IGNORED

Substitutions

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Why are fans moaning on radio about taking Kelly off - nothing to do with his mistake - the fact is Da Silva is better coming forward and deffo the right change !!

I rate Kelly but, even with the mistake, Da Silva was the right option 

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

There is an argument that he should have started with at least Taylor so it could be argued that his starting line up was wrong.

I've always thought Taylor is much better when coming on tbh, think the starting lineup was pretty much perfect (eliasson for weimann and da silva for Kelly apart) 

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why are fans moaning on radio about taking Kelly off - nothing to do with his mistake - the fact is Da Silva is better coming forward and deffo the right change !!

The guy, Steve on RB was trying to say in a muddled way that replacing Kelly so soon after his mess up wouldn’t have done Kelly’s morale any good - at least I think that was his meaning........

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

Which is why I expected Da Silva to start, given LJ saying the aim was to get behind them.

36 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yet again LJ makes changes that make a difference. 

Palmer and taylor made a difference and against a side like Bolton Da Silva was the right option. 

Fair play to LJ, won us the game today

Not trying to be have a go, because the dubs definitely made a difference.  However Palmer and Taylor were stripped and ready to come on from the 54th minute.  But Johnson delayed.  In fact he admitted as such on Radio Bristol.  Dasilva wasn’t coming on, but Kelly’s mistake speeded that up.

For me Dasilva made a huge difference / impression.  His first touch is top class and gives him so many options.  He really gets us going forward, because he is confident enough to play one-touch.  

More on Taylor and Palmer to come on other threads.

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thought he should have come off at HT but did think he was subbed because of the mistake but honestly I would have pulled him out after that. Kelly looked really casual today and I’d drop him for a bit. Dasilva been more than good enough. Nothing agaisnt Lloyd who has been generally solid but his first full season. Its the championship and just got through a trying month. Think he needs a break perhaps more mentally than physically

Great subs and brave to do all three. Thought Palmer should have come on before the goal. Looked stripped and ready amd was going over some notes but then sat back down. May have had no effect on the goal but thought he’d liven up the crowd and perhaps the other players(won’t say I expected that good in his first go).

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The guy, Steve on RB was trying to say in a muddled way that replacing Kelly so soon after his mess up wouldn’t have done Kelly’s morale any good - at least I think that was his meaning........

If he can’t take being hooked for handing Bolton their goal today with yet another example of casual play then he isn’t a £10m left back. I would leave him out of the starting XI next week too.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought he should have come off at HT but did think he was subbed because of the mistake but honestly I would have pulled him out after that. Kelly looked really casual today and I’d drop him for a bit. Dasilva been more than good enough. Nothing agaisnt Lloyd who has been generally solid but his first full season. Its the championship and just got through a trying month. Think he needs a break perhaps more mentally than physically

Was listening to the Rovers manager on the radio on the way to the game, and he said that one or two of his young players who are playing well “will burst their bubble at some point” and need a week or so out of the team, just concentrating on training.  It is tough mentally, and Kelly had a poor game today.  Him and O’Dowda offered little threat in first half down the left wing.  COD got more involved when he drifted inside.  Just one of those days for Lloyd, but he’s probably having one of those every 4/5 games.  He’s young, it happens.

Great subs and brave to do all three. Thought Palmer should have come on before the goal. Looked stripped and ready amd was going over some notes but then sat back down.

He was ready 4 minutes before they scored.  As was Taylor.  Dasilva was a rushed sub after they went 1-0 up.

May have had no effect on the goal but thought he’d liven up the crowd and perhaps the other players(won’t say I expected that good in his first go).

If Casey Palmer can take that 30 min performance into a full 90, will push Paterson hard for a place in starting 11. 

In now way slating JP, but at times he can frustrate. Casey Palmer looks like an upgrade and gives us badly needed strength in depth. 

Only time will tell, but I feel this team is in the right place at the right time and now could push on nicely for the rest of the season. 

It could be a very good couple of months ahead. 

Stevo

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not trying to be have a go, because the dubs definitely made a difference.  However Palmer and Taylor were stripped and ready to come on from the 54th minute.  But Johnson delayed.  In fact he admitted as such on Radio Bristol.  Dasilva wasn’t coming on, but Kelly’s mistake speeded that up.

For me Dasilva made a huge difference / impression.  His first touch is top class and gives him so many options.  He really gets us going forward, because he is confident enough to play one-touch.  

More on Taylor and Palmer to come on other threads.

Get what you're saying tbh, I think the goal forced his hand

8 hours ago, Neo said:

He was hooked for the goal without a shadow of doubt, the mistake would’ve infuriated LJ .  I can’t see why we can’t play both of em 

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

There is an argument that he should have started with at least Taylor so it could be argued that his starting line up was wrong.

I don't agree with this.

People often say he should have started with that team to begin with and I find that a very poor argument.

The players we started with have for 60/70 minutes tired their defence out with their constant running etc. We are then able to bring on 3 high energy fast players which a tired defence cannot handle.

It's not THE game plan but it's a good fall back plan if things go wrong like they did today. 

I think our fan base needs to learn to be more patient and recognise that the game is going to open up for us in the second half.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I don't agree with this.

People often say he should have started with that team to begin with and I find that a very poor argument.

The players we started with have for 60/70 minutes tired their defence out with their constant running etc. We are then able to bring on 3 high energy fast players which a tired defence cannot handle.

It's not THE game plan but it's a good fall back plan if things go wrong like they did today. 

I think our fan base needs to learn to be more patient and recognise that the game is going to open up for us in the second half.

I agree, I was trying to playing devils advocate. As you state there are different periods in games that require different types of players and  Johnson got it almost perfect yesterday. 

Its nice that we seem to have a plan B, C and D at the moment and can step through some gears when required at least against some of the teams in our league - I think it's the first time we have been able to do that and been able to get results since promotion (we may have been able to do it last season but tended to keep at it running ourselves in to the ground a bit).

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I don't agree with this.

The chaps round by me are always relatively happy if we are still level at h-t, kicking towards the South Stand.  There is that sense of expectation.

We didn’t play badly yesterday.  Before they went 1-0 up, Phil Parkinson admitted we flashed several balls across the box, hit the bar twice, and forced Alnwick into a couple of smart saves.

This little graphic sums it up for me.

687FFD93-6F62-4EA9-8D1B-1456A62EFCFD.thumb.jpeg.b8f8d52570a757c28b8caed5e6573c9e.jpeg

Twice as many goals second half as first half.  Patience Grasshopper!!

xG too.

A5F8A5B6-1967-4BBA-B6CD-6420E2F43BAD.thumb.jpeg.d392ae52ea404a1b03a6db41b6e95e52.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The chaps round by me are always relatively happy if we are still level at h-t, kicking towards the South Stand.  There is that sense of expectation.

We didn’t play badly yesterday.  Before they went 1-0 up, Phil Parkinson admitted we flashed several balls across the box, hit the bar twice, and forced Alnwick into a couple of smart saves.

This little graphic sums it up for me.

687FFD93-6F62-4EA9-8D1B-1456A62EFCFD.thumb.jpeg.b8f8d52570a757c28b8caed5e6573c9e.jpeg

Twice as many goals second half as first half.  Patience Grasshopper!!

xG too.

A5F8A5B6-1967-4BBA-B6CD-6420E2F43BAD.thumb.jpeg.d392ae52ea404a1b03a6db41b6e95e52.jpeg

Yep, I felt really comfortable at HT yesterday, we had quite a few chances in the 1st half and should have been ahead. I know that when we attack the SS we up our performance, I think that's a combination of attacking the SS and our fitness levels vs the away teams fitness levels. 

48 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When the (excellent) substitutions were made I noticed that Dasilva handed Marlon a note which he quickly read then pushed inside of his shorts. My guess is that it said "We're playing in red today, Marlon".

I suspect it was the report from the secret agent we sent to Bolton`s training ground.

Archived