their house, just need to get that one goal and the flood gates will open.

Yep Hull struggled.

Terrible? Dire?

I do tire of these overreactions. OK our final ball and finishing isn’t great, but the approach play is fairly good.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

What do Weimann & Pato bring to the team? Nothing is the answer. 

Well I would love to hear the thoughts of our manager on this subject, especially Paterson, who has been dog shite for over a year but still appears to be the first name on the team sheet.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I think we’ve played really well. Bolton are shite but we’ve had 8 shots, 75% possesion and hit the bar.

Agreed, we are very comfortable, had some good chances but nothing clear cut, but we are creating which is the main thing, I’m still confident we can kill them off

• Like 1

We always struggle against 'poor' teams because they put 10 men behind the ball and sit in all game. Despite offering little going forwards, Bolton are still organised at the back.

Patience is needed - for me there was a lot of running, some good play and several decent half chances and woodwork action. Keep playing like this we will work them down and get our chance, hopefully it's taken.

Good depth on the bench too as they tire later on.

Some great hold up/link up play from Famara, some of his best to date. Weimann unlucky, bit more composure and would have got the goal he deserves for this movement. Kalas and Webster looking very solid.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Terrible? Dire?

I do tire of these overreactions. OK our final ball and finishing isn’t great, but the approach play is fairly good.

I think its fair. Dire is being kind need a much better 2nd half

• Eggplant 1

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The flood gates will open? Just like they did against Rotherham, Millwall, Brentford...

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

An eventful week.

A cold January monday began with the FA Cup draw. Many wanted a PL team again, many wanted Accrington or Barnet. We got....... Bolton.

Yep, the same game we play today will be mirrored on a Friday in a few weeks time. But this week hasn't been without scandal for our opposition today...

Most tree huggers normally throw their organic wigs at the possibility of a forest being felled. Anyone remember Spider and Emily from Corrie? Clambering up a bloody gert tree whilst overweight builders stood below beside their JCBs and munched bacon sarnies and called the rozzers.

But not Dale Vince.

Mr Eco threw a right paddy earlier when it conspired that Bolton didn't pay FGR's on loan player for the last four months. Threatening court action, Mr Vince is taking a leaf out of ex Rovers chair Mr Higgs and will now probably meet Bolton chair Ken Anderson over a board table with a bunch of lawyers and a judge.

Bolton truly look like they are in the shit. But I have to applaud Dale Vince once more. Upping the level of shithousing, FGR started selling these...

T-shirt
The fundraising T-shirts refer to Ken Anderson, whose consortium took control of Bolton in 2016

Raising money for the Bolton supporters trust, Bolton fans also intend to make the 300 mile round journey and accept the free pint offered by Vince to Bolton fans at FGR's home game v Bury next week. 

Expect some sad faces today in the Atyeo. They want it over and done with. They've had enough of the BS and corporate bollocks. I can't blame them.

Sorry about this unimaginative thread today. I'm unwell. What I thought was a bad hangover from New Years has actually been diagnosed as severe tonsillitis and mononucleosis aka glandular fever. So I'm off to cough my guts up and take a boat load of antibiotics.

City to win 2-0.

COYRs!

That’s the spirit, soldiering on . We’ll done that man.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We always struggle against 'poor' teams because they put 10 men behind the ball and sit in all game. Despite offering little going forwards, Bolton are still organised at the back.

Patience is needed - for me there was a lot of running, some good play and several decent half chances and woodwork action. Keep playing like this we will work them down and get our chance, hopefully it's taken.

Some great hold up/link up play from Famara, some of his best to date. Weimann unlucky, bit more composure and would have got the goal he deserves for this movement. Kalas and Webster looking very solid.

Finally, someone on here who understands football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Good to hear about famara as I do worry about his link up play at times . 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not there today but I'm guessing from the comments we are struggling to break them down. 

Why can we play well in front of our fans? Are the players scared of is LJ to conservative? 

I'd say it's LJ being conservative and scaring the players. Scared to loose. Play 2 up top and go at them 2nd half

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Terrible? Dire?

It's just the same old faces moaning

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Terrible? Dire?

It bloody should be fairly good when we have the whole pitch to ourselves pretty much but if you are not going to build up with any pace and just spread sideways passes then what is the point 

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

1 shot on target. 0 goals. 

Against a team in the relegation zone who was recently pumped 6-0 by Hull.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Finally, someone on here who understands football.

How on earth is that understanding football?

What has been identified is a constant problem, a constant problem that for the most part our manager has failed to sort out in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

This is excruciating enough to listen to so I'd hate to think what it is like to watch

Certainly not excruciating, enjoyable to a certain extent.

Again, should have scored.