IGNORED

Tannoy™

Desso

Desso

Just to mention that "Tannoy" is just one of several Public Address (PA)) system manufacturers.

I do understand that it has become generic - like Hoover for vacuum cleaners.

Yes, the PA in the Dolman is crap and I have mentioned on another thread that I have been in email contact with Mark Kelly about this who said they were getting it sorted.

That was five months ago ! 

5 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Yes, the PA in the Dolman is crap and I have mentioned on another thread that I have been in email contact with Mark Kelly about this who said they were getting it sorted.

That was five months ago ! 

They were going to get it sorted when the Dolman was revamped.

It was not good before!

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@Robbored was meant to be heading the protest campaign , attend meetings with the club etc ?

Wtf has happened RR ? :dunno:

Bugger all has happened.

MKelly was speaker at Senior Reds a couple or so months ago. 

Said the fix was out to tender and they’d received two quotes that were wildly apart in their pricing for the same job. That raised the question as to what the more expensive one was going to do when compared with the other quote. He did say the PA system fell within H&S regulations and that it wouldn’t be rectified for “quite some time”.

That was sometime ago and it’s more inaudible now than it ever was before.

It s bloody shambles that they can’t sort out a sound system unfit for use for the last three seasons. It’s an absolute disgrace.

That was the last I heard.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bugger all has happened.M Kelly was speaker at Senior Reds a couple or so months ago. That was sometime ago and it’s more inaudible now than it ever was before.

It s bloody shambles that they can’t sort out a sound system unfit for use for the last three seasons. It’s an absolute disgrace.

:rofl2br:

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bugger all has happened.

MKelly was speaker at Senior Reds a couple or so months ago. 

Said the fix was out to tender and they’d received two quotes that were wildly apart in their pricing for the same job. That raised the question as to what the more expensive one was going to do when compared with the other quote. He did say the PA system fell within H&S regulations and that it wouldn’t be rectified for “quite some time”.

That was sometime ago and it’s more inaudible now than it ever was before.

An unfortunate choice of words, but I am sure everybody understands what you mean - 'less audible' might have been more appropriate.

In all seriousness, however, if the PA system is, indeed, 'inaudible', this must surely raise safety concerns for, team announcements and other 'football matters' aside, there would seem to be a major security risk.

16 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Bit of a shock I know, but last night I heard a couple of announcements in the Dolman loud and clear!

I think it was actually switched on!

At the Swansea game, the sound was so distant and muffled I don't think any of the Dolman speakers were.

• The title was changed to Tannoy™

Archived