IGNORED

half time ...7th place is there for the taking

the frampton balti

4 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

Forest there for the taking, no defenders before today and two sent off today! 

If we can manage not to lose next Saturday then this unbeaten run will start to look really impressive ( not saying 10 unbeaten is not) and like you say forest seem to be having a mini wobble. Knowing our luck they get a new manager and 3 points ...

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

We did both completely bottled it then achieved.

Not sure how that defines the next half of the season? 

was just thinking the number of times we have squandered this kind of opportunity to leap up the league . Really thought it was gonna be another case of    " if only we had bagged the points, everyone else slipped up today"

Strikes me that we have been playing mediocre and looking over our shoulder until this moment , we are now  touching  distance from  the play offs . lets hope we are more motivated by the carrot than the stick and the players start to believe in themselves because even after ten games undefeated , I cannot sense this just yet , too much fear in our play??

A crucial victory in my opinion!

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

If we can manage not to lose next Saturday then this unbeaten run will start to look really impressive ( not saying 10 unbeaten is not) and like you say forest seem to be having a mini wobble. Knowing our luck they get a new manager and 3 points ...

I don't want to count any chickens but Forest not just in a mini wobble.

Last 7 League results lost at home to Preston, drew at Derby, lost at home to QPR, threw away a 3 goal lead to draw at Norwich, lost at Millwall, yes beat Leeds 4-2 but not easily and v a Leeds with 10 men for 50 mins and then lose at Reading today.

1 win in 7, not exactly watertight or prolific and 2 red cards today suggests discipline issues?

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still a pretty big gap- let's just wait and see.

Teams will take points off each other- we saw that today, gaps can narrow quite quickly but 9 points plus GD quite a big one.

For sure...it's a bigger gap, but doable if others keep taking points off one another.

Aim for top 2 and you are more likely to make the play offs...look for 6th and imo, it's less likely.

Us and Hull are on the up...hope we don't end up meeting one another again.

Think we look good as a team and are hard to beat. Today was a tricky game vs a defensive Bolton. 0-1 and then 2-1 shows we got confidence. A good squad we have with many options and way of playing, as I said earlier, we are getting better and better. Palmer the player that we misded, Taylor a real snake for the opponents. Many games left but it sure is getting Interesting. One or 3 points in Nottingham should be great. We are well prepared for the rest of the season. COYR!!!

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Next week is a real test of how good we are 

3 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Forest there for the taking, no defenders before today and two sent off today! 

It looks as though they have real trouble for next week....They will be in the market the next few days that is for sure!!

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

For sure...it's a bigger gap, but doable if others keep taking points off one another.

Aim for top 2 and you are more likely to make the play offs...look for 6th and imo, it's less likely.

I see where you're going with it- aim high and maybe undershoot by a bit but still in playoffs, rather than aim for the base and finish 10th say.

Hull's form is out of nowhere really- a bit like the season which was great but ended in heartbreak at Wembley, they were lower mid-table around Christmas or November that season I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I see where you're going with it- aim high and maybe undershoot by a bit but still in playoffs, rather than aim for the base and finish 10th say.

Hull's form is out of nowhere really- a bit like the season which was great but ended in heartbreak at Wembley, they were lower mid-table around Christmas or November that season I'm sure.

I thought they gave us a very stern test and we were lucky to win 1-0.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Was thinking that myself, wouldn't it be fantastic to exorcise that ghost. revenge would never taste sweeter!

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Was thinking that myself, wouldn't it be fantastic to exorcise that ghost. revenge would never taste sweeter!

We could even do it before the end of the season.

Because it could easily be a multi-team scrap for the playoffs in April/May. Who do we play on last day of season...why Hull away!

Could be getting ahead of myself but what a game that has the potential to be- a winner takes all in that sense- and if we win that would exorcise a ghost to a point!

Archived